A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:05:40 am
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 75   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Making the Case for Medical Marijuana  (Read 598244 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #150 on: August 21, 2012, 12:42:06 pm »

Yes, because while Republicans are down with smaller Government, it is on the non-"morals" agencies: EPA, DOE, Education, SEC, OMB, IRS, etc etc, and agencies or funded programs that don't support their agenda, primarily Planned Parenthood and any Arts programs.  We must cut costs at any expense... except when the cutting of costs will interfer with campaign contributions.

Exactly.  Vote accordingly.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #151 on: September 07, 2012, 06:53:20 pm »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/07/medical-marijuana-street-dealing_n_1865418.html
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #152 on: September 10, 2012, 06:50:24 pm »

I found out that contrary to what I'd been told, nobody has ever died from using marijuana in the thousands of years this plant has been available. In fact, I had no idea that its medical use dated back to around 2700 B.C. and was called a "superior" herb by the Emperor Shen-Nung (2737-2697 B.C.). I discovered that while I had been demonizing marijuana, thousands of people worldwide had been quietly and effectively curing or relieving a multitude of health problems, including Crohn's disease, migraine headaches, chronic depression, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), insomnia, dementia, epileptic seizures, Parkinson's disease and even AIDS. The more I researched and talked to pro-cannabis physicians, patients, researchers and historians who studied the plant, the more I heard incredible testimonials of recovery from illnesses and mental imbalances in addition to, as one patient told me, "just a better outlook on life."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/laurel-dewey/marijuana-is-not-addictive_b_1739339.html

And that's when I uncovered information that really challenged the stories I'd been told. People were using this "weed" to get off of opiates, alcohol, tobacco, heroin, cocaine and other powerful drugs. Thus, it was gaining traction as "an exit drug," instead of the "gateway drug." Seniors were also secretly using it to improve their cognition. Wait...what? How is that possible? Didn't marijuana make you a "brain-dead loser"? No, not according to the scientific data I discovered. The opposite was true as researchers found that the plant allowed neurogenesis in the brain -- the growth of new neural pathways, even when the brain had been damaged by age or trauma.
  http://www.harmreductionjournal.com/content/6/1/35/
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 06:52:40 pm by Vashta Nerada » Logged
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #153 on: September 10, 2012, 07:43:26 pm »

Just what the sane people have been saying since the 60's.

The "big lie" is what DuPont and Hearst used for decades, and the effort renewed up by Nixon with his "war on drugs".  (His actual phrase was "war on drug abuse").  And now we suffer this massive unwarranted government intrusion into people's private lives.  Amazing how that phrase has become so warped and twisted around by the RWRE...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #154 on: September 10, 2012, 07:47:58 pm »

References....

http://www.amazon.com/Hemp-The-Marijuana-Conspiracy-Authoritative/dp/1878125001

http://www.amazon.com/Hemp-The-Marijuana-Conspiracy-Authoritative/dp/1878125001

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #155 on: November 09, 2012, 01:02:12 pm »

Former Police Chief Melvin Fisher

Free after his suspended 10-year sentence for dealing meth, he is in his own prison.
And you have to wonder why OBNDD makes marijuana a higher priority.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #156 on: November 09, 2012, 01:03:24 pm »

Free after his suspended 10-year sentence for dealing meth, he is in his own prison.

Holy moses
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #157 on: November 09, 2012, 02:50:48 pm »

And he would swear to you that he looks good. It's a crazy addiction.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #158 on: November 09, 2012, 03:09:53 pm »

Ahh another successful user of the Jenny Crank diet plan!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #159 on: November 09, 2012, 03:31:03 pm »

This is what a New York blogger I read had to say about good ol Mel's picture.

Eww gross dude. Clean it up. You’re getting your picture taken for f*ck’s sake. Sure it looks like you just opened the Arc of the Convenant and your face is melting like at the end of Indiana Jones, but how about a smile? No seriously what’s this guy’s diet? AIDS? Is he eating 3 squares of AIDS every day? Or did he turn anorexic because his boyfriend in jail called him fat? Both very viable possibilities.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #160 on: November 09, 2012, 11:54:15 pm »

Hey, Melvin...just hurry up and die so someone more worthy can make use of the oxygen you are wasting!!

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #161 on: November 12, 2012, 07:57:15 pm »

For which he still appears to have ample access.      Professional connections ... sweet.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #162 on: November 13, 2012, 01:12:20 pm »

I think it was an old Saturday Night Live skit where they introduced the "Slim-Crash" diet.  Very simple - and oh, so effective... 

Diet plan;

A deep breath of air for breakfast.
A deep breath of air and a glass of water for lunch.
A sensible Marlboro cigarette for dinner.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #163 on: November 18, 2012, 12:22:46 am »

The Police Guide To Marijuana Use:

http://spdblotter.seattle.gov/2012/11/09/marijwhatnow-a-guide-to-legal-marijuana-use-in-seattle/

Seriously, it's on a government website (so it's gotta be true).  Grin

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #164 on: November 18, 2012, 02:09:34 pm »

Spoiler alert: No, you can't get your pot back if it was previously seized.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 75   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org