A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:15:42 am
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 75   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Making the Case for Medical Marijuana  (Read 595880 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #495 on: December 19, 2014, 12:17:00 am »

And we just keep on showing the nation and the world why they should all flock to our "shores"....

Well, it was still over half the electorate that voted for the clown.  So, we just can't seem to take off the clown suit and grow up.  Again.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #496 on: December 19, 2014, 09:45:45 am »

Does he remind any of you of a certain "smirking chimp”?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #497 on: December 19, 2014, 09:59:38 am »

George Bush.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #498 on: December 19, 2014, 11:28:04 am »

Pruitt said they are in talks with law enforcement across the state about the extra costs of protecting the border from Colorado marijuana.

So our AG is "pre-suing" for damages he thinks must exist but doesnt offer any proof of.
Whats in the other 100+ pages of this suit?  Maybe a slick ad campaign to counter Faces of Cannabis

We are so on the wrong side of history with this pettiness.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #499 on: December 19, 2014, 12:34:32 pm »

Pruitt said they are in talks with law enforcement across the state about the extra costs of protecting the border from Colorado marijuana.

So our AG is "pre-suing" for damages he thinks must exist but doesnt offer any proof of.
Whats in the other 100+ pages of this suit?  Maybe a slick ad campaign to counter Faces of Cannabis

We are so on the wrong side of history with this pettiness.

So, do we now set up border crossings at the points of entry with Colorado?  String up a border fence?

I’m thinking Pruitt is more like this guy:

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rebound
City Father

« Reply #500 on: December 19, 2014, 01:01:45 pm »

I mean, I get it.  Pot is so hard to come by here in OK that there will be huge flood tide of stoners making the run to CO to bring back some quality weed...

(Sarcasm definitely intended)

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #501 on: December 19, 2014, 01:30:52 pm »

I mean, I get it.  Pot is so hard to come by here in OK that there will be huge flood tide of stoners making the run to CO to bring back some quality weed...

(Sarcasm definitely intended)

I was wondering about that.  Is he being pressured by OK pot growers and Ken Miller that this could really hit OK's economy?
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #502 on: December 19, 2014, 02:17:35 pm »

Quote from: Pruitt says
States Rights! Economic Development!  Will of the People!

Unless we don't like it.  Then screw all of that.  To Uncle Sam to force my will on Colorado!  Tra la la!

Poorly thought out, hypocritical case. Facts aren't clear, law seems shady (Oklahoma doesn't like Colorados law that might affect Oklahoma).  Seems like another in a long line of losers for Oklahoma's Attorney General's office, to along with:

1) Suing Arkansas
2) Suing Texas
3) Suing Uncle same repeatedly
4) Gay marriage
5) 2009 Tort reform
6) 2011 Tort reform
7) Most of the provisions in the new WC law

I dont think Oklahoma requires a state permit for certain types of firearms illegal in other states.  Missouri is one of those states. Can Missouri sue Oklahoma to force Oklahoma to make firearms Missouri doesn't like illegal because some citizen of Missouri might utilize Oklahoma's added freedoms to break the law in Missouri?  Seems crappy to me. Alcohol sales are legal in New Mexico on Sundays... should we sue New Mexico because Oklahomans might go over there and buy beer on Sunday?

Better yet: the reasoning is stupid. More pot coming in to Oklahoma from Colorado?  

Question: How much pot did the average Oklahoma citizen smoke before pot was legal in Colorado?
Answer: however much pot an Oklahoman chose to buy.

Did you ever hear the police say "the war on drugs has been really successful, we've cut down on the pot supply to the point where it is hard to get." Because all of the people I know that smoke(d) pot didn't seem to have a real tough time getting it.  Some of them didn't even have much money, but seemed to be able to obtain and afford marijuana long before it was legal in Colorado.

What makes legal pot in Colorado all of a sudden flood the Oklahoma market? They haven't had time to build up over size grow operations. If anything, one would think the marginal increase in demand (former casual users that are now professionals may rejoin the market and buy recreational marijuana whereas before they had a greater risk of damaging their career with criminal charges, etc.).  One would think an increase in demand would make marijuana harder to come by in neighboring states as Colorado "sucked up" the market supply. Weren't we all told there would be a huge increase in demand and illegal trafficking if we made it legal?

