A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:45:19 am
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: District 4 Dilemma  (Read 64328 times)
JoeMommaBlake
Civic Leader

« Reply #105 on: November 11, 2011, 09:20:08 am »

Nik,

I plan to keep it up. I'm of the opinion that our city govt. needs to do a much better job of being open, honest, available and real and that lack of communication is one of our largest issues.

I'm not going to change what I've been doing. I wouldn't have done this if I planned to go act like a politician. That's just boring and ineffective. No offense

Thanks again to you all.

Blake

"Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized."
- Daniel Burnham

http://www.joemommastulsa.com
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #106 on: November 11, 2011, 09:24:20 am »

I wouldn't have done this if I planned to go act like a politician. That's just boring and ineffective. No offense

Take the (few) good bits, leave the rest. On second thought no, don't just leave the rest, reject it from city government with prejudice.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
LocalGirl
« Reply #107 on: February 21, 2012, 06:35:03 pm »

The latest on Gomez...

http://www.newson6.com/story/16979594/former-tulsa-city-councilor-arrested-for-domestic-assault-and-battery
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2012, 11:38:33 pm »

You would think judges would get tired of the petty pile-ons like "resisting" and "public drunk", and put their foot down.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2012, 09:26:35 am »

You would think judges would get tired of the petty pile-ons like "resisting" and "public drunk", and put their foot down.

You'd think. There are a lot of other things you'd think that would happen in our criminal justice system, but this probably isn't the appropriate time.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org