A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:27:24 am
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chesapeake Struggling?  (Read 29319 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2012, 10:33:13 am »

There is a difference in not liking someone or something and spewing hate.  Especially when that hate is based on unfounded or ludicrous perception.

I spent enough time in OKC when I was married to qualify my 'ludicrous perception'.  Trust me, I don't 'spew hate'.  I absolutely hate OKC with about every fiber of my being.  I have my reasons for it and for you to try and analyze it...wow.  Walk a mile in my shoes.

If people don't like to hear me say it, then don't read it or don't listen.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
rdj
City Father

« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2012, 10:36:02 am »

I spent enough time in OKC when I was married to qualify my 'ludicrous perception'.  Trust me, I don't 'spew hate'.  I absolutely hate OKC with about every fiber of my being.  I have my reasons for it and for you to try and analyze it...wow.  Walk a mile in my shoes.

If people don't like to hear me say it, then don't read it or don't listen.

I wasn't referring to your comments specifically.  More our resident plague thrower.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2012, 10:39:20 am »

And then there are some of us who don't.  We all have opinions and should be entitled to them without being denigrated by peers.  I sure don't denigrate you for liking OKC.  I just point out that I don't.

You don't have to like them. You don't have to visit them. We are family though and we wouldn't want to leave a perception that we are the snooty, cosmo little brother. Its just a matter of decorum. Praise publicly, criticise privately.

onward...through the fog
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2012, 10:42:40 am »

I've got friends in OKC I enjoy visiting.  I tend to have a good time there.

I wish Tulsa could get bonds and public funds as easily as OKC seems to.  That's from where my jealousy stems.

Oh, and free highways in and out of the city would be cool.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2012, 11:01:54 am »

I've got friends in OKC I enjoy visiting.  I tend to have a good time there.

I wish Tulsa could get bonds and public funds as easily as OKC seems to.  That's from where my jealousy stems.

Oh, and free highways in and out of the city would be cool.

Their highways are free because they are major interstates.

Jealousy is a bad thing that fades with age...

Hate's a mean people thingy....
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2012, 11:05:56 am »

What, and I-44 isn't?  It only runs from St. Louis to Wichita Falls.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2012, 11:06:32 am »

Should have been two states.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2012, 11:08:29 am »

You don't have to like them. You don't have to visit them. We are family though and we wouldn't want to leave a perception that we are the snooty, cosmo little brother. Its just a matter of decorum. Praise publicly, criticise privately.

I have members in my family I do both with.  And will continue to do as such.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2012, 11:10:29 am »

Should have been two states.

I said that long ago.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2012, 11:10:44 am »

You're not a very good example of someone to preach.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2012, 11:15:54 am »

I said that long ago.

That looks close to what I remember from elementary school.  Further search - Okay...that's because it is...

The line should just drop straight south through Seminole and not include the western stuff, though.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2012, 11:19:21 am »

You're not a very good example of someone to preach.

What? Prove my posts are hateful....big difference between political fodder and hate, ST.

And Hoss, two major roads through the state crapitol....we only have one. I know you know this.

Future cities that are small and efficient will be more livable than the megalopolises.

But we'll be dead and gone... maybe your Heirs can secede.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2012, 11:21:01 am »

Future cities that are small and efficient will be more livable than the megalopolises.

Like in "Mad Max"....or "A Boy and His Dog"....

rdj
City Father

« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2012, 12:50:34 pm »

You want Chickasha & Duncan & Waurika?

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2012, 12:53:58 pm »

You want Chickasha & Duncan & Waurika?

Sure as hell beats Weatherford, Elk City and Woodward...

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org