A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:15:30 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Home and Auto Insurance  (Read 7583 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2011, 10:08:24 am »

The drought of 1980 wrecked a lot of foundations around Tulsa.  When you find a 30+ year old home that's been piered in this area, it's most likely from that year.  I've been moving soakers around the foundation for weeks at my place.

For me, being on pier and beam (I have a two foot crawlspace under the house) has been a bit of a blessing this summer.  I know MANY people on slab foundations who have been spending an inordinate amount of time soaking the soil around their foundations.  I've been watering around it, but not drenching.  I've been ok sofar.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2011, 01:50:00 pm »

For me, being on pier and beam (I have a two foot crawlspace under the house) has been a bit of a blessing this summer.  I know MANY people on slab foundations who have been spending an inordinate amount of time soaking the soil around their foundations.  I've been watering around it, but not drenching.  I've been ok sofar.
Yes, I never knew a crawl space was so much better than a slab till I was house hunting and my agent told me about it, many slab homes I looked had had massive cracks in the plaster & bricks.. I also have a high crawl space in my house  it's over 2' off the ground. My house is from the mid-1950's. As they say -The two words that frighten any home owner are "Foundation Problems"..

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2011, 02:20:52 pm »

Slab or crawl...Either can have troubles.....Both are still supported by footings......

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2011, 02:40:57 pm »

Slab or crawl...Either can have troubles.....Both are still supported by footings......

True, but slab has more surface area on the ground....like, all of it.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2011, 01:17:54 pm »

The problem homes we looked at before I bought my house in 2009 were around Mingo South of Adm. streets like S. 2nd & S. 4th (east of Mingo) and homes on 101st ave, some had valted ceilings and were built in the 1970's, many had huge cracks over a inch wide, my real estate agent told me to forget those homes. The valted ceiling home had doors that would not close and a huge crack in the ceiling of the living room, cracks were even on the bricks so something shifted big time in that foundation. She told me that area always had alot of foundation problems.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org