A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:55:39 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I-44 Corridor through "Tulsa"  (Read 26534 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2011, 10:34:55 am »

When we go we are visiting friends in Prairie Village which is just on east of the border of KS/MO.  Usually stay downtown at either Phillips or now the new Hilton President.

Do you think its faster to get to the downtown area via Carthage/US 71?

Probably not, but I wasn't going downtown on the outset of the trip.  Usually wound up staying out by the Downtown airport.  I went with gamblers, dontcha know, so we wanted to stay by the Station (Ameristar now I believe) so we usually stayed out in North KC or somewhere near Randolph.  But US71 has no slowdowns that I can recall.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
rdj
City Father

« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2011, 01:17:28 pm »

Last fall 169 had quite a bit of construction and it added about 30-45 minutes to the trip because of the detour.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2011, 03:25:21 pm »

I've taken just about every combination of 169, I-44, 69, 75, 71 (and even I-35) to get to various parts of KC

Just sticking to 169 seems to be the best route regardless.   I'm usually told I'm an idiot by the take I-44 to 71 croud.
Here me out:

Google gives 3 suggestions
  • I-44 E and US-71 N - 271 mi, 4 hours 22 mins
  • I-44 E and US-69 N - 254 mi, 4 hours 25 mins
  • US-169 N - 244 mi, 4 hours 22 mins

It would usually take me 3 hours and 45 min to get to my destination no matter which route I would take.
The 71 route is the longest (distance wise) and involves a toll road.   The only convenient "potty break" is the Vinita McDonalds

169:  Coffeyville has several rest-stop options, There's a Gas station right at the Garnett, KS split that seems to be super convenient.    And there are several other clean gas-stations along the way (such as Iola I think).   Yes, there's a fair amount of 2 lane road, and a couple speed traps to be aware of, but, it's no slower that the other routes and it offers a little bit of "scenery" and munchy/restroom options along the way.

Worst route:  US-75

Note:  My vote of 169 definitely did not apply during the big crappy detour that added 30 minutes
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 03:30:25 pm by BKDotCom » Logged
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2011, 04:20:51 pm »

I've taken just about every combination of 169, I-44, 69, 75, 71 (and even I-35) to get to various parts of KC

Just sticking to 169 seems to be the best route regardless.   I'm usually told I'm an idiot by the take I-44 to 71 croud.
Here me out:

Google gives 3 suggestions
  • I-44 E and US-71 N - 271 mi, 4 hours 22 mins
  • I-44 E and US-69 N - 254 mi, 4 hours 25 mins
  • US-169 N - 244 mi, 4 hours 22 mins

It would usually take me 3 hours and 45 min to get to my destination no matter which route I would take.
The 71 route is the longest (distance wise) and involves a toll road.   The only convenient "potty break" is the Vinita McDonalds

169:  Coffeyville has several rest-stop options, There's a Gas station right at the Garnett, KS split that seems to be super convenient.    And there are several other clean gas-stations along the way (such as Iola I think).   Yes, there's a fair amount of 2 lane road, and a couple speed traps to be aware of, but, it's no slower that the other routes and it offers a little bit of "scenery" and munchy/restroom options along the way.

Worst route:  US-75

Note:  My vote of 169 definitely did not apply during the big crappy detour that added 30 minutes

Not sure about the convenenient potty break on 71.  There are several locations in Nevada MO right off the 71 exit

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org