A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:02:12 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WildBrew is this Saturday!  (Read 5191 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« on: July 28, 2011, 02:57:05 pm »

Anyone going?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 02:59:31 pm »

I used to every year when I had an in.

Tough to justify $65 a ticket.

Get's too crowded with all the people who are let in as friends.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 03:24:20 pm »

I gets the free tickets....!!!!!

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 03:28:12 pm »

I gets the free tickets....!!!!!

That's the justifiable situation.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 03:56:25 pm »

I love this party. If you want to see people over 40 drinking too much and dancing wildly, this is the place.

I love the restaurants and the beers. I have the figure to prove it. This annual party is such a great place to try samples of both. I don't usually have much taste in these matters (McNuggets and Miller beer for dinner last night), but this party makes me really taste some wonderful beers. Every year I get a little more sophisticated.

It is also THE party to be seen. There are always 2,000 or more people in attendance and it is a who's who of Tulsa. I will see judges, bankers, and lawyers mingling with low-lifes like us environmentalists, media folk and politicians. If I were running for office, I would buy twenty tickets for friends and make them wear my election t-shirts.  

I once asked a bunch of people to name their ten best parties of the year and this one always makes the list.

On a personal note, the best recycling effort each year goes to the Wild Brew organizing committee. I loan them containers and trailers and they get volunteers to recycle every bottle. They put each back in the cardboard case and we recycle it as well.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 07:28:27 pm »

$65 admission is just the start.  I would need a taxi to get home.  Either that or it would be a waste of $65.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 08:47:45 pm »

Quit going after I almost needed a wheel barrow to carry me out of there.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 08:55:14 pm »

Come on Red and guido...make it this Saturday and I will be your driver...

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 09:02:21 pm »

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking."

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 06:35:32 am »

My wife is not a big beer fan, so she is my designated driver.  Sometimes she gets the honor of driving some of my friends too.  This typically involves a stop for tacos and lots of laughter.

I'm sure she really loves it behind that frown!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 07:16:29 am »

I am the designated driver often. I just weigh a lot and don't drink very much. Last year at Wild Brew I tried about ten beers, but only had an ounce or two of each. I drank diet soda for the last two hours before I drove.

I just don't ever get real drunk anymore. When I was a young man it was a goal many a night, but now that I am old, I just can't recover.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 08:08:10 am »

I am the designated driver often. I just weigh a lot and don't drink very much. Last year at Wild Brew I tried about ten beers, but only had an ounce or two of each. I drank diet soda for the last two hours before I drove.

I just don't ever get real drunk anymore. When I was a young man it was a goal many a night, but now that I am old, I just can't recover.

For me it was almost an instant change from when I turned 35.  Before that, I could pull a near-allnighter and operate at work on 2 hours (sometimes less) of sleep by eating about 4 aspirin right before I fell asleep/passed out.

Now, the goal isn't to get drunk, but to 'relax'.  Typically, the hardest drinking I will do involves friends' birthdays, an establishment just south of the I-44 overpass on Sheridan, and a lot of glitter.  I haven't done that in over a year now, and I really don't miss it (the drinking part that is).

I have to be careful; my father was an alcoholic, and I know there is that propensity for it to be genetic.  There are weekends I can polish a six-pack of Marshalls off in one night.  Then I go through times where a six pack will last me two weeks or more.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2011, 08:20:43 am »

Then I go through times where a six pack will last me two weeks or more.

That's criminal...

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2011, 08:27:56 am »

That's criminal...

I know, I know...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org