A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:33:08 pm
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 75   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Making the Case for Medical Marijuana  (Read 595823 times)
TeeDub
« Reply #420 on: August 21, 2014, 03:50:19 pm »

I guess I'm a old fud-dud I am against legal MJ. We don't need more people in public not thinking clearly or "mellowed out". We have enough problems with alcohol without adding drivers high on MJ to the streets. MJ can stay in your body for over 4 weeks after you last used it and can show up on a drug test. What effect will legal MJ have in the work place is also a serious question, Example:  some guy who gets high over the weekend is now at work Monday morning  driving a fork lift in a warehouse or operating heavy equipment -or  whatever,  do we really want that? Isn't alcohol enough? I do think the penalty for drug use is too stiff I will say that, it does not fit he crime. However Legal drugs no way, Once MJ is legal the camel has his nose under the tent for making other mind altering drugs  legal.

Legalizing it does not mean that you have a right to use it.   Employers can and will still drug test and if you fail, you can/will be fired.   My brother works for a company that has to pass DOT checks.   It's real easy, if you want to work there you have random screenings that you have to pass.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #421 on: August 22, 2014, 09:45:30 am »

Legalizing it does not mean that you have a right to use it.   Employers can and will still drug test and if you fail, you can/will be fired.   My brother works for a company that has to pass DOT checks.   It's real easy, if you want to work there you have random screenings that you have to pass.
But use will increase and it says in your system for over 4 weeks after it was last used. How about inbetween the random drug screens?

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #422 on: August 22, 2014, 09:48:50 am »

The only real danger posed by stoned drivers is them getting rear-ended on the highway.  And really, how much damage can somebody do going 25 MPH?

Seriously though, there are too many logic issues and false arguments raised in your post for reasonable discussion. 

Oh, and as somebody who's been the warehousing and distribution area my entire career, I can assure you that the number of Monday morning fork truck drivers with pot in their systems is already quite high.  (Pun intended...)
Not to mention kids in school zones and cross walks, getting hit by a car doing 25 mph can kill ya and with a brain zoned out who knows what will happen, and that's on top of all the alcohol drivers, car insurance rates will likely go if MJ is made legal too. Drivers have to have a clear brain and give 100% attention to driving something that can't be done with a foggy brain on drugs.

rebound
City Father

« Reply #423 on: August 22, 2014, 10:09:15 am »

Not to mention kids in school zones and cross walks, getting hit by a car doing 25 mph can kill ya and with a brain zoned out who knows what will happen, and that's on top of all the alcohol drivers, car insurance rates will likely go if MJ is made legal too. Drivers have to have a clear brain and give 100% attention to driving something that can't be done with a foggy brain on drugs.

Dude, seriously...   Soooo  many logic flaws and false assumptions...

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #424 on: August 22, 2014, 10:31:18 am »

You really haven't learned anything new since 1936 have you?  (Two full years before the country FINALLY outlawed child labor.)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #425 on: August 22, 2014, 12:31:19 pm »

Dude, seriously...   Soooo  many logic flaws and false assumptions...
The whole reson for making MJ legal is to alter your brain without being charged with a crime, it's a brain altering drug- otherwise no one would be using MJ. The idea is to get high and  that's what MJ is all about --and it stays in your system for over 4 weeks after you last use it. I think there's a song in that too. Smiley

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #426 on: August 22, 2014, 12:34:58 pm »

The whole reson for making MJ legal is to alter your brain without being charged with a crime, it's a brain altering drug- otherwise no one would be using MJ. The idea is to get high and  that's what MJ is all about --and it stays in your system for over 4 weeks after you last use it. I think there's a song in that too. Smiley

Alcohol does short term and permanent impairment to the brain, ergo a brain-altering drug.  Yet, it’s perfectly legal.  The “four week” residual you keep referring to is not a residual high.  You can smoke a joint at night, wake up the next morning and no ill after effects.  How productive and alert do you think people are with a bad hangover from getting drunk the night before?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #427 on: August 22, 2014, 12:41:44 pm »

Alcohol does short term and permanent impairment to the brain, ergo a brain-altering drug.  Yet, it’s perfectly legal.  The “four week” residual you keep referring to is not a residual high.  You can smoke a joint at night, wake up the next morning and no ill after effects.  How productive and alert do you think people are with a bad hangover from getting drunk the night before?

Like beating your head against a wall, isn't it?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #428 on: August 22, 2014, 12:42:56 pm »

Like beating your head against a wall, isn't it?

All ya can do is run with it and try to have a little fun along the way....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #429 on: September 25, 2014, 09:28:08 am »

I'll make another case against the legalization of MJ- Turns out driver Kevin Ward who was killed on the race track after getting out of his car used MJ, it altered his brains thinking pattern- the #1 rule in racing is you never get out of your car, but when have MJ in your body you do crazy things and that cost him his life, with MJ in his system Kevin Ward got out of his car.. The same things will happen on our city streets if we make MJ legal-  drivers doing crazy things while driving with legal MJ in their system. I understand the car accident rate in Colorado already increased since MJ became legal there. Why do people feel the need to live life in some altered brain state anyhow? Isn't alcohol enough of a buzz? There is no clear answer of what will happen in the workplace with legal MJ, fork lift drivers who used MJ over the weekend, machine operators and the like. Employer Drug testing can pick up MJ in the body  4 weeks or more after it was last used.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 09:31:35 am by sauerkraut » Logged

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #430 on: September 25, 2014, 09:34:55 am »

I'll make another case against the legalization of MJ- Turns out driver Kevin Ward who was killed on the race track after getting out of his car used MJ, it altered his brains thinking pattern- the #1 rule in racing is you never get out of your car, but when have MJ in your body you do crazy things and that cost him his life, with MJ in his system Kevin Ward got out of his car.. The same things will happen on our city streets if we make MJ legal-  drivers doing crazy things while driving with legal MJ in their system. I understand the car accident rate in Colorado already increased since MJ became legal there. Why do people feel the need to live life in some altered brain state anyhow? Isn't alcohol enough of a buzz? There is no clear answer of what will happen in the workplace with legal MJ, fork lift drivers who used MJ over the weekend, machine operators and the like. Employer Drug testing can pick up MJ in the body  4 weeks or more after it was last used.

But the cases you make always sound so damned mentally stunted it's as if you are a major burner yourself. 

How can you be against it when you seem to love it so much?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #431 on: September 25, 2014, 10:08:43 am »

Actually, no, the accident rate has not been linked to pot use since metabolites of pot stay in the system for weeks, though the user is not “under the influence” after several hours.

http://www.vox.com/2014/9/15/6152309/Colorado-marijuana-DUI-car-accidents-crashes

Colorado’s rate of fatal accidents is actually down by record numbers comparing July 2014 all the way back to July 2002.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2014/08/05/since-marijuana-legalization-highway-fatalities-in-colorado-are-at-near-historic-lows/

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #432 on: September 25, 2014, 11:10:40 am »

Obviously could not have been that much of an effect, else he would have been chill enough to sit there rather than getting all "Mr. Macho" and get out on the track to try to confront Stewart.

sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #433 on: September 25, 2014, 01:59:47 pm »

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_25770838/more-colorado-drivers-fatal-crashes-postive-pot-study   >>> This is not rocket science if you take any substance that alters your brain & thinking patterns and drive a car under that substance it's not going to make ya a safer driver. With more people using pot and driving guess what? Cheesy

sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #434 on: September 25, 2014, 02:01:30 pm »

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/05/140515173507.htm

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 75   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org