A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:19:13 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa Zoo story and it's not negative  (Read 6046 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« on: August 20, 2009, 08:48:32 am »

Well, it's about a 600 lbs turtle but they do say Tulsa has an award winning mating program.

Tulsa Zoo:  We give good turtle

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/32490002#32490002
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 09:16:57 am »

---Robert
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 12:00:36 pm »

Well, it's about a 600 lbs turtle but they do say Tulsa has an award winning mating program.

If elected Mayor I promise to make sure these animals are married in the eyes of the Lord before they begin mating.

Power is nothing till you use it.
PepePeru
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 01:49:52 pm »

If elected Mayor I promise to make sure these animals are married in the eyes of the Lord before they begin mating.

I think there needs to be a monument and an explanation in front of the tortoise exhibit that pre-martial mating rituals and the swinging lifestyle of a bull tortoise might be okay in the animal kingdom, but for us humans, its strictly forbidden and an abomination before the Lord.

Just think if one our children saw this grotesque display and there wasn't anyone there to put it in the proper context?

It's unconscionable that the zoo would put that filth on display.

I am outraged.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 02:02:53 pm »

I think there needs to be a monument and an explanation in front of the tortoise exhibit that pre-martial mating rituals and the swinging lifestyle of a bull tortoise might be okay in the animal kingdom, but for us humans, its strictly forbidden and an abomination before the Lord.

Just think if one our children saw this grotesque display and there wasn't anyone there to put it in the proper context?

It's unconscionable that the zoo would put that filth on display.

I am outraged.

Or saw this exhibit in the afternoon then went to a WNBA game that night...oh, the horror!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 01:32:59 pm »

Went to the zoo yesterday.

At 10:30am the animals were the interesting thing about the zoo.  By 1:00pm, the humans were much more interesting than the animals.

The Otters were "biting" each other.  Spring has sprung.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 02:36:20 pm »

The news stated that they had a very good turn out this past weekend. From what I have read and seen on the news. They have made quite a few changes and updates out there.

I need to go do a old man walk through and show myself it's Ok to go without little kids.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 02:41:42 pm »

The news stated that they had a very good turn out this past weekend. From what I have read and seen on the news. They have made quite a few changes and updates out there.

I need to go do a old man walk through and show myself it's Ok to go without little kids.

They've done quite a bit but there's a whole lot more to do.  Considering they were (holds index finger and thumb a centimeter apart) this close to closing the zoo, it's looking good.

It was packed when we left.

(1 kid and 6 adults)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 08:32:46 pm »

It was packed when we left.

Get the hint?

My wife and kids and friends of theirs were there Sunday.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 05:57:56 am »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX1QgD-Jy18[/youtube]

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 07:28:40 am »

I heard on the news that we lost a chimp (Alvin) this weekend in an altercation with another male over a female.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 07:47:51 am »

I heard on the news that we lost a chimp (Alvin) this weekend in an altercation with another male over a female.

That is probably the way I will die as well.

Power is nothing till you use it.
OSU
Activist

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2012, 07:55:05 am »

That is probably the way I will die as well.

Trying to mate with a Chimp....?

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 09:08:03 am »

Heart ailment is what is claimed.  Must not have checked with his doctor first to make sure he was healthy enough to have sex.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TheMindWillNotLetGo
Activist

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 10:02:12 am »

Entertainment Director approves this thread.  Cool
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 11:05:59 am by TheMindWillNotLetGo » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org