A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:17:13 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Edward Delk's Bar and Restaurant  (Read 47971 times)
rdj
City Father

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 03:18:21 pm »

More like he's jumping on the fail boat to try and save it from hitting a titanic sized iceberg.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2012, 05:23:22 pm »

I thought something might be up @ E.D. I had noticed they had recently removed the menus posted at the entrances.   I have yet to try the place.. I was meh with the old menu.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2012, 06:14:09 pm »

I am glad they are doing a new menu.  The old one didn't really offer much as a place to go eat.  It seemed to want to be "just a bar" that also had a couple of items to eat and thus, for me at least, wasn't a place I would go as much. 

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2012, 02:25:55 pm »

Still have not eaten there, might be more incentive to now.

I always had good experiences with the food (lunch and apps at night), but the service could be on the very lean side.  I assume they spent a lot of $ on the build out and could be an example of the first guys leaving a very nice business opportunity for the second guys.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2012, 02:48:26 pm »

I always had good experiences with the food (lunch and apps at night), but the service could be on the very lean side.  I assume they spent a lot of $ on the build out and could be an example of the first guys leaving a very nice business opportunity for the second guys.

I’ll take great food over an over-built atmosphere any day.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2012, 02:58:06 pm »

Sadly, it was never great food.  The atmosphere was good though.  It was a bar that had some things on a menu you could eat if you needed to.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2012, 03:02:17 pm »

that had some things on a menu you could eat if you needed to.

Our favorite way to explain food like that:

“It’ll make a turd"

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2012, 03:04:07 pm »

Our favorite way to explain food like that:

“It’ll make a turd"

Ding
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2012, 07:17:42 pm »

Dinner at one of the fishing boat crew eateries in Boston had some really good food.  Atmosphere was oil cloth covered picnic tables, BYO wine.  It was just down the street from one of the famous eating places.  My cousin said the famous place's food was good but not as good as where we went and the prices at the fancy place were significantly higher.  It was a while ago so I don't remember the prices or the names of the two places but they were on the waterfront.  I believe I had a swordfish steak.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2012, 10:33:06 pm »

You know what’s funny this time of year in New England Red?  Even McDonald’s makes one hell of a lobster roll.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2012, 07:33:15 am »

You know what’s funny this time of year in New England Red?  Even McDonald’s makes one hell of a lobster roll.

That always freaks me out when I see lobster advertised at McDonalds. I have never been brave enough to try it. 
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2012, 08:22:32 am »

No doubt that this is a good move, the food a Juniper is excellent.

My personal opinion is that they should super simplify at Delk's and just be a bar with a cheese plate and Charcuterie and etcetera.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2012, 08:55:54 am »

No doubt that this is a good move, the food a Juniper is excellent.

My personal opinion is that they should super simplify at Delk's and just be a bar with a cheese plate and Charcuterie and etcetera.

My personal opinion is too many restaurants make a hands-on-chef spoil.

Just making a point. The sucksess rate for foodies is less than %20....

I hate thinking Junipers might suffer from all these other diversions.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2012, 09:15:49 am »

My personal opinion is too many restaurants make a hands-on-chef spoil.

Just making a point. The sucksess rate for foodies is less than %20....

I hate thinking Junipers might suffer from all these other diversions.

Which is one of the reasons that I think Delks should simplify. Why bring food in from another location? Just make whatever the facility you have can accomodate.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2012, 12:04:11 pm »

Which is one of the reasons that I think Delks should simplify. Why bring food in from another location? Just make whatever the facility you have can accomodate.
Edward Delks has a full kitchen
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org