A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:29:51 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whole Foods  (Read 47863 times)
ARGUS
Civic Leader

« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2011, 08:32:49 pm »

SW corner. Whole Foods....there is your confirmation.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2011, 09:18:21 pm »

SW corner. Whole Foods....there is your confirmation.

"They sucked his brains." Confirmed as well.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2011, 09:45:31 am »

Any confirmation on this yet?

There's no 2nd Tulsa listing on Wholefoods and the new signs on the SW corner of 91st and Yale say "new development coming soon" and "space available".   

No mention of Wholefoods as of 2 days ago.

I have confirmation that I am neither able to confirm or deny.

[commercial]

BTW, 3 Guys Smokin' Sauces and rubs are now available at your Whole Foods store!  We passed their strict analysis and secured our place as a natural alternative to BBQ products filled with HFCS, MSG, Creosote, Artificial Binders, and Preservatives.

Come visit us at Tulsa's Art of BBQ this weekend in the heart of Downtown.  Taster kits go on sale Saturday at 11.  Get there early!

[/commercial]

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
HomeStyle
Tourist

« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2011, 09:17:22 am »

Creosote?

"...Oh, you were finished? Well then, allow me to retort..."
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2011, 01:15:43 pm »

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/113511/how-whole-foods-primes-you-shop-fastco

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
rdj
City Father

« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2011, 05:28:23 am »

Whole Foods corporate account tweeted last night they were opening a store in Tulsa.   No official announcement on location.

I still hear 91st & Yale.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2011, 03:28:55 pm »

SW corner of 91st & Yale confirmed on their Facebook page...and also the Tulsa World (which said it was confirmed on their Facebook page)..   Smiley

That is a pretty big site, is this part of a larger shopping center development at that corner?

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2011, 03:36:11 pm »

I believe they will phase in development as tenants are signed up. But expect a big vacancy next door to WF which will be expanded into alcohol someday if we are lucky.

Meanwhile, a mile north at 79th and Yale you will find a Fresh Market store....  http://www.thefreshmarket.com/ ....in the old Borders.

And two miles east of the new WF you will see a similar concept as well.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2011, 07:28:44 pm »

I believe they will phase in development as tenants are signed up. But expect a big vacancy next door to WF which will be expanded into alcohol someday if we are lucky.

Meanwhile, a mile north at 79th and Yale you will find a Fresh Market store....  http://www.thefreshmarket.com/ ....in the old Borders.

And two miles east of the new WF you will see a similar concept as well.

Any idea when Fresh Market will open?  It's not even showing up on their website as a planned development.  I'd love to see one in the old Borders on 21st.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2011, 06:58:39 am »

Any idea when Fresh Market will open?  It's not even showing up on their website as a planned development.  I'd love to see one in the old Borders on 21st.

That would be interesting. The problem for that site (for a grocery) is lack of dock space. I heard that the deal was not solid yet.

On the WholeFoods, the 91st store is designed to be a much larger footprint based on their new development concept. Expanded inventory and wider isles, as well as more of a "departmental" design with 3rd party offerings (nutrition consulting, massage, healthy cooking classes, and other spa services.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2011, 07:32:16 am »

On the WholeFoods, the 91st store is designed to be a much larger footprint based on their new development concept. Expanded inventory and wider isles, as well as more of a "departmental" design with 3rd party offerings (nutrition consulting, massage, healthy cooking classes, and other spa services.

Any chance you can name a source?

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2011, 08:11:46 am »

That would be interesting. The problem for that site (for a grocery) is lack of dock space. I heard that the deal was not solid yet.

I notice where WF has additional space secured in the space(s) immediately west of their current store.  It's amazing how that store has grown.  It doesn't matter what time I go, it's usually very busy.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2011, 10:31:57 am »

The access on 21st isn't conducive to retail....more like office/medical....imho.

My guess would be open by end of 2012.

The reason Peoria WF has not expanded yet is probably due to landlord work. Just noticed new parking lot lights last month were installed.
dbacks fan
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2011, 11:05:08 am »

I think the whole organic/natural foods marketing is a way to seperate the consumer from their money.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/organic-food/NU00255/NSECTIONGROUP=2

http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/stossel/index.html#/v/1245915096001/is-organic-food-worth-the-price/?playlist_id=87530
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2011, 11:17:03 am »

Agreed, there is a certain amount of wallet lube in "organic" marketing.  I'm personally not fanatical about organic fruits & veggies.  I will buy them when the price is comparable to non-organic though.

But, one thing I like about buying processed or packaged meats such as bacon, sausage lunch meat, or boxed products like chicken stock from Whole Foods is that I don't have to read the the label to see if it's laden with nitrites, nitrates, BHA, BHT or any other preservatives.  Interesting thing is, you can buy their brats or other speciality link sausages (like basil garlic pine nut) for roughly the same price you pay for a package of Johnsonvilles which are full of crap, when it's totally unnecessary to be in their product.  Generally Johnsonville's products are frozen in the store so what's the need for preservatives unless they figure it's going to sit on a loading dock and get warm a time or two...ghack!

I also find the WF links have less fat and better flavor.

As far as whole meats, I really don't care so much about free range or not and I'll get that at Reasor's or wherever I find the best cuts I like.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org