A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:55:36 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why no interest in airport industiral park  (Read 28269 times)
shadows
City Father

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2012, 06:15:17 pm »

The gullible people of the city of Tulsa.   Name the cities that were in competition to get an award.  Wichita flood control was digging a channel around the town for the above banks flooding. The staff writer that wrote is possible the same one who wrote the article that the creek under the RR bridge had been cleaned as quoted by the a owner of wolf point (seems he sold insurance) where the water rose to eight feet above banks breaching the dikes. ON inspection the grass had not even been cut.

Seems he or I lost the ‘74 flood, in building 17 inches; memorial flood of ’84, in building, 30inches, memorial flood of ‘86, 42’inches.  I believe the picture is of the ‘86 flood that Wolf took from the chopper at 8:AM.

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2012, 06:39:57 pm »

The gullible people of the city of Tulsa.   Name the cities that were in competition to get an award.  Wichita flood control was digging a channel around the town for the above banks flooding. The staff writer that wrote is possible the same one who wrote the article that the creek under the RR bridge had been cleaned as quoted by the a owner of wolf point (seems he sold insurance) where the water rose to eight feet above banks breaching the dikes. ON inspection the grass had not even been cut.

Seems he or I lost the ‘74 flood, in building 17 inches; memorial flood of ’84, in building, 30inches, memorial flood of ‘86, 42’inches.  I believe the picture is of the ‘86 flood that Wolf took from the chopper at 8:AM.

Sounds to me like RM is right...you still harbor a lot of hate and bitterness.  Just a hateful and bitter man.   Undecided

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2012, 07:11:11 am »

Do the citizens of Tulsa think we need another industrial park in the flood plain of Mingo/Bird Creek?

The airport authority is scratching their heads and looking for the reason that no person, using nom-tax money, is interested in putting their money on the line to compete with TAIT, who across Mingo to the west, enters into long term contracts for city owned industrials buildings at a $1.00 a year.
Then also the City of Tulsa,
Tulsa Industrial Authority,
Tulsa Developing Authority,
Tulsa Economic Development Corp,
Tulsa Metro Chamber,
Oklahoma Department of Commerce, are scheduled to have their finger in the development
Do you think we should call the broker and see if there is a public offering available for this development? 

Are you scheduled to have your finger in anything? Is that what this is really all about? Finger placement?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2012, 07:18:33 am »

Are you scheduled to have your finger in anything? Is that what this is really all about? Finger placement?

Well played.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

shadows
City Father

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2012, 11:27:45 am »

Don’t stick my finger into anything that is without source needing to be looked into for the working poor and aged citizens who pay the tab.  We are getting to where we are dealing in personalities in discrediting the messenger and over look the message. 
When one has walked in the flood water in their building that increases as the as the basin is developed, disregarding the warning to restrict development, and the very city is promoting such developing then some citizens should “stand their ground” and look for the reason.

shadows
City Father

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2012, 12:22:06 pm »

Sounds to me like RM is right...you still harbor a lot of hate and bitterness.  Just a hateful and bitter man.   Undecided

That is possible right but RM has been whiffing too much of the pink gas they spray on you when entering the city hall.  I am surprised he didn’t detail his mother’s former city boss’s awards and votes on trash disposal.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012, 12:47:37 pm »

That is possible right but RM has been whiffing too much of the pink gas they spray on you when entering the city hall.  I am surprised he didn’t detail his mother’s former city boss’s awards and votes on trash disposal.

And what have you done to help..oh, aside from complain that is.  At least he and her have done something...

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2012, 12:59:39 pm »

you still harbor a lot of hate and bitterness.  Just a hateful and bitter man.   Undecided

Hey now, what about me?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2012, 01:03:52 pm »

Hey now, what about me?

I never called you hateful, you're just a dooshnozzle sometimes.

Grin

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2012, 01:22:00 pm »

I never called you hateful, you're just a dooshnozzle sometimes.

Grin

Awwww. I wanted to be hateful. I'll settle for dooshnozzle for now, but I'll work on it.  Grin

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2012, 04:15:20 pm »

And what have you done to help..oh, aside from complain that is.  At least he and her have done something...

Hey; the Grand jury report is quite lengthy and Administration probably  would frown if I tried to publish it on this form.  But it is very interesting of their recommendations that were  deleted by the powers to be. 
Check out a copy at the library.
Tried to cut off funding for SWM which wound up in Court of Tax appeal in OC, nixed by the powers to be.  Told the court it was beyond the scope of the 3 district judge court that was convened as no tax had been collected  Court refused to remand it back to state auditor and let it stand. Etc.………………………………...................................   
As  a native Tulsan has not sat around picking their nose but have tried to exercise “We the People”.   

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2012, 04:59:09 pm »

Hey; the Grand jury report is quite lengthy and Administration probably  would frown if I tried to publish it on this form.  But it is very interesting of their recommendations that were  deleted by the powers to be. 
Check out a copy at the library.
Tried to cut off funding for SWM which wound up in Court of Tax appeal in OC, nixed by the powers to be.  Told the court it was beyond the scope of the 3 district judge court that was convened as no tax had been collected  Court refused to remand it back to state auditor and let it stand. Etc.………………………………...................................   
As  a native Tulsan has not sat around picking their nose but have tried to exercise “We the People”.   

Then link it...

shadows
City Father

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2012, 05:29:46 pm »

Then link it...

Having looked on both sides of the door I have learn my lesson. It was  pointed out to me.  We are kicking the sleeping dog in the donkey.

The point of this post was if the working poor wants their hard earned tax money on food spent trying to promote a pie in the sky by creating another desk jockey  bureaucracy?   

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2012, 06:10:59 pm »

Having looked on both sides of the door I have learn my lesson. It was  pointed out to me.  We are kicking the sleeping dog in the donkey.

The point of this post was if the working poor wants their hard earned tax money on food spent trying to promote a pie in the sky by creating another desk jockey  bureaucracy?   

How in the hell is Stormwater Management pie in the sky?   I'm sure glad it was done.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2012, 07:13:16 pm »

How in the hell is Stormwater Management pie in the sky?   I'm sure glad it was done.

Managing the major gully washer is money well spent.  Allowing development in areas within a 100 year flood plain has proven that statistics don't guarantee a result.  Does anyone have any numbers if Flood Insurance is self supporting by its premiums, at least at a national level?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org