A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:17:15 pm
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 75   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Making the Case for Medical Marijuana  (Read 598093 times)
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #630 on: September 10, 2016, 10:45:25 am »

We all know you have a point as you've made it repeatably. Please put your hat back on.

For those slow learners in the back of the classroom, let's review. Marijuana is a Schedule 1 drug just like heroin and cocaine. That means our government has decided - despite any evidence - it has no medical uses. Therefore, research on it is prohibited. The late unlamented Richard Nixon was responsible for this.

Anecdotes are not data, of course, but anecdotal experiences may be indicative of possible medical use. Without rescheduling we may never know.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #631 on: September 10, 2016, 01:02:46 pm »

Stop making sense, Ed. Its upsetting to those whose realities are challenged without the use of weed.

onward...through the fog
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #632 on: September 10, 2016, 07:44:43 pm »

Most people learn through repetition. Well, that and having their noses rubbed in their mistakes. And most of us experience learning curves rather than learning flat lines.

Ed

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #633 on: September 12, 2016, 11:28:00 am »

Intellectually having more people on the streets with altered or fried brains  is dumb.

Think of the work place, fork lift drivers on MJ..  Don't we have enough problems with  illegal drugs, and alcohol  and they want to add to that number by making MJ legal. First it's medical MJ then with a foot in the door it's R&R MJ use. Much of the violence on our streets is the result of people high on some drug. MJ is a stepping stone to harder drugs. I'm against legalized MJ. The  "Quality Of Life" in Oklahoma and Tulsa is fine it's what you make of it. The RiverParks offers miles of jogging trails, the low cost of living, mild climate, shops & museums make Oklahoma a fine place to raise a family and live. BTW Oklahoma has some the cheapest gasoline prices in the nation.

So, stay off the streets!!

And as always, most of this is for others, since you appear to have such limited capability to grasp simple concepts....  Tobacco and alcohol are the biggest "stepping stone" - gateway drugs - to other drugs.  (I'm betting you are a smoker, too.)  National Institutes of Health says that people who use marijuana are most likely NOT to move on to harder drugs.  

Marijuana as Gateway Drug - The Myth that Will Not Die...  It is a gateway drug in exactly the same way that people move to harder drugs have also tried chocolate.  Or swallowed their own spit....  It is only the ignorant and feeble minded or companies who stand to lose billions from expensive drugs that really don't do what they should, or what we need, who won't investigate past the Faux News, RWRE, DuPont, and Richard Nixon intellectual cesspools, who still believe all that nonsense.  Which are you?  Drug company lackey??

As for your inane, trite, repetitious, and wrong comparative example.... well, geez.... Really??  You don't want marijuana users driving forklifts?  Why not?  Would they drive too slow for ya??  Typical Faux News garbage argument.  Watch some PBS and listen to some NPR!!  It might start a de-tox process of your system....  Nobody wants forklift drivers, or any other job related activity to be performed by an impaired person.  But yet, the incidence of impairment is vastly higher with alcohol and tobacco than ever has been or will be by marijuana users.  Think dangerous actions with alcohol, and massive losses in productivity by smokers (you have all seen and worked with the 2 - 3 hours per day 'smoke break' people...)

Violence - yep, MOST of it is drug related.  NONE of it by marijuana users - they are all way too mellow and smiley-faced (meaning "sh$t-eatin' grin!) to be violent.  It's ALL caused by the prohibition, which, as we have proven repeatedly, does NOT stop undesirable activity, but indeed increases it and creates opportunity for high profits and massive criminal organizations to thrive.  Which we see now, just as we saw with alcohol during it's prohibition term.

Conflating marijuana use with "Much of the violence on our streets is the result of people high on some drug" - your quote - is an ignorant, extremist, feeble attempt at an analogy.  Again, wrong.  

