A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:26:11 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Markwayne Mullin Congressional run  (Read 40935 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« on: June 12, 2012, 08:10:00 am »

http://www.mullinforcongress.com/

The first political ad I saw was saying things about the candidate and why he'd be a good congressman.

Apparently that didn't work.

I saw the new one this morning.  He's going to war against Obama and hell's coming with him apparently.  They used thunder and lightning effects and caused me to grimace from the added stupidity.

I'll still use his company but taking Sullivan's example on how to run an ad campaign...meh.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 08:58:41 am »

I kind of know Mark from him doing business with my work. And ever since he started running these ads.
I can't help but think, Why? I'm mean what's the point?
Just because you are a successful business man doesn't mean that you all of the sudden know how politics work. Is it just the status symbol, Or that hey. People like me enough to vote for me without even knowing who or what I am?
It makes me think back to the Mayor's race when any and all Tom, Dick and Harry's put their name on the ballot box because the entry fee was so low. I still remember Night Train Lane.
So is it all the free trips to Washington D.C.? State paid salary? Slush funds for your vote? What is it?

Also. Who is he running against? and will he win by default with the who cares voters?

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 10:07:12 am »

I kind of know Mark from him doing business with my work. And ever since he started running these ads.
I can't help but think, Why? I'm mean what's the point?
Just because you are a successful business man doesn't mean that you all of the sudden know how politics work. Is it just the status symbol, Or that hey. People like me enough to vote for me without even knowing who or what I am?
It makes me think back to the Mayor's race when any and all Tom, Dick and Harry's put their name on the ballot box because the entry fee was so low. I still remember Night Train Lane.
So is it all the free trips to Washington D.C.? State paid salary? Slush funds for your vote? What is it?

Also. Who is he running against? and will he win by default with the who cares voters?

Its ego. That's why his persona takes precedence over his company (dad started) and his workers (team). Not making a value judgement. Just have always observed that service businesses are encouraged by advertising people to use their own pictures to personalize their business. The one sure way an ad man can get an insurance person, a real estate person or a service person to advertise is to suggest they put their face on all their advertising.

Its also the great insurance and retirement plans.

onward...through the fog
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 10:13:13 am »

Its ego. That's why his persona takes precedence over his company (dad started) and his workers (team). Not making a value judgement. Just have always observed that service businesses are encouraged by advertising people to use their own pictures to personalize their business. The one sure way an ad man can get an insurance person, a real estate person or a service person to advertise is to suggest they put their face on all their advertising.

Its also the great insurance and retirement plans.

GET GOVERNMENT OUT OF OUR LIVES! mantra gets real old....he must hate Firefighters, police, and teachers.

The ad business and their dealer the media moguls now run our election process. The mob is corporate Amerika. It's getting uglier. This fall we'll all be screaming for it to end and it will....only to return two years later with even more abuse of the audience. I'm getting "The Hopper (Hoppa?)".
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 10:23:32 am »

GET GOVERNMENT OUT OF OUR LIVES! mantra gets real old....he must hate Firefighters, police, and teachers.

The ad business and their dealer the media moguls now run our election process. The mob is corporate Amerika. It's getting uglier. This fall we'll all be screaming for it to end and it will....only to return two years later with even more abuse of the audience. I'm getting "The Hopper (Hoppa?)".

This ain't your daddy's America! Unfortunately since history isn't as important to know as it was for us back in the 50's-70's, no one under 40 seems to appreciate the difference. A six year term for presidency to match the Senate terms might be a good idea. Doubling the number of Senators and Representatives while keeping the total outlay of compensation the same would also be beneficial. Then, make every public servant secure his own insurance and retirement plans.

Are you referring to Hopper from the Disney movie?

onward...through the fog
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 10:27:02 am »

Are you referring to Hopper from the Disney movie?

The "Hoppa"

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 10:31:30 am »

Beyond me. But that's cause I have the senior Okie in me.....

onward...through the fog
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 10:36:28 am »

TTC. Call me if you want to get the Hoppa!
Thats what I do. Satellite Television and Internet.
918-251-6002

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 10:45:39 am »

Beyond me. But that's cause I have the senior Okie in me.....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq_hOx8E2uo[/youtube]
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 11:25:41 am »

Thanks Bob! I will keep that in mind. I have to re equip with new Tee wees and I get perturbed about DISH manipulating the programming. I think I may hold out for customization through the web.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 11:26:56 am »

Oh, that Hoppa'. That's funny.

onward...through the fog
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 09:06:20 pm »

Da plumber wins! We all win! Cry
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 09:25:00 pm »

Not yet.  Not a majority so there will be a runoff.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 02:58:09 pm »

You and Markwayne would get along real well.  He thinks single payer is the bomb!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ClEq4-yCD2s[/youtube]

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2012, 03:06:06 pm »

Geez. He cant even pronounce it. How is he going to support it?
But I am glad that leaked out though. Get it? "Leaked out"
Ooh I tell ya, tough crowd, tough crowd!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org