A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:31:22 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Green Chili in Tulsa  (Read 13596 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2013, 09:53:04 am »

BTW, put cream cheese in the cauliflower and it's terrific.  That's a tip we learned from Gaspar.

Gotta do something 'cause otherwise it's nasty.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2013, 12:59:17 pm »

Gotta do something 'cause otherwise it's nasty.

I went hard-line Paleo a few months back, for 3-4 months.  After the initial "carb-withdrawl-bitchiness" subsided (three weeks or so), I really liked it. Eating without all the chemicals and related feels great.  I also had to add back in some carbs before longer rides (I ride out of 360 in Owasso, but not much this year) and runs, because I was bonking way too early.

As for the cauliflower, was really dubious on that one, but thought it tasted great all by itself in place of mashed potatoes.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2013, 02:52:31 pm »

I went hard-line Paleo a few months back, for 3-4 months.  After the initial "carb-withdrawl-bitchiness" subsided (three weeks or so), I really liked it. Eating without all the chemicals and related feels great.  I also had to add back in some carbs before longer rides (I ride out of 360 in Owasso, but not much this year) and runs, because I was bonking way too early.

As for the cauliflower, was really dubious on that one, but thought it tasted great all by itself in place of mashed potatoes.

Some friends on our race team are hard-line paleo.  I definitely feel better not eating a bunch of crap from cans, boxes, or that require more preservation than a refrigerator or freezer. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2013, 03:46:22 pm »

It gets worse, Guido.  It was served on a bed of creamed cauliflower as a sub for mashed potatoes.  Where do I have to hand in my card?

To this guy, since you are SO into cycling.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2013, 03:56:14 pm »

Man, that is almost as bad as a Dukakis tank pic.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2013, 05:51:39 pm »

To this guy, since you are SO into cycling.

Dude, that IS me.  Where TF did you find that?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2013, 01:17:02 am »

Dude, that IS me.  Where TF did you find that?

This guy's webpage:

sponsored by "MissionAccomplished.com"

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org