"BTW Oklahoma has some the cheapest gasoline prices in the nation."
Your quote.  And the nation as a whole has some of the cheapest gas prices in many years.  No thanks to Mary Failin'....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #634 on: September 13, 2016, 03:45:53 pm »

Ok- people on the streets or driving with scrambled brains is fine. It's great to be mellowed out on MJ. We don't have any alcohol or illegal drug problems. Why not legalize a brain scrambling drug. Never mind that MJ users go on to harder drugs. Undecided
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 03:47:28 pm by sauerkraut » Logged

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #635 on: September 13, 2016, 04:55:00 pm »

Never mind that MJ users go on to harder drugs. Undecided

You just can't help passing on the Faux News and vested interest lies, can you?   When you have been informed, yet choose to continue, that makes YOU a liar!  So, now we know exactly where you are coming from.  And gives a little more insight into the hollowness of past professions of faith of like minded people to yourself, since you are breaking at least 10% of the 10 Commandments...the one about bearing false witness.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #636 on: September 13, 2016, 05:20:09 pm »

Ok- people on the streets or driving with scrambled brains is fine. It's great to be mellowed out on MJ. We don't have any alcohol or illegal drug problems. Why not legalize a brain scrambling drug. Never mind that MJ users go on to harder drugs. Undecided

It's sad when a broken clock is right more than you are.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #637 on: September 13, 2016, 05:21:09 pm »

I am much more likely to believe University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and Rutgers University over any anti-mj type uneducated, lying "hick from the sticks"....this means everyone in this state who keeps pushing the RWRE agenda of prohibition.  Not a study of benefits, just tracking to look for adverse items.  None occurred.   As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be - no VALID reason for marijuana prohibition.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/09/13/findings-from-a-long-term-study-on-marijuana-use-u.aspx

« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 05:22:53 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #638 on: September 14, 2016, 02:40:10 pm »

Marijuana is the gateway to heroin in the same way that those who are known to drink water eventually die. It's the post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy. One event preceded the other, but that doesn't  mean the first event caused the subsequent one.

Ed

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #639 on: September 14, 2016, 04:09:01 pm »

Marijuana is the gateway to heroin in the same way that those who are known to drink water eventually die. It's the post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy. One event preceded the other, but that doesn't  mean the first event caused the subsequent one.

Its all because legalizing liquor legalized drunk driving.  Same logic.  Angry

I couldnt begin to count how many people are trying to get out from under the fog of their doctor-prescribed opioids in exchange for a non-intoxicating CBD extract.   Maybe its a reverse-gateway?

While were talking impaired, what was Attorney General Pruitt high on when he thought he could re-write the initiative petition by which the people of Oklahoma made their voices heard?   But hey, the ten commandments will be on the ballot for November.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #640 on: September 14, 2016, 04:37:42 pm »

Wow!  I can eat pickles again.  I read that everyone who ate pickles in 1843 has since died.  The logical conclusion was that pickles caused their death.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #641 on: September 14, 2016, 05:09:03 pm »

Wow!  I can eat pickles again.  I read that everyone who ate pickles in 1843 has since died.  The logical conclusion was that pickles caused their death.

New study showed that swallowing saliva causes cancer!!

But only when swallowed in very small amounts over a very long time.....

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #642 on: September 14, 2016, 09:17:27 pm »

The great pickle plague of 1843.  It was devastating.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #643 on: September 15, 2016, 08:59:14 am »

Thus the phrase, "We're in a pickle."

Sauer, its not likely you'll see any more folks on the road, on the job or roaming the streets stoned after legalization. However, those who are will likely get ticketed, fired, or referred for rehabilitation rather than a wink and a nod. As a much younger man, I've been drunk and I've been stoned driving, at work and on the street. I was infinitely more dangerous and less productive when I was drunk.

onward...through the fog
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #644 on: September 16, 2016, 04:37:54 am »

The great pickle plague of 1843.  It was devastating.

You can have my pickle when you peel my cold, dead hands off of it.

Ed

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 75   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org