A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:42:51 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Local Sales--Food & Products  (Read 4806 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: June 14, 2012, 03:51:21 pm »

Given how Bush has totally effed our economy for generations, I think it would be a pretty good idea to have a forum (or on-going thread) where people that come across decent sales on food items, or any other products people may need but have trouble affording, can post. I also have been to led to believe there are a few pikers in here, so they might be interested. I am always on the look out for meat sales, and given I recently paid less than 6.00/lb for t-bone and strip I thought this might be a good idea. I think it would draw more viewers to the site and, more importantly, provide a very valuable resource to help out the community.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 07:33:35 pm »

Given how Bush has totally effed our economy for generations, I think it would be a pretty good idea to have a forum (or on-going thread) where people that come across decent sales on food items, or any other products people may need but have trouble affording, can post. I also have been to led to believe there are a few pikers in here, so they might be interested. I am always on the look out for meat sales, and given I recently paid less than 6.00/lb for t-bone and strip I thought this might be a good idea. I think it would draw more viewers to the site and, more importantly, provide a very valuable resource to help out the community.

Good thinking I like it.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 08:07:48 pm »

Dunno if this is still true, but when we had the Las Americas supermarket in German Corner, it had the lowest beef prices of any area grocery store.  I haven't been in the ones in Tulsa, so I don't know if that is still true, and besides, I can't eat beef anymore.

You can get used to veggie burgers after a while.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 08:13:48 pm »

We went to Joe Momma's on Tuesday night for $5 pizzas. I bought a pizza for each adult and teenage boy and the smaller kids and teenage girls in our party split a pizza. We made the kids drink water and the adults drank 3 pitchers of $5 beer. I got out of there for $120 for dinner for eighteen with tip.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org