A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:57:05 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon."  (Read 292368 times)
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« on: March 26, 2012, 10:59:06 am »

Classic remark!

Bravo to Lindsey Graham for doing the right thing!

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/03/25/451313/lindsey-graham-trayvon-martin/

Graham echoed a White House adviser David Plouffe’s criticism of the GOP candidates. Plouffe called Gingrich’s remarks “reprehensible.” “You can make a decision whether to go out with some shred of dignity or say these irresponsible, reckless things, and he’s clearly chosen the latter path,” he told George Stephonopoulos on ABC’s This Week.

You can take race completely out of the story and the story doesn't change. And Guido, don't go off on the bounty posted by the New Black Panthers because they're wrong too.

Wear your hoodies....."They've been using code words against Obama for nearly four years (no birth certificate, Muslim, etc.), but now we're just seeing hardcore racism without the filter - and misogyny without the euphemisms."
Quinton
Activist

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 12:25:01 pm »

now all hell is breaking loose.

Liberalism is a mental disorder
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 12:37:38 pm »

That does not bode well for my getting anything done today.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 02:29:46 pm »

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/26/justice/florida-teen-shooting-poll/

One month after the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, nearly three out of four Americans say the police should arrest the neighborhood watch volunteer who pulled the trigger, according to a new national survey.

"Guns don't kill people, hoodies do..." Geraldo Rivera

« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 03:38:25 pm by Teatownclown » Logged
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 03:41:08 pm »

btw, the author of Florida's Stand Your Ground Law said he never contemplated the use of deadly force as an argument for this sort of savagery.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 04:57:20 pm »

Tweets from Obama's "son"? (language)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/86809463/Trayvon-s-Tweets-the-Daily-Caller

Why can't we wait and see what happened here before everyone, including you Newt, go off?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 05:53:06 pm »

Tweets from Obama's "son"? (language)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/86809463/Trayvon-s-Tweets-the-Daily-Caller

Why can't we wait and see what happened here before everyone, including you Newt, go off?

What do you see in these tweets, Guido?
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 05:57:56 pm »

It's been a month and the 911 calls are (mostly, apparently) public, as are several witness accounts. Even if you would like to wait for the wheels of justice to turn, surely you agree that the shoddiness of the initial investigation is worthy of some outrage.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 05:59:33 pm »

What do you see in these tweets, Guido?

Really. How uniquely interesting. A teenager who is horny, talks vulgarity to his friends and listens to rap music. That is unless you are just trying to sully up ones image to people who haven't spent much time around teenagers.

onward...through the fog
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 06:48:27 pm »

Really. How uniquely interesting. A teenager who is horny, talks vulgarity to his friends and listens to rap music. That is unless you are just trying to sully up ones image to people who haven't spent much time around teenagers.

Just admiring Barack's son a bit--after all that's what started this thread so take the snot with the tissue. Please, let's not sully this little angel's halo that the media (okay race whores Jackson, Sharpton, etc.) have placed on this horny teenager. Again, let's get the facts out there before we start accusing people of acting "stupidly" like the police or the shooter. Heck, we just found out recently this inadvertently-sullied teen was suspended for weed possession.  I remember when I was in high school that sorta thing happened all the time.  Roll Eyes  If this things gets even close to the stupidity of the Duke Lacrosse or Brawley fiascoes, I will be all up in those that convicted the shooter.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 06:56:11 pm »

Please, let's not sully this little angel's halo that the media (okay race whores Jackson, Sharpton, etc.) have placed on this horny teenager. Again, let's get the facts out there before we start accusing people of acting "stupidly" like the police or the shooter. Heck, we just found out recently this inadvertently-sullied teen was suspended for weed possession.  I remember when I was in high school that sorta thing happened all the time.  Roll Eyes  If this things gets even close to the stupidity of the Duke Lacrosse or Brawley fiascoes, I will be all up in those that convicted the shooter.

What does any of this have to do with a 17 year old kid being followed and then shot and killed by a 28 year old guy with a hundred pounds on his victim? Oh, right, not a goddamned thing.

