A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:21:57 pm
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keystone XL Pipeline  (Read 131896 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #195 on: November 17, 2014, 02:43:55 pm »

And yet, the newly elected US Liar,....er, uh, Senator....is still making mewling sounds about the thousands of new jobs!  Well, I am curious as to exactly what it is about this state that prides itself on having the Ten Commandments on the Capital grounds, then repeatedly elects so MANY people who regularly, systematically, and intentionally break number 9...?

How is that hypocrisy and self-deception resolved in their minds??  It is a puzzle... one I will likely never understand.

Not to mention the Adulteress In Chief that has now been elected twice.... number 7 on the to 10 list as well as number 9.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #196 on: November 17, 2014, 02:46:59 pm »

Keystone XL Work Already Completed in Oklahoma

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/keystone-xl-work-already-completed-oklahoma

So I guess anyone pushing for this as a massive jobs creator for Oklahoma could move on to the next project.

In Oklahoma, it might support a grand total of ten or so jobs.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #197 on: November 17, 2014, 03:16:01 pm »

And yet, the newly elected US Liar,....er, uh, Senator....is still making mewling sounds about the thousands of new jobs!  Well, I am curious as to exactly what it is about this state that prides itself on having the Ten Commandments on the Capital grounds, then repeatedly elects so MANY people who regularly, systematically, and intentionally break number 9...?

How is that hypocrisy and self-deception resolved in their minds??  It is a puzzle... one I will likely never understand.

Not to mention the Adulteress In Chief that has now been elected twice.... number 7 on the to 10 list as well as number 9.

When you figure it out,Cabbage...Let us know.....!!!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #198 on: November 18, 2014, 04:04:14 pm »

Just used Google Earth to look at the paths involved.  To take oil from Alberta to Houston to Panama Canal means the oil is going to move about 4,000 miles just to get to the entrance to the Canal.  Versus about 580 miles to get to the Pacific on the west side of Canada.

Then, when loaded on a ship and taken to China, add about 6,000 miles shipping from Canada.  As opposed to right at 10,000 miles from the Panama Canal.

Yeah...this makes ALL kinds of economic sense!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #199 on: November 18, 2014, 04:10:12 pm »

Oh....and there is this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMkYlIA7mgw

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #200 on: November 18, 2014, 07:57:38 pm »

Senate voted 59-41 against the XL pipeline. Wonder how Landrieu is feeling about now?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #201 on: November 20, 2014, 06:59:11 pm »

Just used Google Earth to look at the paths involved.  To take oil from Alberta to Houston to Panama Canal means the oil is going to move about 4,000 miles just to get to the entrance to the Canal.  Versus about 580 miles to get to the Pacific on the west side of Canada.

Then, when loaded on a ship and taken to China, add about 6,000 miles shipping from Canada.  As opposed to right at 10,000 miles from the Panama Canal.

Yeah...this makes ALL kinds of economic sense!

I think Obama was trying to make a similar point. 3 Pinocchios--for whatever that is worth.  Cheesy

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/wp/2014/11/20/obamas-claim-that-keystone-crude-would-go-everywhere-else-but-the-united-states/

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #202 on: November 21, 2014, 12:27:35 am »

Transcanada - the company that is building the pipeline - has said that the oil is most likely to be exported to China and other parts of southeast Asia.  

They have also contradicted Paul Ryan's and even the US State Department lies about how many jobs are going to be created - there will NEVER be 42,000 new jobs for any length of time.  Transcanada estimates about 4,000.

The liars say tens of thousands construction jobs will be for 'over two years'.  Transcanada has said it should be less than 2 years, and probably less than or near 18 months.

The liars try to say that thousands of jobs will continue "forever".  The real numbers from the company estimate 35 to 50 permanent jobs.

The liars wax poetic about "good paying jobs".... tax revenues... Nirvana on the prairie.  The oil is planned to be shipped to a duty free zone - which means it is virtually guaranteed to be exported and no taxes accrue here.

Tell me again - how is it this is gonna be so great for the US?

And the much longer distances involved mean it is gonna take proportionally just that much more shipping fuel to get there.  Not to mention the extra pollution involved in doubling or tripling the extra shipping distance.  How clever of us.....

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #203 on: November 21, 2014, 09:29:20 am »

Transcanada - the company that is building the pipeline - has said that the oil is most likely to be exported to China and other parts of southeast Asia.  

They have also contradicted Paul Ryan's and even the US State Department lies about how many jobs are going to be created - there will NEVER be 42,000 new jobs for any length of time.  Transcanada estimates about 4,000.

The liars say tens of thousands construction jobs will be for 'over two years'.  Transcanada has said it should be less than 2 years, and probably less than or near 18 months.

The liars try to say that thousands of jobs will continue "forever".  The real numbers from the company estimate 35 to 50 permanent jobs.

The liars wax poetic about "good paying jobs".... tax revenues... Nirvana on the prairie.  The oil is planned to be shipped to a duty free zone - which means it is virtually guaranteed to be exported and no taxes accrue here.

Tell me again - how is it this is gonna be so great for the US?

And the much longer distances involved mean it is gonna take proportionally just that much more shipping fuel to get there.  Not to mention the extra pollution involved in doubling or tripling the extra shipping distance.  How clever of us.....

I’ve been thinking once I retire I might get current with my ASEL, get my commercial ticket, then get into flying pipeline inspections.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #204 on: November 21, 2014, 09:35:22 am »

I’ve been thinking once I retire I might get current with my ASEL, get my commercial ticket, then get into flying pipeline inspections.

I hear 'second mortgage' coming.   Shocked

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #205 on: November 21, 2014, 09:53:34 am »

Hah hah!  Nah, I figured I’d find some generous pipeline company to provide that plane for me. 

When I was flying out of Chrisitansen they had a 172 which had been retired from pipeline duty, I don’t recall who the pipeline company who had owned it before was now.  It had something like 10,000 or 12,000 hours on it but it was clean and really well-maintained.  It had a cruise prop on it, and IIRC I think it would do 125-130 knots.  Not your run of the mill clapped-out 172 rental that would do 115 with a strong tailwind.  Wink

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #206 on: November 21, 2014, 09:59:17 am »

Hah hah!  Nah, I figured I’d find some generous pipeline company to provide that plane for me. 

When I was flying out of Chrisitansen they had a 172 which had been retired from pipeline duty, I don’t recall who the pipeline company who had owned it before was now.  It had something like 10,000 or 12,000 hours on it but it was clean and really well-maintained.  It had a cruise prop on it, and IIRC I think it would do 125-130 knots.  Not your run of the mill clapped-out 172 rental that would do 115 with a strong tailwind.  Wink

I wasn't talking about the plane necessarily, with as much as flight school costs now.   Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #207 on: November 21, 2014, 10:09:31 am »

That would be a sweet gig.... get to fly....look for slicks on the ground, which ain't gonna happen for the vast majority of the time.  Commune with nature from 500 feet.  And paid to do it!!  Nice!

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #208 on: November 21, 2014, 11:37:35 am »

Or you could fly around DRT Boxes that dragnet cell phone data.  The money to "fight terrorism " is limitless, dontcha know?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #209 on: November 21, 2014, 03:36:15 pm »

I wasn't talking about the plane necessarily, with as much as flight school costs now.   Grin

I wonder how much 10 hours of 172 block time is these days, wet, any idea?

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org