A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:34:11 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Edward Delk's Bar and Restaurant  (Read 47684 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« on: January 26, 2012, 10:45:55 am »

Location(s) Being Reviewed: Edward Delk's Bar and Restaurant, 427 S Boston
Date/Time of Visit: 01/25/2012, Evening
Quality of Food (1-5): 4
Menu/Food Options (1-5): 4 (for what I consider a bar)
Quality of Service (1-5): 4
Atmosphere (1-5): 4
Overall Rating (1-5): 4
Price ($-$$$$$):$$
What makes this restaurant unique:  Built into the ground floor of the Philtower with a large bar and spiral staircase leading up to an open deck for more seating.

Tell us about your experience:  Had the short rib panini for $9.  It was good. 

My friend had the pastrami panini and we traded a section of sandwich.  A large sandwich btw.  Hers was more flavorful due to the sauerkraut, gruyere & whole-grain mustard sauce.  Had more horseradish in there than mine did.

Cool interior and good service.  Open and airy and a good place to gather with some friends.

Menu:

EDWARD DELK'S MENU:

APPETIZERS

PARMESAN CHIPS 3
PROSCIUTTO–WRAPPED BREADSTICKS 4
CAJUN PICKLED SHRIMP 5
GRILLED PEAR, CAMBOZOLA &
WALNUT BRUSCHETTA SALAD 5
MEDITERRANEAN DIP TRIO 12
eggplant tahini, hummus & smoked tomato relish
BURRATA, PROSCIUTTO & PESTO 7
crostini
CHILI–RUBBED SHRIMP 9
avocado-corn cocktail
TUNA TARTARE 12
wasabi vinaigrette & wonton chips
BRIE & WILD MUSHROOM FONDUE 8
herbed flatbread
MEAT & CHEESE PLATTER 14
assortment of Italian meats & cheeses

SALADS AND SOUPS
LOADED WEDGE 6
chopped egg, tomato, bacon, blue cheese,
chopped chives & creamy blue cheese dressing
ROASTED BEET & ARUGULA SALAD 7
goat cheese & spiced candied nuts
CAPRESE SALAD 7
tomato, mozzarella, basil, balsamic reduction & olive oil
CAESAR SALAD 6
add chicken or shrimp for $3
TOMATO BASIL SOUP 4
CHICKEN & VEGETABLE SOUP 4

BETWEEN BREAD
sandwiches accompanied by crispy potato chips & pickle
HOUSEMADE PASTRAMI PANINI 9
sauerkraut, gruyere & whole-grain mustard sauce
BEER–BRAISED SHORT RIBS PANINI 9
pickled vegetable, aged cheddar & horseradish
CHICKEN BREAST PANINI 8
roasted peppers, mozzarella & basil pesto
MOZZARELLA & PROVOLONE PANINI 8
roasted tomatoes & black olive pesto

FLATBREAD PIZZA
PROSCIUTTO 9
tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, arugula & shaved parmesan
BEEF SHORT RIB 9
barbecue sauce, cheddar cheese, caramelized onions & cilantro
MARGARITA 8
fresh mozzarella, tomato & basil

DESSERTS
CHOCOLATE POT DE CRÈME 4
INSIDE OUT CARROT CAKE 4
CHEESECAKE 4
raspberry sauce

NON-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
COKE
DIET COKE
DR. PEPPER
DIET DR. PEPPER
SPRITE
GINGER ALE
PERRIER
ICE TEA
COFFEE

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 10:56:15 am »

I saw you there last night and almost stopped in. I was leaving the Press Club and was looking for a place to eat. A pastrami panini would have been perfect.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 11:06:53 am »

I saw you there last night and almost stopped in. I was leaving the Press Club and was looking for a place to eat. A pastrami panini would have been perfect.

Never pass up an oppotunity to dine with me.  I tend to amaze everyone with my social skills. 

You would've been more than welcome.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 12:34:17 pm »

That sounds great for sure......What are the hours...I might hit it before Gordon Lightfoot tomorrow night...!

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 12:38:04 pm »

That sounds great for sure......What are the hours...I might hit it before Gordon Lightfoot tomorrow night...!

Per FB they open at 11am tomorrow and I'd imagine last call is 1:30am if there's business.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 12:43:57 pm »

Per FB they open at 11am tomorrow and I'd imagine last call is 1:30am if there's business.
\

I think we have a Winnah.....!!!!!

