A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:49:25 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BCS Standings  (Read 8092 times)
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 11:16:30 am »

OU has played one top 25 team that deserved to be there. You'll note their other top 25 opponent was not top 25 for very long. LSU, for example, has already played 4 top 25 teams (although two have since dropped out) and will play 3 more (all conference, no less) before the end of the regular season.

Like said OU and OSU are in the top 25 in SOS....Go argue with Phil Steele......

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2011, 12:31:58 pm »

Boise State. All I have to say.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWFbGw-jZvc[/youtube]

Was that for a National Championship ? just sayin.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
dbacks fan
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2011, 12:44:10 pm »

Was that for a National Championship ? just sayin.

No, it was just for the Fiesta Bowl, The Championship game was a week later at Cardinal Stadium between Florida and Ohio State.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2011, 02:40:53 pm »

No, it was just for the Fiesta Bowl, The Championship game was a week later at Cardinal Stadium between Florida and Ohio State.

Which is what BS will always be...a bridesmaid.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2011, 11:41:32 pm »

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Go big red!!!

Sorry for the loss tonight Sooners.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2011, 12:15:49 pm »

How many national championships have the Chokes..errr...Pokes won?  I think it's seven less than OU.  That equals zero.

Couldn't help myself, either.

Uh...what??

I am very curious to see Texas Tech and OSU.

Wow, I guess I better get that picture of Stoop's house soon before he no longer lives there...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 01:52:31 pm »

Uh...what??

I am very curious to see Texas Tech and OSU.

Wow, I guess I better get that picture of Stoop's house soon before he no longer lives there...

The fact that Chokelahoma lost still doesn't reduce the fact that neither the Red Raiders or the Pokes haven't won a national title in D1 football.  When they do, call me.

Most everyone around here anyway that knows me knows that I pretty much left any football off my list of popular sports for hockey...and did that long ago.  The fact that I still talk about college football doesn't diminish that.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2011, 02:18:54 pm »

The fact that Chokelahoma lost still doesn't reduce the fact that neither the Red Raiders or the Pokes haven't won a national title in D1 football.  When they do, call me.

Most everyone around here anyway that knows me knows that I pretty much left any football off my list of popular sports for hockey...and did that long ago.  The fact that I still talk about college football doesn't diminish that.

Yeah, they will choke when they play OU, too, I suspect...

Hey, if you are into blood sports (hockey) - I got to watch some of the World Cup Rugby yesterday, and I think that pretty much makes all our American football look kind of candy-donkey. 

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
dbacks fan
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2011, 02:21:00 pm »

Yeah, they will choke when they play OU, too, I suspect...

Hey, if you are into blood sports (hockey) - I got to watch some of the World Cup Rugby yesterday, and I think that pretty much makes all our American football look kind of candy-donkey. 

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvEdN7o7vk8[/youtube]
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2011, 03:26:20 pm »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvEdN7o7vk8[/youtube]

Yeah, but the Aussies are more into that oval pitch Aussie rules stuff.  Still pretty tough.  I tried one year to understand that stuff.  About the extent of my rugby knowledge came with viewing the movie Invictus.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2011, 03:28:05 pm »

About the extent of my rugby knowledge came with viewing the movie Invictus.

A Friends episode.  I learned "scrum".
dbacks fan
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2011, 06:30:24 pm »

Can't link from my phone but can you imagine Andy Griffith explaining rugby like he did football?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2011, 07:36:26 pm »

A Friends episode.  I learned "scrum".

Don't scratch your scrum without scrubbing your fingernails first, mate.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org