A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:24:22 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: double standard for talking bad about the President  (Read 36544 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2018, 09:02:15 pm »

Bumpski....!!!

Dude, if you are struggling with a coke habit, help is available.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2018, 06:53:30 am »

Bumpski....!!!

Bob Iger of ABC called Valerie Jarrett to let her know that “ABC does not tolerate comments like those” made by Roseanne Barr. Gee, he never called President Donald J. Trump to apologize for the HORRIBLE statements made and said about me on ABC. Maybe I just didn’t get the call?
- Trump Tweet

I'll bite.
Calling out the president's racism is not in the same ballpark as saying racist things
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2018, 06:56:05 am »

Let's see. Disagree with policies of the Obama administration  and the left calls you a bigoted  racist hater suffering from white privilege.

Support Trump or any of his policies and the left calls you a bigoted racist hater suffering from white privilege.

TeeDub
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2018, 07:34:42 am »

And strangely, 90% of this forum is apparently "left."   

I just keep telling myself,  "Don't worry.  Some day they will grow up, pay taxes and learn what really happens out in the world."
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2018, 07:36:49 am »

I just keep telling myself,  "Don't worry.  Some day they will grow up, pay taxes and learn what really happens out in the world."

I'll assume you're referring to Trump and the like. 
Not paying taxes makes him "smart"
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2018, 08:11:28 am »

I'll assume you're referring to Trump and the like. 
Not paying taxes makes him "smart"

1. Technically (if you believe the leaked version) he paid 25% taxes.
2. By "not paying taxes" I assume you mean avoiding paying any more taxes than you have to like 99.9999999999% of the population does.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2018, 09:16:54 am »

You mean how those left leaning blue states pay taxes that subsidize red states in their refusal to do anything to improve? Those kind of taxes?

https://www.apnews.com/2f83c72de1bd440d92cdbc0d3b6bc08c

Let's see. Disagree with policies of the Obama administration  and the left calls you a bigoted  racist hater suffering from white privilege.

Support Trump or any of his policies and the left calls you a bigoted racist hater suffering from white privilege.

-Polls have shown that Republicans hated Obama's policies and yet when those same policies were promoted by Trump they support them. Whereas Democrats tend to support or disagree with policies no matter who is in charge (see Syria).
-Kinda like how Republican voters felt the economy was just awful during Obama but a month after Trump was in office (and had little to no effect on the economy yet) they felt they were in a much better place economically.
-Or how they refuse to believe the 2009 bailout Obama signed when first in office gave bigger, more meaningful tax cuts to ordinary Americans than the welfare for the rich tax bill that Trump passed.

So tired of watching the US have to fall behind because one half of the country is "feels over reals" and ignores facts. The only policies the GOP seem to have is help the rich, destroy the environment to help their buddies and piss off liberals. For 30 years the GOP, with the help of Fox News have gotten crazier and crazier. It didn't start with Trump. He just brought the hypocrisy out in the open. My hope is that if the country survives after Trump the moderates of the Republican party (I'm assuming some still exist) prevail.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2018, 09:34:15 am »

1. Technically (if you believe the leaked version) he paid 25% taxes.
2. By "not paying taxes" I assume you mean avoiding paying any more taxes than you have to like 99.9999999999% of the population does.

Hmm.....for someone who says he's not a Trump supporter....

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2018, 09:39:23 am »

Already asked and answered.  We know he is.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2018, 09:40:22 am »

You mean how those left leaning blue states pay taxes that subsidize red states in their refusal to do anything to improve? Those kind of taxes?

https://www.apnews.com/2f83c72de1bd440d92cdbc0d3b6bc08c

-Polls have shown that Republicans hated Obama's policies and yet when those same policies were promoted by Trump they support them. Whereas Democrats tend to support or disagree with policies no matter who is in charge (see Syria).
-Kinda like how Republican voters felt the economy was just awful during Obama but a month after Trump was in office (and had little to no effect on the economy yet) they felt they were in a much better place economically.
-Or how they refuse to believe the 2009 bailout Obama signed when first in office gave bigger, more meaningful tax cuts to ordinary Americans than the welfare for the rich tax bill that Trump passed.

So tired of watching the US have to fall behind because one half of the country is "feels over reals" and ignores facts. The only policies the GOP seem to have is help the rich, destroy the environment to help their buddies and piss off liberals. For 30 years the GOP, with the help of Fox News have gotten crazier and crazier. It didn't start with Trump. He just brought the hypocrisy out in the open. My hope is that if the country survives after Trump the moderates of the Republican party (I'm assuming some still exist) prevail.

Yep.  Those.

Truthiness in your comment that will be disparaged, bemoaned, and ignored by the RWRE.

The economy thing happened with Reagan, too.  Even though Carter had made HUGE improvements from the Nixon years, inflation was still high - due to Nixon's ignorance at putting in wage and price controls, but his buddies got a huge boost.   Inflation was instantly transformed in about 1 month into Reagan's term to being half of what it had been - by changing the way they calculated inflation!   Once again, goes to the whole lack of knowledge of history.  Every RWRE dream - remain ignorant and ignore facts!!   As so enthusiastically evidenced by the re-start of this thread!

« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 09:44:20 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2018, 10:02:55 am »

Liars are liars even when they are lying about liars.

But obviously you are ok with that.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2018, 10:05:49 am »

I will say those "left leaning blue states", were not always left leaning blue states. The policies of which are not really responsible for the huge tax base.