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 01:34:03 pm »

They have Peroni on tap.  Which is nice.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
dbacks fan
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 01:45:28 pm »

They have Peroni on tap.  Which is nice.

What's the price per draught?
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 02:00:00 pm »

What's the price per draught?

I was drinking guinness so I'm not sure.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 03:19:52 pm »

Stopped by Saturday night after attending "Stomp" at the PAC.  Got there around 10 and the place was 3/4 full.  Sat at the bar.  The drinks were very well made.

The atmosphere has a very cool vide and the crowd was on the younger side, but mellow as most everyone was engaged in conversations.  Two large TVs behind the bar were on the Thunder game, but were muted so they did not obstruct conversation.  They have hooks under the bar for the ladies' purses - a big deal to my wife and something you usually find at bars in large cities, but for some reason many Tulsa bars completely miss this inexpensive little extra.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 03:36:31 pm »

Stopped by Saturday night after attending "Stomp" at the PAC.  Got there around 10 and the place was 3/4 full.  Sat at the bar.  The drinks were very well made.

The atmosphere has a very cool vide and the crowd was on the younger side, but mellow as most everyone was engaged in conversations.  Two large TVs behind the bar were on the Thunder game, but were muted so they did not obstruct conversation.  They have hooks under the bar for the ladies' purses - a big deal to my wife and something you usually find at bars in large cities, but for some reason many Tulsa bars completely miss this inexpensive little extra.

I always just love banging my knee into a hook. Lots of places have them in town....just gotta poke around. But a good way to tell if a place is good or not?
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 02:38:17 pm »

Juniper owner to operate Edward Delk's, open Brady District steakhouse in the fall

http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=371&articleid=20120806_371_0_Justin214637

Justin Thompson, chef-proprietor of Juniper, said Monday he has taken over operation of Edward Delk's and plans to open an upscale steakhouse in the Brady District in the fall.

Thompson said Edward Delk's, 427 S. Boston Ave., will be closed Monday and Tuesday and will reopen Wednesday with a new menu and new wine list.

"I'm sort of bringing in my own kind of food," Thompson said. "The identity will be American-style pub with things like pulled pork sliders and blue cheese nachos. We also will offer full dinners with things like chorizo meatloaf with sweet-corn mashed potatoes.

"We also will have some changes in the bar and the wine list. It will be a whole new atmosphere."

Edward Delk's was opened in December 2011 by Eric Richards and Hunt Hawkins.

"I've known Eric and Hunt since high school," Thompson said. "We entered into a partnership where I will handle the day to day operation of the restaurant."

He said Edward Delk's will be open for lunch and dinner Monday-Friday and dinner only Saturday.

Thompson said his new steakhouse, to be called PRHYME Downtown Steakhouse, will be located on the south end of the new Fairfield Inn & Suites, 111 N. Main St.

It will be on the opposite end of the hotel from another new restaurant, Laffa, a project from the owners of Cosmo.

"We are starting construction on the steakhouse this week," Thompson said. "It will be an upscale, modern steakhouse and have everything you expect to see with a few twists.

"We will focus on beef from different regions, and customers can pick among grass-fed or grain-fed beef. Different steaks will have different fat content. People can try different styles of steak and see what they really like.

"We'll also have 300 wines by the bottle, caviar service and lots of seafood."

Thompson said the target date for completion is mid October.

Thompson, who opened the upscale-casual Juniper last year at 324 E. Third St., formerly was chef at such places as Ciao!, Sonoma Bistro, the Brasserie and Osage restaurant at Gilcrease Museum.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=371&articleid=20120806_371_0_Justin214637
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 02:58:25 pm »

"I'm sort of bringing in my own kind of food," Thompson said. "The identity will be American-style pub with things like pulled pork sliders and blue cheese nachos. We also will offer full dinners with things like chorizo meatloaf with sweet-corn mashed potatoes.

Sounds like food from the galley on the fail boat.   Grin

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 03:01:01 pm »

Sounds like food from the galley on the fail boat.   Grin

It needed an upgrade.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2012, 03:16:11 pm »

It needed an upgrade.

Still have not eaten there, might be more incentive to now.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org