A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:23:14 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TFM - The Fresh Market  (Read 56062 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2012, 08:43:39 am »

Sam's has the liquid injected stuff.  How does that work for you?  (Seems like it would not be optimum due to skewing of the flavor spectrum...?)

Will have to check Perry's - haven't been there since north Lewis store - not even 11th and Lewis - you can tell how long that has been....  I guess I would expect them to not mess with the meat more than I would expect that from the WalMart Empire.

One of the guests at a 4th party we were at last night related that Perry’s does a deli sandwich lunch special.  $2.88 for a sandwich he says he can only eat 1/2 of.  I’m going to have to see this in person.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2012, 09:39:37 am »

I understand my POV seems odd to most here, given that many of you drive more than that distance to work every morning.

Not to me.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2012, 11:49:21 am »

Sam's has the liquid injected stuff.  How does that work for you?  (Seems like it would not be optimum due to skewing of the flavor spectrum...?)

Will have to check Perry's - haven't been there since north Lewis store - not even 11th and Lewis - you can tell how long that has been....  I guess I would expect them to not mess with the meat more than I would expect that from the WalMart Empire.

Sam's has pork shoulder in cryo-pack.  they come two to a pack and are not injected. The stuff they have injected is the pork loin.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2012, 11:52:14 am »

And in case anyone missed the meat market thread, the beef tenderloin I got at TFM Saturday was by far the best fillet MC or I have had.  Damn that was a good meal last night!

Bought that today. I have it salted, peppered, and garlicked (a bit). Getting four to RT.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2012, 12:39:43 pm »

Bought that today. I have it salted, peppered, and garlicked (a bit). Getting four to RT.

Get ready for a great experience.

Oh, wait that’s what the Dr. said, right?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2012, 04:07:07 pm »

Oh, wait that’s what the Dr. said, right?

You are correct, sir.

At Fresh Market, for those that like it, Talenti's gelato and sorbetto is on sale, 2/$6.00. I think the Bove's pasta sauces are the same deal. Heading back up there tomorrow or Sat. This place is awesome and packed. I am sure Food Pyramid across the street is on suicide watch.

EDITED:  Let's just say that unless you want your face to pucker into itself from sour/tartness, try to avoid the Roman Raspberry Sorbetto. It's good, but by FAR the most tart thing I've ever eaten.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 09:33:57 pm by guido911 » Logged

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2012, 06:30:14 pm »

Didn't like the way they looked. Chopped it up and made hamburger helper with it.  Cheesy

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2012, 07:38:22 pm »

Didn't like the way they looked. Chopped it up and made hamburger helper with it.  Cheesy

Shocked

You spoil your kids.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2012, 09:56:48 pm »

Shocked

You spoil your kids.

I do, don't I? Tomorrow, we are having a caviar spitball fight, and for dinner a a black truffle covered lobster dog with saffron mustard. All served of course by starving children.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2012, 06:04:27 am »

I do, don't I? Tomorrow, we are having a caviar spitball fight, and for dinner a a black truffle covered lobster dog with saffron mustard. All served of course by starving children.

Peasant.
 Roll Eyes

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2012, 07:44:20 am »

Peasant.
 Roll Eyes

You win.  I got nothing after that.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2012, 01:44:38 pm »

I prefer starving middle aged ladies. They cook a lot better than the children. While it is very important to teach kids the value of hard work, the lesson cannot come at the expense of my gastronomic experience.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2012, 06:18:58 pm »

"Let them eat Cake"....!!!!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org