Natural resources, manufacturing base, etc are a far better indicator. But whatever. It's because they are Democrat run states I'm sure.

TeeDub
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2018, 11:31:33 am »

I can't help the fact that people are stupid.  Seriously.   

I can find you a poll where people can't even name one book.   (Alright, it was one of those man on the street videos, not a poll.)

And I can guarantee that I got more from the Trump tax cut (at least temporarily) than I did from the $1000 Obama gave me.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2018, 11:49:21 am »

I'm confused why conservatives are so upset.  Comparing black people to primates has been career suicide for TV stars since the 1970s.  It's basically universally considered racist, who doesn't know that?

What we are supposed to conclude is that calling the President a liar (for lying) or calling the President a racist (for showing support for Nazis and KKK) is the same as comparing a black person to an ape? Please tell me you really can spot the differences. It's important that you can. Seriously, like  important  for the sake of representative government that people can tell the difference.

I'm not saying Rosanne should have been fired or not. That's a business decision for ABC, and private enterprise apparently made the decision that it was in the company interest to part ways - maybe because they had other issues in negotiations, because other members of the cast were unhappy, or advertisers, or because they thought they'd lose a larger audience.  The "snowflakes" on the right can whine all they want, but at the end of the day private enterprise did what it thought was in the best interest of its business (or do you think ABC gave up a hit show just because it was "PC" and the Disney Company became a mega corp because its too dumb to make solid financial decisions?). 

As an aside, I don't think Rosanne is a racist.  In her outspoken, obnoxious or conspiracy laden rants she has had plenty of opportunities to make her racism known and I haven't heard that she did.  I believe her that she mad a bad joke. I generally support a wide berth for comedy.  It reveals truths, it broaches subjects, and it forces us to look at things even if it is "too soon."  But she wasn't "just" a comedian anymore, she was back to being a TV star... if your "joke" is seen as racist and misses the mark by a mile, your corporate overlords cover their butts.
- - -

I will say those "left leaning blue states", were not always left leaning blue states. The policies of which are not really responsible for the huge tax base.

Natural resources, manufacturing base, etc are a far better indicator. But whatever. It's because they are Democrat run states I'm sure.

I'd be happy to have an economic discussion on this.  There are many striking and seemingly contradictory correlations in the support for the parties. I'm doubtful your statement is supported by evidence- go forth and start a new thread and I'd be happy to see the data.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2018, 12:16:15 pm »

I can't help the fact that people are stupid.  Seriously.   

Stupid?  No.  But you CAN help that they are uneducated.  Seriously.  FUND EDUCATION.

It's also worth noting that the gap between educated and uneducated is widening.  Also, the less educated you ware, the less likely it is that you will identify with liberal policies.  Sadly, the less educated the population, the better off a conservative agenda is. That can't be good for any ideology.

http://www.people-press.org/2016/04/26/a-wider-ideological-gap-between-more-and-less-educated-adults/

I can find you a poll where people can't even name one book.   (Alright, it was one of those man on the street videos, not a poll.)

Sadly, this too correlates well to education.  If you did not attend college, you are in the highest demographic of people who do not read. Even more troubling, our President proudly proclaims his lack of reading. The decline in reading is widespread:

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/03/23/who-doesnt-read-books-in-america/

And I can guarantee that I got more from the Trump tax cut (at least temporarily) than I did from the $1000 Obama gave me.

That may be, but economists are still dubious about the sales pitch given for the GOP Tax Cuts and increased deficits.  The micro effect is irrelevant, its the macro that tax policy considers.  Giving most Americans $1k results in immediate spending and an economic bump (the merits of such a short term thing can be debated).  Turns out giving more money to the people who already have most of the money doesn't usually do much.

The Trump tax cuts aren’t trickling down yet. Key business spending indicators are actually going in the wrong direction. Instead of investing the money or paying workers more just for fun, the cash is sitting, buying back stock, or going to investors.

Here’s what businesses did with Trump tax-cut windfall. Hint: they didn’t spend it.  Tax revenues were down over $100 Billion, but less than 3% of that made its way back into the economy from increased dividends or business spending.  Most of the money is just being hoarded (adding to the piles of cash already on many balance sheets).

Investment Boom From Trump’s Tax Cut Has Yet to Appear. It turns out lowering the tax incentive to invest money doesn't encourage companies to invest more money.  And if investing money previously would have resulted in greater profits - then they would have invested more money.  "Gee, I know I could make another billion... but Uncle Sam would take 35% of it, so I don't even want to so I'll just sit on a pile of cash.  Wait?  He's only going to take 25%, well golly-gee, then I say we make more money!"

Have The Trump Tax Cuts Supercharged The Economy? The Data Don't Show It. The economy is essentially growing at the same rate it did under Obama (recent growth was actually revised down further, but why nit pick?), its just now we have much larger deficits.

It's early.  Things could change of course.  But the longer it takes for the "super charge" affect to take hold, the harder it is to correlate it to the piles of tax revenue given back to the largest companies and wealthiest people.

It's never really worked before, and before the call was always that we just needed MORE tax cuts.  Eventually, our taxes would be so low everyone would be rich and the government would be stocked full of cash.  It worked for Kansas, Oklahoma, and the USA - right? Another round or two of tax cuts for those that have money and we will finally have enough tax revenue to be fiscally conservative.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org