A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:23:55 am
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Admiral Twin rises from the ashes..  (Read 13156 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« on: February 13, 2012, 01:30:36 pm »

Entire set is at http://www.flickr.com/photos/oilerfan/sets/72157629304085767/with/6870670115/

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 02:54:24 pm »

thanks for posting those pictures.  i am getting giddy for summer now.

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 03:36:17 pm »

The wafting smell of food brought from home and pot smoke is already starting to come to my sense memory....

Very excited.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 04:36:26 pm »

The pictures look good, I also have been taking pictures of the progress, today they were installing the top frame  of the "stacks".. The frame is really huge it dwarfs the work men working on the steel. The screen will have to stand up to huge wind loads so it's got to be strong..

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 04:48:53 pm »

The screen will have to stand up to huge wind loads so it's got to be strong..

Well you best let them know.  While you're doing that, get some good pics and post 'em on here.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 05:08:40 pm »

Well you best let them know.  While you're doing that, get some good pics and post 'em on here.

How long before pigs fly?  Hell freezes over?  Grin

Sent from my Atrix4G with fat fingers

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 06:34:59 pm »

How long before pigs fly?  Hell freezes over?  Grin

Mid November

dbacks fan
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 07:33:05 pm »

^^^ On a Tuesday perhaps?
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 10:39:36 am »

The pictures look good, I also have been taking pictures of the progress, today they were installing the top frame  of the "stacks".. The frame is really huge it dwarfs the work men working on the steel. The screen will have to stand up to huge wind loads so it's got to be strong..
It's funny you say they were loading the top frame yesterday considering when I drove by in the afternoon they were working on the West screen, with the lower portion already up.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 10:44:35 am »

At least it won't burn down so easy this time. When does the wind testing begin?  Smiley

onward...through the fog
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 10:59:13 am »

At least it won't burn down so easy this time. When does the wind testing begin?  Smiley

As soon as Sauer gets all his equipment together

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 09:42:59 pm »

Any time now, it's March in Oklahoma.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 10:29:51 pm »

As soon as Sauer gets all his equipment together

He could just stand out front of it and start talking.  That should be sufficient.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2012, 10:38:30 pm »

My latest photos, taken Sunday late, so the lighting kinda sucky.  Plus, it's my first time shooting in RAW (as opposed to JPG), so I had to convert to JPG for Flickr.  Not as difficult as one would think.

Rest of them can be found at http://www.flickr.com/photos/oilerfan/sets/72157629782111745/with/7063330059/

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2012, 11:09:11 pm »

The D40 is a nice camera for its age. You can bump it up to ISO400 and probably even 800 no problem. ISO 800 is a bit marginal on my D70s. Stupid ancient camera. Tongue

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org