A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:52:27 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New York Is Where I'd Rather Stay...  (Read 5551 times)
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2012, 04:53:14 pm »

We stayed in Weehawken NJ just a block or so off JFK Boulevard.  The neighborhoods there were woooonderful and quit affordable actually, I think the rent the person we were staying with was around $750 a month.  Beautiful, quiet, tree lined streets.  Near parks and a large trail system, and looking over the water to NYC was spectacular.  Reminded me of the old neighborhoods here by the river and downtown, except without the transit and view lol.  15 minutes and we were in the city via bus, or rail or boat right in the middle of everything.   Then another trip back and you were in a cozy old neighborhood near parks, a little "main street" type area with little shops, antique stores and cafes (and the best bagel shop I have ever had the honor of visiting)

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2012, 05:44:23 pm »

Those are awesome. 

I believe you are confusing modern roundabouts with 1940s and 50s traffic circles.  Not the same.  Traffic circles were terrible.

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2012, 07:06:32 pm »

Btw,,, much as I love NYC and all.  I would rather live in Tulsa and enjoy making it a better place.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2012, 09:58:51 pm »

I believe you are confusing modern roundabouts with 1940s and 50s traffic circles.  Not the same.  Traffic circles were terrible.

I thought you were kidding.  I don't remember traffic circles in Jersey.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2012, 06:52:47 am »

I thought you were kidding.  I don't remember traffic circles in Jersey.

I only really remember the Camden, NJ (across the Delaware River from Phila.) area from visiting my Grandparents in the 50s and very early 60s.  I think they may have gotten rid of them but I haven't even been to NJ since the late 80s.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org