A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:36:04 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fusco's  (Read 11998 times)
stageidea
Civic Leader

« on: September 28, 2011, 10:40:20 am »

Not sure if this the right area to post this.  But I heard that it will closing for good today.  I will miss there Lobster Bisque this winter.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 10:49:55 am »

Not sure if this the right area to post this.  But I heard that it will closing for good today.  I will miss there Lobster Bisque this winter.

Interesting, I had heard an ad for them just the other day.  Hope KRMG got pre-paid.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 10:51:35 am »

I hope not. That would be tragic....where's Kavisto these days? I guess Mabrey pulled the cord...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 11:21:56 am »

I hope not. That would be tragic....where's Kavisto these days?

Avoiding former SEM employees and SEC investigators would be my guess.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 12:33:39 pm »

I think Kivisto was replaced last year as one of the financial backers.  I believe some new investors were brought in around the time the restaurant was remodeled last fall.  That remodel was an indication things might not have been going as planned.  A real shame if it closes.
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 03:59:27 pm »

Fuscos out south on the River?  I would be sad for it to go as well.  I thought it was great and had a wonderful wine selection.  Too bad.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 05:36:18 pm »

Fusco has been cooking in Tulsa for 20+ years.  I'm sure he'll land somewhere or open up a new concept.

kuslamb
Citizen

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 10:13:12 am »

Any updates on this front?
stageidea
Civic Leader

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 02:34:48 pm »

I believe they are still trying to figure out the next step.  Last I heard they where looking for new investors.  But I haven't had an update in a couple of weeks.  Last time I went Michael Fusco was running the front desk and seating people. 

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 03:07:45 pm »

He lost his front of the house manager due to an ABLE kerfluffle which is why he is manning the front. I had heard he had an offer to move to a country club, not sure how accurate that is.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2011, 03:33:41 pm »

Ah, so Fusco's is closed for repairs too, then?

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2011, 03:52:41 pm »

Ah, so Fusco's is closed for repairs too, then?

You'd be shocked at the number of restaurants teetering on going out of business. Did Rik's reopen?

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2011, 04:01:30 pm »

You'd be shocked at the number of restaurants teetering on going out of business. Did Rik's reopen?

What else?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 04:47:55 pm »

If it did, he's not getting an early crowd for dinner.  I never see anyone down at that end of the parking lot when I go on a booze run.

kuslamb
Citizen

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2011, 10:38:51 am »

Parents went a week ago or so and my dad commented on how much more expensive the restaurant was as they had gone to an a la carte style menu where they had basicaly broken apart several dishes and charged in individual pieces (I mention this not to explain a la carte, but to stress that the menu had the same food, but presented and priced much differently).  There usual $75 for 2 with some wine and such was nearly $130 this time around.  $35 for 3 scallops was my dad's strongest complaint (keeping in mind, its 3 scallops + sauce, nothing else now).

As for the country club mention, I have heard from several people that a very prestigious local country club may be reorganizing their chef and food management, and assume Fusco would be a good fit, assuming he would want to surrender a ton of control and subject himself to the membership.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org