A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:14:16 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why no interest in airport industiral park  (Read 28226 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2012, 07:05:33 am »

That might be economically correct at your level but in the big scheme of things it only raises the cost for the rest of us.

I consider that to be like not using the manual extension on the landing gear of my airplane when the regular electric motor doesn't work.  What the heck, the insurance will pay for it.   Actually, they would investigate and probably deny my claim if they decided I didn't do everything possible.

Your statement also reminds of an old joke about 3 business men on the beach in Miami.  The first one said his business had been ruined by a huge fire but the insurance covered it.  The second one related a similar experience.  The third guy said his business was ruined by a flood.  The first guy asked,  "How do you start a flood?"

No, no, no...maybe that came off as desire for an "insurance event", but that is the last thing I want.  I got caught in that flood on Mingo in '80s and lost too much stuff - don't want a repeat.  Plus, most of my tools are old - in another venue, they would be 'antiques', that I enjoy using and definitely do not want to lose - old hand woodworking tools.

I would insure, but if lost stuff, then would have to start the search all over again to collect the tool set...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2012, 07:37:41 am »

No, no, no...maybe that came off as desire for an "insurance event", but that is the last thing I want.  I got caught in that flood on Mingo in '80s and lost too much stuff - don't want a repeat.  Plus, most of my tools are old - in another venue, they would be 'antiques', that I enjoy using and definitely do not want to lose - old hand woodworking tools.

I would insure, but if lost stuff, then would have to start the search all over again to collect the tool set...

If anyone remembers the old weather commercials Channel 2 used to do about severe weather, they always showed a shot of a boat passing a maroon truck with what looked like a hard hat inside.  That was my dad's truck after getting stuck trying to get of our neighborhood during the Memorial Day flood.  Funny thing is, he took that truck apart and dried it out...engine and all.  I remember him having the engine out on a cherry picker when we got more rain the next day and the eerie two-tone sirens went off again.  Didn't flood, but I remember those sirens and what I was doing when they went off to this day.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
shadows
City Father

« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2012, 01:46:09 pm »

So do tell, what education do you have that qualifies you to know more about engineering than those who not only completed elementary but went on to get a college education? 
Since man emerged from being a child of nature and assembled into societies the fundamentals of which he assembled changes in his life styles was based upon mathematics of which the basics of all engineering. We are in a society where no longer are the textbooks restricted to the Monks nor is forbidden to own or read the textbooks.  Engineer feats of the Seven Wonders of the World stand as unexplainable monuments of yesterday and one can wonder who wrote the textbooks which the engineers used in their construction.   

Designs in engineering of the flawed construction of the twin towers are evident as the point of inertia was not considered allowing the domino effect at a great cost of human lives.  Even though the engineers could have plastered the walls with diplomas did they read their text books?   Kansas City Bridge and Iron I believe did most of the actual experimenting the text books of engineering are based on.

I hold diplomas, in cnc programming, refrigeration, FCC experimental electronics, war time production engineer, fifty years in construction, built houses, commercial buildings, lake cabins, designed machines and wrote computer programs among others.   Third grade taught more in the past years.     

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2012, 02:17:59 pm »

And where are these is these $1 industrial facilities?  I would love to have one to move my manufacturing to, and would go ahead and buy flood insurance and just not worry about it.
Take a FoI request form to view the school bus contract and present it to the City Secretary.  Follow the instructions.   

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2012, 04:02:15 pm »

Since man emerged from being a child of nature and assembled into societies the fundamentals of which he assembled changes in his life styles was based upon mathematics of which the basics of all engineering. We are in a society where no longer are the textbooks restricted to the Monks nor is forbidden to own or read the textbooks.  Engineer feats of the Seven Wonders of the World stand as unexplainable monuments of yesterday and one can wonder who wrote the textbooks which the engineers used in their construction.   

Designs in engineering of the flawed construction of the twin towers are evident as the point of inertia was not considered allowing the domino effect at a great cost of human lives.  Even though the engineers could have plastered the walls with diplomas did they read their text books?   Kansas City Bridge and Iron I believe did most of the actual experimenting the text books of engineering are based on.

