A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:06:24 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travis Meyer Drinking Game  (Read 19515 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 06:16:09 pm »

At one time that was the Jon Slater drinking game, and I cant remember how much "back door cold front" was worth.
Castor is at 23 now, but I think the universal rule of storm chasers is that they forget they are recording audio along with their storm video.

Slater is on Fox in OKC.  I expect to get to see him later on TV.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 07:00:04 pm »

Rockstar Gas.  Simply awesome.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 09:48:05 pm »

Storms on the way.  Found some good storm chasin' music....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_4xNTBL0EY&feature=related

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2012, 08:01:09 am »

Was Travis Myer actually drinking last night? Seemed like anything that could go wrong did and he seemed a little out of it during all his reports...strange...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2012, 08:03:07 am »

Was Travis Myer actually drinking last night? Seemed like anything that could go wrong did and he seemed a little out of it during all his reports...strange...

No, he didn’t get his big storm event but he’d already spent the money on overtime so he was winging it.  Pretty pathetic 15 minutes of 50 MPH winds and nickel sized hail.  Cut in over Robin Williams even.

We noticed the other locals didn’t pay it that much time.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2012, 09:46:34 pm »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tVEPvXBEOSE[/youtube]

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2012, 07:44:56 am »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tVEPvXBEOSE[/youtube]

Priceless.

I saw that on the CBS news the other morning.  "Godzilla will deflect it!"
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 07:46:55 am by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2013, 07:57:42 am »

It's spring, and time again for the Travis Meyer Drinking Game.

THE TRAVIS MEYER DRINKING GAME

Pregame

1. Everyone selects a storm chaser other than Von Caster. Every time Travis talks to your storm chaser, you take one drink. Take two drinks every time we see footage from your storm chaser. Take four drinks if your storm chaser says "tornado on the ground."

2. Everyone selects a county other than Pottawatomie County. (Pottawatomie County is much the same as Free Space in Bingo.) Every time Travis mentions your county, you take one drink. Take two drinks every time we see footage from your county. Take four drinks if a tornado touches down in your county.

One drink
1. Take one drink every time Travis says the following:
"Hook echo" | "Updraft" | "Metro" | "Doppler radar" | "Wall cloud" | "Rain Wrapped" | "Underground" | "Mobile home"

2. When Travis gives a list of counties, take one drink for every county in the list.

3. Take one drink every time Travis interrupts a program. Take one drink if Travis says "You're not missing any of [program name]." Take one drink when Travis says "We'll keep you advised."

Two drinks
1. Take two drinks every time Travis says the following:
"Baseball-sized hail" | "Keystone" | "Pottawatomie County" | "Pawnee High School"

2. Take two drinks every time Travis mentions the following towns:
Altus | Burns Flat | Pryor | Gotebo | Hydro | Lookeba | Okemah | Mulhall | Oktaha | Olustee | Shattuck | Slaughterville | Tryon | Vici | Waukomis | Wayne (or Payne) | Weleetka | Wetumkah

3. Take two drinks every time Travis talks to Von Caster.

Three drinks
1. Take three drinks if we see footage from Von Caster.

2. Take three drinks if we see footage from Pottawatomie County.

3. Take three drinks if Travis mentions the following:

"Immediate tornado precautions" | "National Weather Service" | "Mesocyclone" | "Portable Radio" | "Take shelter" | "Tornado warning in effect until …"

Four drinks
1. Take four drinks if Sky News 6 must land to refuel.

2. Take four drinks if Travis issues his own tornado warning, not recognized by the NWS or says the following:
"Will someone please answer that phone?" | "Do you see power flashes?"

3. Take four drinks if a shirt-less tornado victim is interviewed.

Finish your drink
1. Finish your drink if someone uses the word tornado as a verb or if Travis mentions the nearest cross streets to you.

2. If Travis says "We've lost Von," pour a little out for your homies and finish your drink.

Prepare yourselves.
ERMERGRD HRNKER DERN!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2013, 11:27:05 am »

It's going to be tough to stay sober at work today.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2013, 02:29:43 pm »

Spring time? We're in the dead of winter. Brrrr!

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2013, 09:33:15 pm »

Nope.  It's spring again. 

Reviewed the video link above, and it is still appropriate - ready to chase some storms!!

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2013, 08:23:27 pm »

Castor is at 23 now, but I think the universal rule of storm chasers is that they forget they are recording audio along with their storm video.

Heard him saying "I've got electrical flashes, electrical flashes, I've got electrical flashes" like a storm chaser version of Rain Man.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org