A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:46:15 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why no interest in airport industiral park  (Read 28170 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2012, 08:34:38 pm »

Be honest. Have you actually been in the new city hall? And do you really see pink gas coming out of the A/C vents?

It's his rose colored glasses.

Cheesy

dbacks fan
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2012, 08:55:04 pm »

Is the pink gas made by the same people tat make pink slime for beef?
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2012, 08:57:34 pm »

Must have gotten lost somewhere.  I am not making an application for a job.

Then you will have to forgive me if I don't believe you and call bull on your fist full of degrees.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2012, 09:43:43 pm »

Then you will have to forgive me if I don't believe you and call bull on your fist full of degrees.
If I told the whole story you would not believe it either.  If I showed you the hard copy you would say they are false.  If I showed you IQ testing you would say that is lie. So let it stand with your own version of not having to believe.  Just think that I am trying to pick your brain for information over this marvel of electronics. 

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2012, 07:52:55 am »

Was not aware that city no longer keeps records as preformed by the duties of a secretary.  But since the new installation in the glass cube I guess the pink gas that is injected in the air conditioner was a prelude to “whom in the hell needs records”   
This is not a medical rant but would seem one to some people if the pink gas injector in city hall was temporally incapacitated.

Crap!  He's on to me and my gas injector.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2012, 02:01:53 pm »

Be honest. Have you actually been in the new city hall? And do you really see pink gas coming out of the A/C vents?

Gad no because I don’t want to be addicted to smelling it and never want to leave our glass white elephant's home. 

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2012, 06:25:28 pm »

Designs in engineering of the flawed construction of the twin towers are evident as the point of inertia was not considered allowing the domino effect at a great cost of human lives. 

Wow.
What buildings are engineered to withstand having a 40-floor building dropped on top of them?
Cheyenne mountain?

He R smart indeed.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2012, 06:43:35 pm »

Wow.
What buildings are engineered to withstand having a 40-floor building dropped on top of them?
Cheyenne mountain?

He R smart indeed.

Especially since, as a pilot, I know the term is not point of inertia.  It's 'moment of inertia'...holy cow.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2012, 07:01:09 pm »

The man designed the building to withstand impact by a jet airplane of sixties profile. My understanding is that the size and speed of jets changed in the time period from the sixties to 2001. And of course, no one can plan for everything. We have the same building here, by the same designer, only half the height. It was groundbreaking design and copied with variation for decades. Materials are better now and may mitigate against the same catastrophe. My enlightenment comes from former lengthy arguments on this forum between engineers and tin foil hats.

Shadows isn't a dumb guy by my estimation. Some of the things he refers to in a fragmented way do correlate with the politics, criminal activities and skullduggery that my father relayed to me about Tulsa operators in the 50's to 70's. I am sure he is a guy who had some interface with power and politics here locally but he is a guy who doesn't communicate well with a savvy digital generation.

Sorry to talk about you while you're still in the room Shadow. We seldom agree on anything but I don't doubt your sincerity and insider knowledge. I think you make too much of them though.

onward...through the fog
dbacks fan
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2012, 07:30:11 pm »

WTC was designed around the impact of a 707 or a DC-9. The 747 was still in the trials phase IIRC.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2012, 08:28:19 pm »

Especially since, as a pilot, I know the term is not point of inertia.  It's 'moment of inertia'...holy cow.

I don't believe he was using the word "point" as a location in space.  I think he intended something more like the concept of inertia, as in the effects of inertia were not considered.  

Whether or not they were, I don't know.

From my college Physics book (Modern University Physics, Part 1 Mechanics and Thermodynamics.  by Richards, Sears, Wehr, Zemansky, 1960)  It was a few years old when I took the course.

p186
"That is, for rotation about a fixed axis, moment of inertia I is analogous to mass m (or inertia), and angular velocity (lower case letter omega) is analogous to linear velocity v."

(I don't know how to get a lower case Omega on this keyboard.)

Then they have an example.

p187
"This illustrates the important fact that the moment of inertia of a body, unlike its mass, is not a unique property of the body but depends on the axis about which it is computed."

Clear to everyone?

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2012, 08:36:15 pm »

Shadows isn't a dumb guy by my estimation. ... but he is a guy who doesn't communicate well...

Agreed.

I seldom agree with Shadows either but I think his lack of formal education, especially in English, causes him difficulties here.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2012, 08:52:36 pm »

It was possible in the post WWII era to succeed with a high IQ, a good aptitude for learning and little formal education. Not sure thats as possible today though I seem to remember that Gates dropped out of college and a few other notables have succeeded through inspiration and perspiration. Some of the smartest guys I ever met have never been near a college campus.

onward...through the fog
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2012, 08:58:31 pm »

It was possible in the post WWII era to succeed with a high IQ, a good aptitude for learning and little formal education. Not sure thats as possible today though I seem to remember that Gates dropped out of college and a few other notables have succeeded through inspiration and perspiration. Some of the smartest guys I ever met have never been near a college campus.

Smart and educated frequently accompany each other but they are not synonyms.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2012, 09:08:11 pm »

Smart and educated frequently accompany each other but they are not synonyms.

Sometimes mutually exclusive....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org