A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:57:57 am
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Senator Says Enough to OKC American Indian Museum Funding Requests  (Read 61781 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #105 on: May 30, 2014, 09:24:27 pm »

Hoss you are right. I mean after all, we owe them right?  Grin

They are showing the initiative so strongly embraced by American culture and running a massively successful business enterprise.  That has been wildly successful at getting at least some form of "paybacks" from the white people!  And has benefited the Native Americans, too....  win, win!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2015, 11:26:33 am »

Museum a LONG Way from Being Finished

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) _ Officials estimate that construction on the planned American Indian Cultural Center and Museum in Oklahoma City is still at least two years away from being finished. 
 An Oklahoma City Council committee on Tuesday also concluded that another year will be needed to install Smithsonian Institution-quality exhibits.

City Manager Jim Couch says $90 million of the original $170 million project budget already has been spent, leaving an $80 million gap. The state has offered to loan $25 million to the city; private interest groups have pledged $31 million; and City Hall has agreed to front $9 million. 

The Journal Record reports that city officials are trying to figure out how to cover the remaining $15 million to complete the center.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2015, 09:13:55 pm »

Make a great outlet mall.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #108 on: August 03, 2015, 08:49:24 am »

Make a great outlet mall.

BOOM!

I think I’ve got David Simon’s cell phone number somewhere...

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2015, 04:15:20 pm »

The supporters of this boondoggle will be back before the legislature next session asking for more money to fill the funding “gap.”  It never seems to occur to them they should design/redesign the museum to fit the money they have.  Actually it does, but they prefer to play a game of financial chicken with the State of Oklahoma, daring it to pull the plug and “waste” the $100+ million Oklahoma has already committed to this project.  The decision makers on this project should be going to jail for financial fraud, not running a museum.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2017, 11:37:51 am »

Vote Set on Completing American Indian Museum in Oklahoma City

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/vote-set-completing-american-indian-museum-oklahoma-city

The Oklahoma City Council is to vote on agreements to complete building the American Indian Cultural Center and Museum.

The vote is Tuesday on proposals to finish the project with the Chickasaw Nation. Plans call for an April 1, 2021, opening.

The museum began as a state project and about $90 million was spent from 2006 until 2012, when it ran out of money.

An estimated $65 million or more is needed to complete it, with the state providing $25 million, the city $9 million and tribal and private donations to provide the remainder. The Chickasaw Nation is to cover any operating deficits for the first seven years after the museum opens.

The museum is at the junction of Interstates 40 and 35 near downtown Oklahoma City.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #111 on: August 28, 2017, 03:13:28 pm »

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/vote-set-completing-american-indian-museum-oklahoma-city

Why don’t they bulldoze this oedipus already or turn it into a homeless shelter?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #112 on: August 28, 2017, 06:22:05 pm »

Why is the state giving another $25M? Budget surplus?
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #113 on: August 28, 2017, 06:30:13 pm »

I dig the fact they have moved off the idea that another $65 million will fur sur finish this damn thing. Now it's "$65 million, or more"

And it's not going to be finished until 2021! It broke ground in 2006!

I predict another hat in hand request coming to the state in 2019.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #114 on: August 29, 2017, 09:12:58 am »

Finally, the latest batch of "participants" have figured out a way to somehow get their palms greased, so the money can start to flow again !!

Sign over the title to me.  Give me $40 million.  Don't obstruct me with false conditions designed to create a kickback.   I guarantee you that it will be open for business by end of 2019.  Probably earlier.

Win, win.   I get the museum I have always wanted, and the people of Oklahoma save WAY over $25 million!!

« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 09:15:32 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org