A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:10:26 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supercommittee Fails, as Expected  (Read 2587 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« on: November 21, 2011, 04:40:44 pm »

Tonight, by invitation only, starting at 7:00 pm in the Palm Room, the White House welcomes the legonds of country music.   Yet another performance brought to you by the President's “In Performance at the White House” label.

No details have been released about the artists invited to perform, but there is much rumor circulating that Taylor Swift will be the headliner.

As of 5:30, guests have already started to arrive and as usual they represent a who's who of campaign donors, banking industry elite, and of course the entertainment industry.

The president and the lovely Michelle Obama are expected to make their appearance at approximately 7:15 through the press gathering at the North Door.  Michelle is rumored to be wearing western attire, including a pair of gem studded designer boots.  The press is encouraged to pool at 6:45 to prepare for the entrance.

Prior to the event, the Supercommittee is expected to deliver the news of their failure to the president.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 05:01:47 pm »

Tonight, by invitation only, starting at 7:00 pm in the Palm Room, the White House welcomes the legonds of country music.   Yet another performance brought to you by the President's “In Performance at the White House” label.

No details have been released about the artists invited to perform, but there is much rumor circulating that Taylor Swift will be the headliner.

As of 5:30, guests have already started to arrive and as usual they represent a who's who of campaign donors, banking industry elite, and of course the entertainment industry.

The president and the lovely Michelle Obama are expected to make their appearance at approximately 7:15 through the press gathering at the North Door.  Michelle is rumored to be wearing western attire, including a pair of gem studded designer boots.  The press is encouraged to pool at 6:45 to prepare for the entrance.

Prior to the event, the Supercommittee is expected to deliver the news of their failure to the president.

All because the republicans won't budge on the tax hikes for the wealthiest of Americans.  The tax hikes that would take them back to the Clinton era.

Roll Eyes

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 05:48:18 pm »

Bring on the across the board cuts...

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 05:50:38 pm »

Bring on the across the board cuts...

2013 is when they kick in.  It includes $600B in defense cuts, of which Panetta is none to thrilled about.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 07:37:49 pm »

2013 is when they kick in.  It includes $600B in defense cuts, of which Panetta is none to thrilled about.

And this is why the failure of the supercommittee doesn't actually matter. Current law is written such that we get both savage spending cuts and increases in taxes if the dysfunction continues.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 07:49:29 pm »

It's sucks, but maybe those cuts will be the freakin removal of our European presence....

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 05:58:51 pm »

Not a new one, but quite timely these days:

A driver was stuck in a traffic jam on the highway outside Washington,
DC . Nothing was moving. Suddenly, a man knocks on the window.

The driver rolls down the window and asks, "What's going on?"

"Terrorists have kidnapped Congress, and they're asking for a $100
million dollar ransom. Otherwise, they are going to douse them all in
gasoline and set them on fire. We are going from car to car,
collecting
donations."

"How much is everyone giving, on average?" the driver asks.

The man replies, "About a gallon."
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 10:59:27 pm »

Not a new one, but quite timely these days:

A driver was stuck in a traffic jam on the highway outside Washington,
DC . Nothing was moving. Suddenly, a man knocks on the window.

The driver rolls down the window and asks, "What's going on?"

"Terrorists have kidnapped Congress, and they're asking for a $100
million dollar ransom. Otherwise, they are going to douse them all in
gasoline and set them on fire. We are going from car to car,
collecting
donations."

"How much is everyone giving, on average?" the driver asks.

The man replies, "About a gallon."

You finally posted something I can believe in.  Unfortunately, we are on opposite sides of what is acceptable.  Oh well.  Maybe next time.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 07:34:41 am »

You finally posted something I can believe in.  Unfortunately, we are on opposite sides of what is acceptable.  Oh well.  Maybe next time.

Curious as to how that post would be received if you replaced the word congress, with "The President?"

I bet it would be considered shocking and racist.

I don't think it's acceptable to joke about the murder of anyone, just because you disagree with them.

Carry on. . . I'll try to lighten up. Undecided

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2011, 10:21:48 am »

I don't think it's acceptable to joke about the murder of anyone, just because you disagree with them.

Actually you're right.  I was just thinking about changing congress, not actual murder.  That will teach me not to read anything TTC writes.

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2011, 04:45:06 pm »

Curious as to how that post would be received if you replaced the word congress, with "The President?"

I bet it would be considered shocking and racist.

Carry on. . . I'll try to lighten up. Undecided

Hey bozo, a terrorist is a terrorist no matter what his or our Presidents color....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org