A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:21:40 am
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: where is downtown Chase bank moving to?  (Read 15027 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« on: June 24, 2012, 05:53:56 pm »

I heard Chase bank in 1st Place Tower is moving out of Kanbar property (the same on cimarex is leaving) .  I have not been able to find out where it is moving too.  The bank has the lobby and 3 floors (I think).  I can't imagine chase leaving downtown.  So.... anyone?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 08:16:45 pm »

Midfirst left their downtown location. Maybe Chase will move with Cimarex?
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 10:20:49 pm »

Cimarex claims to have leased all the office space. Wonder why Chase is moving.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 08:48:27 am »

Has anyone heard anything else on this?  JPMC spent a pretty penny in leasehold in 2006/7 on their private bank floor which is the old lobby of the First National Bank.  They remodeled their commercial bank floor about two years ago.  Interesting if their moving all those offices but who said the big banks do anything smart?

It'll be sad for them to move out of First Place Tower.  It's their local heritage being the descendants of First National Bank.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 02:38:34 pm »

Chase is going into Midfirst's former location.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 06:37:34 pm »

Suppose i should have followed up my own thread... i have been watching the renovations and a sign has been up for weeka...  anyone know if they are taking significant space in the kennedy building as well?

Tenants appear to be fleeing Kanbar.  Rumor has it pithian building is for sale.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 09:39:10 pm »

Suppose i should have followed up my own thread... i have been watching the renovations and a sign has been up for weeka...  anyone know if they are taking significant space in the kennedy building as well?

Tenants appear to be fleeing Kanbar.  Rumor has it pithian building is for sale.

Pythian

Oh, and thanks for dropping by the museum and saying hi today.  Sorry I was so busy and focused on getting ready for the tour group that was due to arrive shortly, that I wasn't able to be polite and chat lol.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 09:41:08 pm by TheArtist » Logged

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 11:54:03 am »

I've been wondering about the Pythian building. The office supply place and the hair salon next door moved out recently.

The most recent TW article I could find talked about it being auctioned with bids due this past July. Any updates?

TheTed
City Father

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 08:58:20 am »

Premier Popcorn is moving into the spot formerly occupied by a hair salon in the Pythian Building (5th, east of Boulder). They currently have a store on Harvard.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 09:04:28 am »

Premier Popcorn is moving into the spot formerly occupied by a hair salon in the Pythian Building (5th, east of Boulder). They currently have a store on Harvard.

I never thought I'd read a popcorn shop was expanding.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 09:35:36 am »

I never thought I'd read a popcorn shop was expanding.

But... it's PREMIER popcorn.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 03:25:06 pm »

Popcorn shop is now open.

11-3 Monday-Friday. Less than half the numbers of hours per week of their other store. I hope they're at least receptive to maybe being open a more reasonable amount of hours.

godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 03:54:04 pm »

Popcorn shop is now open.

11-3 Monday-Friday. Less than half the numbers of hours per week of their other store. I hope they're at least receptive to maybe being open a more reasonable amount of hours.

So not even open when people are leaving work? Odd choice.

Thank you,
Robert Town
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 03:47:31 pm »

Popcorn shop is now closed.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 09:49:38 pm »

And that popcorn shop is the perfect example of what's wrong with some downtown business owners. They opened three months ago, four hours a day, five days a week. Around Christmas time they closed for a good couple weeks or more (not just the week between Christmas and New Year's).

At some point midway through their three months of being in business they decided to only be open four days a week, four hours per day.

They barely gave it a chance, with poor hours. They didn't try weekends during the time the pop-up shops were open. They didn't even open for the Holiday Parade, when thousands were in the area.

But I'm sure they probably think that downtown didn't support the business when it was the business that didn't give a legitimate effort to succeed.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org