A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:51:23 am
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 75   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Making the Case for Medical Marijuana  (Read 604059 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #405 on: August 15, 2014, 11:02:37 am »

That’ll never play with Uncle Kimchi.

“I am personally not for legalizing marijuana in the state of Oklahoma.” Fallin said (last fall).
FOX23 asked Fallin again Thursday in Tulsa.
“Actually I never said whether I was for or against it. I haven’t changed my mind on anything. What I have said is that I am against legalizing marijuana and the petitions that are out there right now legalizing marijuana for any reason,” Fallin said.

“I would guess this has something to do with the fact that we’ve registered 40,000 new pro-marijuana voters,” Paul said.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #406 on: August 15, 2014, 11:06:51 am »

“I am personally not for legalizing marijuana in the state of Oklahoma.” Fallin said (last fall).
FOX23 asked Fallin again Thursday in Tulsa.
“Actually I never said whether I was for or against it. I haven’t changed my mind on anything. What I have said is that I am against legalizing marijuana and the petitions that are out there right now legalizing marijuana for any reason,” Fallin said.

“I would guess this has something to do with the fact that we’ve registered 40,000 new pro-marijuana voters,” Paul said.

If they did really register that many, than Mary is probably doomed given that her opponent, Joe Dorman authored the bill currently being considered.  It's likely too little too late for her and I for one would not miss her.

One other thing I've noticed is that two years ago, being 'against Obamacare' was quite the calling-card on campaign ads..meaning emphasis was given to that particular phrase when pitching the sale.  Hers barely glosses over it in less than a second bundled up into other word salad.  Wonder why that is?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #407 on: August 15, 2014, 01:52:19 pm »

One other thing I've noticed is that two years ago, being 'against Obamacare' was quite the calling-card on campaign ads..meaning emphasis was given to that particular phrase when pitching the sale.  Hers barely glosses over it in less than a second bundled up into other word salad.  Wonder why that is?

She is starting to understand the everyone who believed that nonsense is now starting to understand how badly "it's just one more thing she did to hurt Oklahoma".... let's hope there are enough voters go to the polls who have figured it out.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #408 on: August 15, 2014, 02:59:24 pm »

Aww Dang! Looks like a no go on the ballot vote.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/government/medical-marijuana-supporters-say-they-don-t-have-enough-petition/article_21f6625b-122b-5d64-a65d-f9e597f70cbe.html

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #409 on: August 15, 2014, 04:21:04 pm »

That doesn't make it a non issue and doesn't mean something can't be done legislatively.  I know a family who has packed up and moved to Colorado because their daughter was having over 50 seizures a day and found that the CBD reduced that to about 1 every two days.  This is going to be a heated topic I think, and in fairly short order.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #410 on: August 15, 2014, 05:44:01 pm »

That doesn't make it a non issue and doesn't mean something can't be done legislatively.  I know a family who has packed up and moved to Colorado because their daughter was having over 50 seizures a day and found that the CBD reduced that to about 1 every two days.  This is going to be a heated topic I think, and in fairly short order.

Sorry Hoss, I doubt it.  People will need to leave Oklahoma for decades to come.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #411 on: August 16, 2014, 07:10:24 am »

Sorry Hoss, I doubt it.  People will need to leave Oklahoma for decades to come.

Why can't it be the Failin', Kern, Inhofe types who leave??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #412 on: August 16, 2014, 09:55:23 am »

Sounds like CBD has a fighting chance, just not other forms with high amounts of THC.  Can’t have people in pain getting stoned, don’t ya know?  Better to hook them on more and more opiates as they destroy their internal organs and have to take higher dosages to attain the same relief over time.

I for one, am a person who does not respond as intended with opiates.  It does so little to contain pain for me, I simply elect to take analgesics post surgery or injury rather than do more damage to my body with that crap.  When I was having chronic back issues about 6 years ago, a little MJ at night was the only relief I could get.  When I dislocated my right shoulder a few weeks ago, the Dr. kept trying to push “low dose” narcotics on me for the pain on a follow-up visit the day after the incident happened.  I had to tell him thee times very emphatically that wasn’t going to happen. 

That is one thing no one is addressing:  I’ve never heard any evidence of people developing a tolerance to the effects of MJ like they do prescription narcotics or even street heroin.  It’s also amazing the amount of unfounded BS law enforcement and the private prison lobby spew about MJ.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #413 on: August 16, 2014, 10:14:48 pm »

It’s also amazing the amount of unfounded BS law enforcement and the private prison lobby spew about MJ.