I hold diplomas, in cnc programming, refrigeration, FCC experimental electronics, war time production engineer, fifty years in construction, built houses, commercial buildings, lake cabins, designed machines and wrote computer programs among others.   Third grade taught more in the past years.     

and what schools are these degrees from?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2012, 04:26:19 pm »

I think that rant would be awesome with Leonard Nimoy's voice!

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2012, 05:18:01 pm »

Take a FoI request form to view the school bus contract and present it to the City Secretary.  Follow the instructions.   

Ok, where did this come from? What does the school bus contract have to do with anything?

onward...through the fog
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2012, 05:31:28 pm »

Oh sure. Unfortunately, there is no "City Secretary".

Is this rant some sort of medication issue?

Power is nothing till you use it.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2012, 06:24:11 pm »

Oh sure. Unfortunately, there is no "City Secretary".
Is this rant some sort of medication issue?
Was not aware that city no longer keeps records as preformed by the duties of a secretary.  But since the new installation in the glass cube I guess the pink gas that is injected in the air conditioner was a prelude to “whom in the hell needs records”   
This is not a medical rant but would seem one to some people if the pink gas injector in city hall was temporally incapacitated.

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2012, 06:26:16 pm »

Was not aware that city no longer keeps records as preformed by the duties of a secretary.  But since the new installation in the glass cube I guess the pink gas that is injected in the air conditioner was a prelude to “whom in the hell needs records”   
This is not a medical rant but would seem one to some people if the pink gas injector in city hall was temporally incapacitated.

I see a lack of reply to my question.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2012, 06:32:59 pm »

Must have gotten lost somewhere.  I am not making an application for a job.

shadows
City Father

« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2012, 06:47:43 pm »

Ok, where did this come from? What does the school bus contract have to do with anything?

Check post on April 2nd on the Owasso industry in AP industrial park.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2012, 06:52:00 pm »

I'll have to give you a yes with qualifications.  When I was in the Navy at NAS Memphis (Millington, TN) the south side of the base flooded deep enough to swim in except we weren't allowed because of the local venomous snake population.  The barracks were at the edge of the flooding at the northern end of the base south of the main road.  A lot of us moved our cars to the north side of the base where they were safe.  At NAS Oceana (VA Beach, VA) the base wasn't totally flooded but it was deep enough in spots for the cooling fan to throw water into the air cleaner of my car and make the engine quit.  No hydraulic lock fortunately and the next day it started up.

As far as being in the Tulsa area, my dad was told to look out for flood areas when we moved here.  He got the USGS map (I still have that copy from 1971) and made sure that we were not in an area that would flood.   I guess Nathan would call that an unfair advantage.  At our house back east, we were near the lowest part of town but were far enough up the hill that we never got flooded.  I remember some street flooding and the depressed unloading area of the Post Office would occasionally flood but I don't remember any houses getting flooded.

We weren't afforded the opportunity really to look that hard in a market evidently that was not that easy at the time (1973) as we were 'eminent domained' out of our residence on 1400 S Elgin for the East Leg of the IDL.  But dad did find a house for $14500 (the one I'm living in now) but was also told it was required to carry flood insurance on it.  Since he mortgaged the house all that was handled by Midland Mortgage company and put in escrow.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2012, 07:33:51 pm »

We weren't afforded the opportunity really to look that hard in a market evidently that was not that easy at the time (1973) as we were 'eminent domained' out of our residence on 1400 S Elgin for the East Leg of the IDL.  But dad did find a house for $14500 (the one I'm living in now) but was also told it was required to carry flood insurance on it.  Since he mortgaged the house all that was handled by Midland Mortgage company and put in escrow.

We found out in June of 71 that we were moving to Oklahoma.  Dad probably knew or suspected earlier but he didn't tell us kids.  He did pursue a few opportunities to stay in PA but they fell through.  Mom and dad had a week here to find a house.  We moved in here in early August 71.  My sister was not happy that 9th grade started in mid August rather than just after Labor Day as it had in PA.  Most of the schools in that area were in session from just after Labor Day to mid June.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2012, 08:06:48 pm »

But since the new installation in the glass cube I guess the pink gas that is injected in the air conditioner was a prelude to “whom in the hell needs records”   

Be honest. Have you actually been in the new city hall? And do you really see pink gas coming out of the A/C vents?

Power is nothing till you use it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org