A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2018, 03:25:14 am
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Urban 8  (Read 23131 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #165 on: April 20, 2018, 09:07:15 am »

She obviously has great tastes in modern urban living. Unfortunately for her the market wasn't there to support such high end design, especially not in 2015 and looks like still not today. It's like she built the perfect place for her and her budget without considering if there are 7 other Yvonnes in Tulsa.

I'm glad they take advantage of the space with 3 floors and rooftop, but they must have way overspent and then wasted 4 years of potential revenue if they would've just finished and then rented a couple out (maybe split some up into multi units). It's hard to imagine what a money pit this must be.

I figured by now there would've been more transplants from the Northeast or West Coast (Thinking NYC, Boston, Seattle, SFO, or LA) used to the urban lifestyle for which this price point would have represented a real bargain in a mind used to larger market urban real estate prices.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
Philanthropist

« Reply #166 on: April 20, 2018, 09:48:40 am »

I figured by now there would've been more transplants from the Northeast or West Coast (Thinking NYC, Boston, Seattle, SFO, or LA) used to the urban lifestyle for which this price point would have represented a real bargain in a mind used to larger market urban real estate prices.

Someone posted on this thread a while back about how for less, you can get really nice large condos in a lot of higher demand areas of larger cities. Sure, getting a stand-alone is going to be pricey in bigger cities, but comparable square-footage and interiors for much lower prices. Those cities actually have competition for urban housing. But apparently being the only one offering stand alone units downtown doesn't guarantee sales at such high prices.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #167 on: April 20, 2018, 10:37:55 am »

Curious...how many of those do you think have moved to Tulsa over the last five years?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #168 on: April 20, 2018, 12:22:38 pm »

Curious...how many of those do you think have moved to Tulsa over the last five years?

Man I have no clue.  I figured there would have to be a corporate attorney, surgeon, engineer, etc. paid handsomely to move from somewhere else every quarter or so. Or maybe they have but they want the suburban experience with big lots and space from their neighbors.

Maybe people like that are waiting for Murr Fail and the entire OK Legislature to go "bye-bye" before they would consider moving here.

I honestly have no idea how bad all the happenings in state government affect the image of Tulsa in the minds of attracting the best and brightest.  Tulsa has become somewhat more progressive thinking in terms of development and it's really a pretty good place to live for an MSA of 1 million people.  If we had not found the opportunity MC and I had been dreaming of for our respective lifetimes, we'd still be there and enjoying all Tulsa has to offer.  I will never bad mouth Tulsa except for assholic drivers.  The State Legislature is a target rich environment for my wrath though.  Grin

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org