A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:12:28 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Forward." as the new slogan.  (Read 17042 times)
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 08:40:58 pm »

little understanding of basic economics

I think you also fail on that count. Basic economics being that which is taught in Econ 101.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 09:05:18 pm »

and sap you of your precious bodily fluids while you sleep. 

Salt monster from the original Star Trek series.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2012, 09:07:00 pm »

I think you also fail on that count. Basic economics being that which is taught in Econ 101.

Taught by professors that don't believe in Capitalism.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 09:18:59 pm »

It doesn't fit well on a bumper sticker, but I'm kinda fond of "Osama Bin Laden is Dead and GM is Still Alive.  Deal With It!"

It’s the whole AA and Chesapeake on the ropes deal I’m concerned about. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 10:09:05 pm »

*sigh* the the real answer to the government budget problem is a flat percentage tax for everyone, enough industrial regulation to keep industry from screwing people over just to get ahead, making it illegal for politicians to take bribes (like the ones they call campaign contributions), and mandatory community service for everyone (as long as they are not in a vegetable state they can perform some kind of service, and there might even be some use for those in vegetable states).
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2012, 01:31:56 am »

Yes, economics professors don't believe in a market economy or capitalism.  Roll Eyes

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2012, 11:52:58 am »

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2012, 12:11:02 pm »

Salt monster from the original Star Trek series.

Maybe more like.......

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2012, 01:56:09 pm »

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2012, 03:44:46 pm »

Well, that didn't take long.  Apparently "Forward" is now being retired too.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/229745-obama-struggles-with-campaign-theme

Still up in the air but perhaps this is the new slogan:

Clear eyes, full hearts. . .can’t lose.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2012, 04:17:22 pm »

Welcome back!  Grin

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2012, 04:43:25 pm »

Then scroll the logos of all of the pay-for-play campaign donor companies that cost tax payers billions and then billions more in bankruptcy:
Solyndra
SunPower
First Solar
Ener1
Evergreen Solar
SpectraWatt
Beacon Power
Abound Solar
Amonix
Babcock & Brown
A123 Systems
Solar Trust for America
Nevada Geothermal

Every time you think of one of those companies - a billion here, a billion there...

Think Halliburton.  No bid.  $75 billion.

Think bank bailouts.  $1.2 trillion.

It's called perspective.  A refreshing breath of fresh air and sanity from the Murdochian catacombs and caves.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2012, 05:36:01 pm »

Every time you think of one of those companies - a billion here, a billion there...

Think Halliburton.  No bid.  $75 billion.

Think bank bailouts.  $1.2 trillion.

It's called perspective.  A refreshing breath of fresh air and sanity from the Murdochian catacombs and caves.

Perspective yes, but do you really see any change since the new admin has taken over. More of the same if you ask me. The fact that Lehman and Bear were allowed to fail is mind boggling when you consider who we have bailed out over the same time period. I have little hope for this ever changing.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2012, 05:37:57 pm »

Gaspar's list is rather inaccurate, by the way.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2012, 06:03:08 pm »

Gaspar's list is rather inaccurate, by the way.

No!

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org