Also, please explain what world you inhabit where suggesting that witnesses change their story isn't bad police work.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 07:33:52 pm »

What does any of this have to do with a 17 year old kid being followed and then shot and killed by a 28 year old guy with a hundred pounds on his victim? Oh, right, not a goddamned thing.

Also, please explain what world you inhabit where suggesting that witnesses change their story isn't bad police work.

Easy there Nancy Grace, there’s another side to this story starting to emerge.  I was most definitely aghast that Zimmerman was not already in custody until starting to learn new details in the case.

Shooter's account

Zimmerman's account emerged for the first time Monday in a report by The Orlando Sentinel. Quoting unidentified "law enforcement authorities," the Sentinel reported that Zimmerman told police that Trayvon Martin knocked him down with a single punch and slammed his head into the sidewalk several times before the shooting — an account that police said witnesses have corroborated.

Zimmerman said he was walking back to his SUV when Martin approached him from behind, according to the Sentinel's report, which Sanford police confirmed Monday afternoon.

The two exchanged words before Martin decked him with a punch to the nose and began beating him, Zimmerman told police. He said he then shot Martin in self-defense.

Witnesses said they heard someone cry out in distress, some of them telling NBC News and other news organizations that it was Martin. But police sources told the Sentinel their evidence indicated it was Zimmerman.

One witness told police he saw Martin pounding Zimmerman on the ground. This witness was certain it was Zimmerman who was crying for help, the Sentinel reported.

When police arrived less than two minutes later, Zimmerman was bleeding from the nose and had a swollen lip and bloody lacerations to the back of his head, the newspaper reported. Police said Zimmerman wasn't badly injured and didn't seek treatment until the next day.

ABC News reported separately that Zimmerman told police that Martin also tried to take his gun.

In a statement, Sanford police said the Sentinel's report was "consistent with the information provided to the State Attorney's office by the police department." It didn't address the ABC report.

Zimmerman's attorney, Craig Sonner, has said he could invoke Florida's "stand-your-ground" law, which provides significant leeway for people to use deadly force if they feel their lives are in danger.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/26/10868250-thousands-march-in-protest-to-florida-hearing-on-trayvon-martin-slaying

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 07:48:59 pm »

Easy there Nancy Grace, there’s another side to this story starting to emerge.  I was most definitely aghast that Zimmerman was not already in custody until starting to learn new details in the case.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/26/10868250-thousands-march-in-protest-to-florida-hearing-on-trayvon-martin-slaying

I'm trying to figure out who Nat is pissed at: the shooter or the police. Sheesh, for all the damned "justice for all" stuff we hear about in this place (the poor get screwed by the rich, the rich have their own justice system, or even those poor bastard OWS getting randomly beaten), you would think--just think--that those civil libertarians around here would want to see ALL the facts. Maybe its just formerly closeted anti-Hispanic outrage seeping through. See, I can jump to a conclusion too. Huh

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 09:37:01 pm »

Easy there Nancy Grace, there’s another side to this story starting to emerge.  I was most definitely aghast that Zimmerman was not already in custody until starting to learn new details in the case.

Conan, the "according to the Sentinel's report" has no reliable basis. It means nothing.

This is a clear cut case of bad police work. We've seen similar corruption here.

Worse, it's a clear case of vilifying the victim. Shameful...

I think Zimmerman is a nut case with a history of violence and ignoring police. I wouldn't believe a word the police say or what they leak like Martin's suspension from school. I want to see all the evidence which will point towards a teenager being bullied by a bigot and murdered.

Guido, the context you use to make the President's sentiments look anything but compassionate come across as racist.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2012, 10:01:00 pm »

I'm trying to figure out who Nat is pissed at: the shooter or the police. Sheesh, for all the damned "justice for all" stuff we hear about in this place (the poor get screwed by the rich, the rich have their own justice system, or even those poor bastard OWS getting randomly beaten), you would think--just think--that those civil libertarians around here would want to see ALL the facts. Maybe its just formerly closeted anti-Hispanic outrage seeping through. See, I can jump to a conclusion too. Huh

The shingleberry always jumps on the bandwagon.....

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org