A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:25:58 am
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren Sez!  (Read 64690 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #105 on: May 30, 2012, 02:09:58 pm »

Someone clue me in.  After how many ever pages of this, who is she and why is she relevant in the national dialogue?

Seems like I’m the only one missing the joke here.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #106 on: May 30, 2012, 02:30:45 pm »

Someone clue me in.  After how many ever pages of this, who is she and why is she relevant in the national dialogue?

No, you get the joke because she is it. She's also running for Ted Kennedy's Senate seat--not the one belonging to the Mass. people, but to the swimmer.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #107 on: May 30, 2012, 02:34:38 pm »

No, you get the joke because she is it. She's also running for Ted Kennedy's Senate seat--not the one belonging to the Mass. people, but to the swimmer.

HERE! MORE FODDER FOR YOU MISOGYNISTS!

"Whether it is "clean air, clean water, food safety, public safety, public education, public transportation, public housing, public health, Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security - they don't believe in a public role, and they're sincere in their beliefs," she said. "And they act upon them. And it's not good for children and other living things."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/05/29/MNRQ1OP4JL.DTL&ao=2#ixzz1wMyYe3Bi
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #108 on: May 30, 2012, 02:53:08 pm »

HERE! MORE FODDER FOR YOU MISOGYNISTS!

"Whether it is "clean air, clean water, food safety, public safety, public education, public transportation, public housing, public health, Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security - they don't believe in a public role, and they're sincere in their beliefs," she said. "And they act upon them. And it's not good for children and other living things."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/05/29/MNRQ1OP4JL.DTL&ao=2#ixzz1wMyYe3Bi

In didn't know Pelosi was from Oklahoma, claimed to be Cherokee, and to be the first breast feeding person to take the bar exam. To be fair, though, Pelosi does have her head squarely up her @ss just like Warren.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #109 on: May 30, 2012, 02:56:29 pm »

There is more to the story. . .
Apparently she was breast-feeding the homeless while taking her bar exam.  Quite a spectacle.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #110 on: May 30, 2012, 03:00:48 pm »

You two are so predictable and easy to lure... little fish.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #111 on: May 30, 2012, 04:12:36 pm »

There is more to the story. . .
Apparently she was breast-feeding the homeless while taking her bar exam.  Quite a spectacle.

Ahhh, but did the homeless have high cheekbones?

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #112 on: May 30, 2012, 05:35:10 pm »

Someone clue me in.  After how many ever pages of this, who is she and why is she relevant in the national dialogue?

Google around and read some about her.  It is (as it always is) a much more detailed and nuanced story than you can get here from us.  We deal in sound bytes and short shots for the most part.  Long involved explanations give a good case of "TEGO" to the denizens of the forum.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #113 on: May 30, 2012, 05:40:02 pm »

Polls show Walker may be in trouble. Perhaps a few more choice posts on this fine thread can switch the momentum back in Walker's favor. Don't give up now, you've done such a good job at dredging up smile the electorate in Massachusetts doesn't care about.

Also, it's a bit amusing to read derisive posts about Warren claiming she is part Cherokee when we live in the land of the part Cherokee. Seems like everybody I talk to is part Cherokee. I'm pretty sure a few folks on this forum have previously claimed to be part Cherokee, even.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #114 on: May 30, 2012, 05:43:45 pm »

Polls show Walker may be in trouble. Perhaps a few more choice posts on this fine thread can switch the momentum back in Walker's favor. Don't give up now, you've done such a good job at dredging up smile the electorate in Massachusetts doesn't care about.

Also, it's a bit amusing to read derisive posts about Warren claiming she is part Cherokee when we live in the land of the part Cherokee. Seems like everybody I talk to is part Cherokee. I'm pretty sure a few folks on this forum have previously claimed to be part Cherokee, even.

Didn't claim it until I was 19, when I found out my great-great grandmother was full blood Cherokee.  Pictures I saw of her lend me to that belief.

Do I feel entitled to a Cherokee Roll Card?  Nah.  She never registered because they lived in Kentucky, so she was one of the remaining Alabama Cherokees.  I was told I could get one.  But I see people who are completely blonde-haired and blue-eyed claim the 1/512 fraction needed to claim it and feel like..."why?"  I have at least 1/16.  I'll be proud to have that much and not worry about my place on the Dawes.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #115 on: May 30, 2012, 05:53:43 pm »

I know I have.  And my kids even have their cards!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2012, 03:42:37 pm »

Run Away! Run Away!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=z10qDag_Q_0[/youtube]

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #117 on: June 10, 2012, 11:26:09 am »

Here is something the citizens of Mass understand:

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #118 on: June 10, 2012, 11:35:11 am »

Ahhh, but did the homeless have high cheekbones?

Are you 1Cowboy? Or do you all get your material from the same source?
Massachusetts 'blood' tiff no big deal in Oklahoma

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/opinion/article.aspx?subjectid=213&articleid=20120610_213_G6_CUTLIN457588
http://www.tulsaworld.com/opinion/article.aspx?subjectid=213&articleid=20120610_213_G6_CUTLIN457588
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #119 on: June 10, 2012, 12:04:54 pm »

Here is something the citizens of Mass understand:

I wish I could find a framed poster of that.

onward...through the fog
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org