A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:50:35 am
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SANDUSKY CONVICTED OF 45 COUNTS  (Read 11587 times)
GG
Philanthropist

« on: June 22, 2012, 08:48:59 pm »

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/22/12363955-sandusky-convicted-of-45-counts?lite

Updated at 10:26 p.m. ET: BELLEFONTE, Pa. — Jerry Sandusky was convicted of 45 counts of child sexual abuse Friday night and faces spending the rest of his life in state prison.
Kimberly Kaplan and Michael Isikoff of NBC News reported from Bellefonte, Pa. M. Alex Johnson is a reporter for msnbc.com. Follow M. Alex Johnson on Twitter and Facebook.

Sandusky's attorney, Joseph Amendola, asked Judge John Cleland to allow Sandusky to be released on house arrest, but Cleland summarily rejected the request, saying: "Bail is revoked. Mr. Sandusky is remanded to the custody of the sheriff."

Sandusky was immediately led out of the courthouse in handcuffs as a large crowd of onlookers cheered.

Trust but verify
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 11:37:40 pm »

I hope he spends the rest of his mortal and eternal lives face down getting the pineapple treatment or the sandpaper condom treatment.  What a pathetic POS and a beast.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 07:00:13 am »

I hope he spends the rest of his mortal and eternal lives face down getting the pineapple treatment or the sandpaper condom treatment.  What a pathetic POS and a beast.

Don't forget to add grass to that sandpaper.

Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 10:07:24 am »

Why do these types of crimes not warrant the death penalty... Huh Huh Huh

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 10:18:18 am »

Why do these types of crimes not warrant the death penalty... Huh Huh Huh

Why should they?  Child molesters are the lowest form of scum, even in the prisons, so they are typically targeted.  He will likely get Darwined while in the house.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 10:53:22 am »

Why should they?  Child molesters are the lowest form of scum, even in the prisons, so they are typically targeted.  He will likely get Darwined while in the house.

Thats a pipe dream...He will be in segregation and protected.....

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 11:22:55 pm »

I have heard that little bit of lore for decades.  And yet, the vast majority of them seems to navigate all the "righteous indignation" of murderers and rapists who would naturally be inclined to go after them, and many times get out.  Wonder how much truth there is to that?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 08:12:09 am »

He will end up at a minimum yard and protected. But because of his high profile case, I'm sure that segregation is where he will spend the vast majority of his time. Like Dahmer, mistakes can still be made and he could walk into a chow room alone while cleaning up and get the same treatment.

My prediction is that after all appeals are exhausted and he realises that he will be spending what is left of his life inside prison. He will take the cowards way out and hang himself. He has the look of suicide all over his face.

On a side note. The inmates at the correctional center where he is at. Like to sing a verse of a Pink Floyd song. "Hey Teacher! Leave those kid's alone!" after lights out. They are ordered not to talk to him directly.
A man can only take that kind of mental abuse so long. And he looks weak.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 09:18:06 am by DolfanBob » Logged

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 08:53:37 am »

Thats a pipe dream...He will be in segregation and protected.....

Jeffrey Dahmer was supposedly protected.  We all know how that ended.

Far better punishment for Sandusky, even if he’s in solitary, to have the rest of his life to think about how badly he foobared up.  Besides, it costs a whole lot more warehousing inmates on death row than general population.  Plus they have virtually unlimited appeals on the tax payer dime.  It’s roughly ten times the cost for death row, and then he gets put to sleep?  I really don’t see how a peaceful death is proper retribution for the ways in which he ruined these young men’s lives.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 09:09:47 am »

Jeffrey Dahmer was supposedly protected.  We all know how that ended.

Far better punishment for Sandusky, even if he’s in solitary, to have the rest of his life to think about how badly he foobared up.  Besides, it costs a whole lot more warehousing inmates on death row than general population.  Plus they have virtually unlimited appeals on the tax payer dime.  It’s roughly ten times the cost for death row, and then he gets put to sleep?  I really don’t see how a peaceful death is proper retribution for the ways in which he ruined these young men’s lives.

I would love to think he'd get the 'Pulp Fiction' Marsellus treatment...obviously without interruption by Bruce Willis.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 09:10:06 am »

What the guy did was despicable and unconscionable. He was in a position, and with support, that allowed him that behavior. As a society we must put him away from others and exact a punishment. I have to say that my Christian beliefs assure me God loves him as much as any other sinner. You have to remember that he most likely was abused as a child and no one was ever held accountable for his abuse.

I personally knew two child molesters of different degrees. One continued to work in the community with supervision and does well. One was locked away never to be heard from again. Rumors were that he committed suicide or was killed in prison. The guy was well educated, sophisticated, a respected, active member of his church and society, but the demons were there and he abused the faith others had in him. Its really quite sad.

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 09:13:58 am »

You have to remember that he most likely was abused as a child and no one was ever held accountable for his abuse.

I have never found that excuse to be an acceptable line of defense for any of these monsters.  People are responsible for their own actions regardless of their childhood or even what they had for lunch yesterday.  There are plenty of people who have been abused who did not go on to become abusers.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 09:17:00 am »

I have never found that excuse to be an acceptable line of defense for any of these monsters.  People are responsible for their own actions regardless of their childhood or even what they had for lunch yesterday.  There are plenty of people who have been abused who did not go on to become abusers.

Personal data included here:

I was abused as a child.  Yes, I said it.  I will not delve into it further than to say alcoholism was a large part of it.  I've moved past it and forgiven the perpetrator of the abuse.  I've never forgotten, though.  That's important.

I turned out just fine.  I've NEVER accepted that as a plausible excuse or explanation for propagating the same behavior down the generational chain.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 09:19:30 am »

I have never found that excuse to be an acceptable line of defense for any of these monsters.  People are responsible for their own actions regardless of their childhood or even what they had for lunch yesterday.  There are plenty of people who have been abused who did not go on to become abusers.

Conan, I very carefully wrote that to deflect any inference that it was an excuse or an excusable behavior in any way. I found it interesting that he really made no defense other than to argue the facts.

You can't on the one hand say that children receive lifelong scars from being abused, yet when the behavior is repeated, say they are merely monsters. To do so is to demean the creator isn't it? He created the monster.

onward...through the fog
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 09:22:37 am »

I turned out just fine.  

We have been wanted to talk to you about that.  Smiley

Power is nothing till you use it.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org