A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:48:36 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hot Sauces  (Read 36096 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: June 08, 2012, 03:25:28 pm »

Not sure if this is a "local" joint, but I spent about 1/2 hr at the Branson Landing Pepper Palace. Got several 1+M Scoville hot sauces--including one with the Trinidad "Scorpion" pepper, perhaps the new #1. Yeah. Come get some Red.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 05:15:37 pm »

There's a new chili-themed shop on Main in Owasso, Guido, if you ever make it out to the hinterlands.  I haven't been in there yet, 'cause for me hot sauce=heartburn.

I'll see if they have a website.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 05:21:10 pm »

There's a new chili-themed shop on Main in Owasso, Guido, if you ever make it out to the hinterlands.  I haven't been in there yet, 'cause for me hot sauce=heartburn.

I'll see if they have a website.

I've always liked Owasso. Will make a trip up there soon.

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 08:07:49 pm »

I didn't find a website, but there's a story in the Reporter about the business:

http://owassoreporter.com/news/fire-n-the-hole-adds-zip-to-downtown/article_0bd6a28c-7f5a-11e1-b4d8-0019bb2963f4.html

They carry or can order food products that range from the moderately tangy to the outrageously hot. Most of the products are not available in supermarkets.

For anything that runs above about 800,000 Scoville Heat Units, a person has to sign a waiver, Joe Miller explains. A list on the shop counter gives the names of items that range well past a million Scoville units — all the way to 7.1 million SHU.

That's not seasoning - it's rocket fuel.

BTW, if you're around here on a weekend when I'm not working, let me know and I buy you a cuppa.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 08:33:57 pm »

Not sure if this is a "local" joint, but I spent about 1/2 hr at the Branson Landing Pepper Palace. Got several 1+M Scoville hot sauces--including one with the Trinidad "Scorpion" pepper, perhaps the new #1. Yeah. Come get some Red.

I don't really have a death wish.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 08:47:46 pm »

I haven't been in there yet, 'cause for me hot sauce=heartburn.

Canned tomato products and really hoppy beers for me.  Try Zantac.  If it works, get it by prescription (Ranitidine) from WalMart for $10 for 180 pills.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 08:54:02 pm »

Rocket fuel, yumm.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 09:26:54 pm »

I've always liked Owasso. Will make a trip up there soon.

Isn't that almost to Kansas?  I actually got as far north as 41st St South today.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 09:57:13 pm »

I actually got as far north as 41st St South today.

What was it like up there? Do the people up there walk upright? This is what I saw last time...

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 10:02:33 pm »

I didn't find a website, but there's a story in the Reporter about the business:

http://owassoreporter.com/news/fire-n-the-hole-adds-zip-to-downtown/article_0bd6a28c-7f5a-11e1-b4d8-0019bb2963f4.html

They carry or can order food products that range from the moderately tangy to the outrageously hot. Most of the products are not available in supermarkets.

For anything that runs above about 800,000 Scoville Heat Units, a person has to sign a waiver, Joe Miller explains. A list on the shop counter gives the names of items that range well past a million Scoville units — all the way to 7.1 million SHU.

BTW, if you're around here on a weekend when I'm not working, let me know and I buy you a cuppa.

The hottest I ever owned was just over 5M Scoville. Didn't have to sign a waiver or anything. Me and another guy at Pepper Palace were hitting the 1.5 off plastic spoons. We both agreed the 800K stuff taste way hotter--perhaps because it was thicker. Thanks for the invite. Next time you are down to south Tulsa, let's have Townsend take us both out.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 10:04:14 pm »

What was it like up there?

Frightening.  Folks walked upright, but just barely.  They spoke a different language, similar to Kansan but I wasn't sure.  Mostly they said, "Sorry, we don't have that but we can order it for you."  I ordered the part I needed (chain bar for a Poulan Pole saw) but it will take until next Wednesday or Thursday so it must be farther away than Dallas/Ft Worth.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2012, 10:24:55 pm »

Frightening.  Folks walked upright, but just barely.  They spoke a different language, similar to Kansan but I wasn't sure.  Mostly they said, "Sorry, we don't have that but we can order it for you."  I ordered the part I needed (chain bar for a Poulan Pole saw) but it will take until next Wednesday or Thursday so it must be farther away than Dallas/Ft Worth.

Well, I'm happy to hear you survived the trip back.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 08:29:04 am »

p

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2014, 11:36:41 pm »

Kicked this older thread in order to publicly express my sorrow at surpassing my hot sauce heat limits this evening. A very long night coming up....

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

Re:
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2014, 04:44:37 am »

I'm growing Carolina Reapers this year.  I'll make you something special.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org