Anyone "know someone" who frequently purchases marijuana and can say if it is easier or harder, cheaper or more expensive to get marijuana in Oklahoma?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #503 on: December 19, 2014, 02:21:09 pm »

He should sue North Korea and Kim Jung Un next for the irreparable economic damage done by the release of “The Interview” being cancelled in Oklahoma theaters.    Shocked

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #504 on: December 19, 2014, 05:30:37 pm »

I was thinking we should sue John Steinbeck for the reputation harm he did to Oklahoma.

Sure he wrote it 75 years ago and the SOL is blown.
Yeah he died 35 years ago.
And there is that whole first amendment crap to deal with.

But I say we go all in!

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #505 on: December 19, 2014, 11:02:05 pm »

Poorly thought out, hypocritical case. Facts aren't clear, law seems shady (Oklahoma doesn't like Colorados law that might affect Oklahoma).  Seems like another in a long line of losers for Oklahoma's Attorney General's office

Too many Oklahomans and Nebraskans are buying weed in Colorado and bringing it back home, and it has made the attorney generals in those states sad. They want Uncle Sam to take Colorado's legal weed away and give it back to the black market so that the drug cartels, corrupt government officials, and the prison industry can go back to business as usual.

http://boingboing.net/2014/12/19/oklahoma-and-nebraska-ask-supr.html

With more than a hundred pages, Pruitt has likely not even read the whole suit, handed down to him from a much-too-powerful-union.

His nose is so far up it, no wonder he Cant Breathe.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #506 on: December 20, 2014, 12:19:41 am »

Well, it was still over half the electorate that voted for the clown.  So, we just can't seem to take off the clown suit and grow up.  Again.

I know. But enough about Obama....

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #507 on: December 20, 2014, 12:26:05 am »

Here is a link to the AG website setting out more than just the above few cherry-picked issues his office has been involved in.

http://www.ok.gov/triton/modules/newsroom/newsroom.php?id=258

For what its worth, I have litigated against the AG office on several occasions. Good lawyers.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #508 on: December 20, 2014, 12:48:36 am »

Oklahoma sues Colorado over legal Cannabis.

Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt argued that under the U.S. Constitution's Supremacy Clause, Colorado's legalization of recreational marijuana is unconstitutional because marijuana remains illegal under federal law.
The clause states that in general, federal law takes precedence over state law.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/18/lawsuit-colorado-marijuana_n_6350162.html

I wonder how Pruitt views states rights on other issues?  Hmmm.

Good question. I wonder how you feel about Oklahomans overwhelmingly voting to oppose gay marriage. How did that work out for them? I bet you really liked the last sentence from that Huffingpaint post:

Our federalist system is based on individual states being able to enact policies that benefit their citizens, without the interference of other states," Polis said.

Apparently you and that congressman did not get the "federal law trumps state" law memo. As an FYI, here's a copy of the petition so you can read for yourself what is really going on--rather than reading some agenda-driven blogger. You may be disappointed as there seems to be no allegations that some cop was randomly beating innocent people for their personal enjoyment...

http://links.govdelivery.com/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTQxMjE4LjM5NTQwNTkxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE0MTIxOC4zOTU0MDU5MSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE3MDIyMDE1JmVtYWlsaWQ9YWFyb24uY29vcGVyQG9hZy5vay5nb3YmdXNlcmlkPWFhcm9uLmNvb3BlckBvYWcub2suZ292JmZsPSZleHRyYT1NdWx0aXZhcmlhdGVJZD0mJiY=&&&101&&&http://www.ok.gov/oag/documents/NE%20%20OK%20v%20%20CO%20-%20Original%20Action.pdf
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 12:54:32 am by guido911 » Logged

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #509 on: December 20, 2014, 01:03:19 pm »

Good question. I wonder how you feel about Oklahomans overwhelmingly voting to oppose gay marriage.

Oklahomans realized their mistake and moved on.  It was a dumbassed move in the first place.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 75   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org