Apparently there is all sorts of grant money available to "officials" who push deceptive terms like "fake pot" to the media.
Since marijuana isnt sending kids to the ER, why not plant the association with something that is into the public's minds?

Next time you hear some idiot use the bogus term "Synthetic Marijuana," call them out.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #414 on: August 17, 2014, 08:42:59 am »

Sounds like CBD has a fighting chance, just not other forms with high amounts of THC.  Can’t have people in pain getting stoned, don’t ya know?  Better to hook them on more and more opiates as they destroy their internal organs and have to take higher dosages to attain the same relief over time.

I for one, am a person who does not respond as intended with opiates.  It does so little to contain pain for me, I simply elect to take analgesics post surgery or injury rather than do more damage to my body with that crap.  When I was having chronic back issues about 6 years ago, a little MJ at night was the only relief I could get.  When I dislocated my right shoulder a few weeks ago, the Dr. kept trying to push “low dose” narcotics on me for the pain on a follow-up visit the day after the incident happened.  I had to tell him thee times very emphatically that wasn’t going to happen.  

That is one thing no one is addressing:  I’ve never heard any evidence of people developing a tolerance to the effects of MJ like they do prescription narcotics or even street heroin.  It’s also amazing the amount of unfounded BS law enforcement and the private prison lobby spew about MJ.

Be very careful here - you are treading into a maze of progressive thoughts and beliefs that may actually complete your transition from Republican to a rational thinker!!

Also, please note I did NOT say transition to Democrat....

TeeDub
« Reply #415 on: August 18, 2014, 07:00:05 pm »

If I had ever seen anyone pushing the petition I would have signed it.   How many signatures short are they?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #416 on: August 18, 2014, 08:24:42 pm »

No idea.  I signed it at the home brew store.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #417 on: August 21, 2014, 09:27:04 am »

I guess I'm a old fud-dud I am against legal MJ. We don't need more people in public not thinking clearly or "mellowed out". We have enough problems with alcohol without adding drivers high on MJ to the streets. MJ can stay in your body for over 4 weeks after you last used it and can show up on a drug test. What effect will legal MJ have in the work place is also a serious question, Example:  some guy who gets high over the weekend is now at work Monday morning  driving a fork lift in a warehouse or operating heavy equipment -or  whatever,  do we really want that? Isn't alcohol enough? I do think the penalty for drug use is too stiff I will say that, it does not fit he crime. However Legal drugs no way, Once MJ is legal the camel has his nose under the tent for making other mind altering drugs  legal.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 09:29:44 am by sauerkraut » Logged

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #418 on: August 21, 2014, 10:14:05 am »

I guess I'm a old fud-dud I am against legal MJ. We don't need more people in public not thinking clearly or "mellowed out". We have enough problems with alcohol without adding drivers high on MJ to the streets. MJ can stay in your body for over 4 weeks after you last used it and can show up on a drug test. What effect will legal MJ have in the work place is also a serious question, Example:  some guy who gets high over the weekend is now at work Monday morning  driving a fork lift in a warehouse or operating heavy equipment -or  whatever,  do we really want that? Isn't alcohol enough? I do think the penalty for drug use is too stiff I will say that, it does not fit he crime. However Legal drugs no way, Once MJ is legal the camel has his nose under the tent for making other mind altering drugs  legal.

That’s the same lame logic on gay marriage.  “Now people will marry their dogs and horses!”

If one is to apply the “gateway drug” theory, then 3.2 beer should be outlawed in Oklahoma.  God only knows how many alcoholics started out taking a sip off their old man’s Falstaff or Schlitz.

Legalizing pot doesn’t make people more likely to use it than those who already do or will eventually use it.  It simply lifts the veil of lawlessness associated with it’s use and possession.  I used to use it, and if it were made legal, I would not use it for recreational purposes ever again.

If you are truly the fiscal conservative you claim to be, legalizing MJ is a smart move: we waste untold millions of taxpayer dollars on policing, prosecution, and imprisoning users.  People die due to underground trafficking which is necessary because of it’s illegality.  Secondly, if you bring it out of the dark like they have in Washington and Colorado, it can be taxed and regulated which raises revenue.

rebound
City Father

« Reply #419 on: August 21, 2014, 10:22:44 am »

The only real danger posed by stoned drivers is them getting rear-ended on the highway.  And really, how much damage can somebody do going 25 MPH?

Seriously though, there are too many logic issues and false arguments raised in your post for reasonable discussion. 

Oh, and as somebody who's been the warehousing and distribution area my entire career, I can assure you that the number of Monday morning fork truck drivers with pot in their systems is already quite high.  (Pun intended...)

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 75   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org