A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:31:28 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chili Bowl  (Read 2935 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« on: December 29, 2011, 08:15:46 am »

TULSA, Okla. (AP)—NASCAR Sprint Cup champion Tony Stewart said Tuesday that he will race in the Chili Bowl Nationals next month at the QuikTrip Center’s Tulsa Expo Raceway.

Stewart, the 2002 and 2007 Golden Driller winner, last competed in the Midget event in 2008. In 12 previous starts, he has made it to the championship feature 10 times.

The indoor competition is Jan. 10-14 on the quarter-mile clay oval.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 09:35:05 am »

This is an incredible event for the city of Tulsa if TS shows up or not..........Stewart is a true racer.....

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 10:21:20 am »

This is an incredible event for the city of Tulsa if TS shows up or not..........Stewart is a true racer.....

Speaking of Stewarts, is Shane going to fly back from Australia for the CB? 

Always a big event.  Ever since the first one in 1987, I think I've only missed three.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 10:44:56 am »

No....He's down-under for the winter...... Grin

les_stockton
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 04:42:17 pm »

I wish I could go, but I'm told that if you didn't get your tickets a year ago, you're pretty much out of luck.

-----
www.freewebs.com/stocktonunderground

www.twitter.com/les_stockton

http://www.flickr.com/people/les_stockton/

http://les-stockton.smugmug.com/

You do dat, you go to da box, you know, uh, two minutes by yourself, and you feel shame, you know, and then you get free. ~Denis Lemieux
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 05:05:53 pm »

ebay has tickets for as low as $29

stubhub has tickets as low as $43

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 08:44:46 am »

Or you can buy a pit pass for any night, those never sell out.  There is seating for people with pit passes but you do need to jump on it early every night.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org