A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:34:55 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TOM COBURN IS THE WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD  (Read 3800 times)
fotd
DONE
Civic Leader

« on: April 09, 2010, 10:58:23 am »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFaRdJJCkFY&feature=youtube_gdata[/youtube]

Well said....
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 07:31:50 pm »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=336&articleid=20110818_16_A14_CUTLIN497125

Did Coburn actually say these things? Does he not realize how he says what he means or does he care what kind of example he sets as a US Senate leader?

Do you think this is admirable? Do you agree with what he says here?

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 07:42:16 pm »

You didn't seem to care when you where helping to spread the doom and gloom scenario in 2007 which helped ensure a real recession.  All you wanted to do was bring down the Busheviks.

Look, Obama has had the reins for over 2.5 years now and he's famously dithered on the economy while putting more emphasis on his idealistic issues.  This is the result of your wasted vote in 2008.  Sack up and admit your mistake.  You probably voted for Screwy Dewey too.

Bad, bad clown!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 07:48:10 pm »

Does anybody really believe that two and one half years would pull us out of the Great Recession? Did anybody believe the GOP had any intention on working with this administration to spur employment and protect our long standing social safety net?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 07:55:11 pm »

Does anybody really believe that two and one half years would pull us out of the Great Recession? Did anybody believe the GOP had any intention on working with this administration to spur employment and protect our long standing social safety net?

Based on current job approval ratings, it would appear most people believed this, because he's in the crapper.  Since I don't care to Google quotes at the moment, I believe we were assured we'd see a major turn-around in a year to two years after he took office but I won't claim it since I don't care to back it up. 

The current forecasts look like complete smile for the next couple of years.  I'm preparing for the worst.  I'm getting word from people who could spend money right now who aren't that they don't plan to for some time.  The recent market gyrations, jobless claims rising, etc. has the herd even more scared than late '08.  Get ready for a marked drop in capital expenditures and expansions.  The smart ones who have cash on hand are waiting for fire sales in another year or two from the less fortunate.

I'm always optimistic, but for the first time in my adult life, I'm truly concerned about the economic climate.  I've always done fine through any gyration.  May not be okay this time around.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 08:00:55 pm »

"I'm always optimistic, but for the first time in my adult life, I'm truly concerned about the economic climate." Did you know Kudlow said that exact phrase today?

Last year at this time, we saw the same market gyrations. Do you think now's the time to separate men from boys? Do you believe in stimulating the economy through monetary process? What do you think of the Republican attack on the Fed?

Let's stay on topic. What do you think of Coburn's comment about bringing a gun into the Senate chambers?
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 08:03:59 pm »

I wish this stock market dive had happened about this time in June, before our company stock purchase plan made the buy.  The run up in June gave the highest prices in quite a while for the 30 June buy.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 08:05:36 pm »

"I'm always optimistic, but for the first time in my adult life, I'm truly concerned about the economic climate." Did you know Kudlow said that exact phrase today?

Last year at this time, we saw the same market gyrations. Do you think now's the time to separate men from boys? Do you believe in stimulating the economy through monetary process? What do you think of the Republican attack on the Fed?

Let's stay on topic. What do you think of Coburn's comment about bringing a gun into the Senate chambers?

Kudlow is channeling me?  I honestly don't know that I've ever tuned in to Kudlow.  Is he/she on cable or radio?  Wasn't she the dumb blonde on Friends?

That isn't talking points, that's what the real fear is amongst those of us who work and deal with people who spend large amounts of money on capital equipment.  It's real world for me.  I could care less what talking heads are saying, they only care about getting their man (or woman) elected. I've got two kids to get finished up in college then worry about funding my waning years.

I wasn't aware Coburn talking about bringing guns in to the chamber was the topic.  You cited a whole article, I thought I was free to pick and choose just like you did.

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 08:08:26 pm »

I wish this stock market dive had happened about this time in June, before our company stock purchase plan made the buy.  The run up in June gave the highest prices in quite a while for the 30 June buy.

Why did S and P wait to adjust their rating opinion until after the debt ceiling was raised? Did they knew back in May what they knew at the time they lowered the rating? Do you think they were on top of their own ratings of mortgage backed securities and derivatives?

This will pass.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 08:09:34 pm »

I wasn't aware Coburn talking about bringing guns in to the chamber was the topic.  You cited a whole article, I thought I was free to pick and choose just like you did.

What did I pick and choose?
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 09:03:04 pm »

What do you make of this "casual racism?" http://current.com/shows/countdown/videos/worst-persons-ray-sandoval-mitt-romney-and-sen-tom-coburn

2:10 mark on....KO'ed!

Shootout fantasies.....

Rachel does it better. Don't you think?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/44197900#44197900
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 09:26:15 pm by Teatownclown » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2011, 09:18:22 pm »

What did I pick and choose?

Uh, I dunno, this 23 word sentence out of a 750 or so word article which covered lots of ground.  If you simply would have mentioned the issue of bringing a gun into the Senate in the first place, I'd have addressed it.  I thought you were talking about the crux of the article which appears to be on the economy and the failed policies of our President.

The sentence you appear to be most concerned about:

"and at one point, talking about his frustrations, said, "It's just a good thing I can't pack a gun on the Senate floor."

Seriously man, Madcow is a total waste of an otherwise good mind.

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2011, 09:27:48 pm »

Uh, I dunno, this 23 word sentence out of a 750 or so word article which covered lots of ground.  If you simply would have mentioned the issue of bringing a gun into the Senate in the first place, I'd have addressed it.  I thought you were talking about the crux of the article which appears to be on the economy and the failed policies of our President.

The sentence you appear to be most concerned about:

"and at one point, talking about his frustrations, said, "It's just a good thing I can't pack a gun on the Senate floor."

Seriously man, Madcow is a total waste of an otherwise good mind.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/44197900#44197900

Watch this one.....Why do you turn your head and cough when it comes to this doctor?
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2011, 09:37:34 pm »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/post/what-coburn-really-said-about-obama-race-and-dependency/2011/03/03/gIQAdBywNJ_blog.html

What Coburn really said about Obama, race, and dependency

CLUMSEY! (I'd be careful letting him operate on you as well as our laws)....

Are you nostalgic about ending medicare? Americans love social security and medicare.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2011, 11:10:47 pm »

Is it just me or is this topic a complete

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org