A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 12:35:38 am
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You did not do that!  (Read 61816 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #285 on: September 11, 2012, 07:15:18 am »

In other words, he said what he really thought.

I've read what he actually said in context, and it really doesn't make me feel all that much better about it.

Kinda like the way RMoney likes 'to fire people'?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #286 on: September 11, 2012, 07:24:48 am »

Yep  Roll Eyes

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2012/jan/11/context-does-mitt-romney-firing-people/

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #287 on: September 11, 2012, 07:44:19 am »

He likes to lick their sweet sweet tears from their cheeks.  It keeps his hair swooped real nice.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #288 on: September 11, 2012, 07:52:44 am »

He likes to lick their sweet sweet tears from their cheeks.  It keeps his hair swooped real nice.

Very nice.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #289 on: September 11, 2012, 07:53:21 am »

Out-of-context quotes can be a grumble, eh?

dbacks fan
« Reply #290 on: September 11, 2012, 10:26:53 am »

I looked around several grammar sites for proper use of pronouns.  Relative pronouns (such as "that") are used to tie phrases and clauses together.  I didn't see any examples of relative pronouns crossing to another sentence.  The antecedent for the relative pronoun "that" (in "you didn't build that") really should be in the same sentence.

President Obama is a lawyer.  I have always thought that lawyers were trained to use language clearly, or at least to their benefit.  That is obviously not the case here. (Intentional ambiguity.)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZqI5b5wGA4[/youtube]
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #291 on: September 28, 2012, 05:53:08 pm »

When did POTUS Obama start taking his talking points from crazy Uncle Joe? 

Ol' Uncle Joe at it again.

“Everyone knows, everyone in this room knows that President Obama has increased the benefits available to people on Medicare by the action he took,” Biden said. “You are now able to go get a wellness exam, and guys, if you conclude you need a colonoscopy because of the feeling you had or you need a breast health examination, you don’t have to pay a co-pay for that.”

http://washingtonexaminer.com/biden-promotes-free-colonoscopies-to-seniors-in-florida/article/2509330#.UGY2_FF42So

That "feeling" I am having is largely from hearing Mr. High IQ running his mouth again. But I guess coming from a guy who's head is up his @ss so long we should expect he knows a thing or two about colons...

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org