A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:45:22 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Councilor Medlock replies ...  (Read 15576 times)
rwarn17588
« on: September 08, 2004, 08:57:07 pm »

As followers of this forum know, I e-mailed the five controversial Tulsa City Council members and asked what exactly their goals are for the city. Mr. Medlock replied today (he is the first to do so), and his remarks indicates he is following this forum.

Here is his reply:

I have been following the Tulsa Now forum topic which has led to this e-mail.  Sorry I've been so slow in responding, but I have been in NYC at the GOP National Convention.

While I understand your interest in our positions, it would be difficult and somewhat inefficient for me to produce a policy manifesto for a handful of albeit knowledgeable citizens.  In lieu of spending the hours it would take to do your questions justice, I am having lunch with Jamie Jamieson this Friday.  It is my hope that he and I can arrange an opportunity for me...and perhaps another councilor or two...to speak to Tulsa Now and other groups that are interested in Urban Development issues.

We are eager to explain the rationale behind our actions in a forum that provides us both the time for reasoned discussion, as well as, a channel to the public which is unfiltered by media bias (which certainly abounds on these issues).

Please feel free to give me a call at any time, if you would like to have a discussion...

Chris Medlock
District 2
(O) 596-1922
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org