A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:05:20 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rich people like Romney only carry hundred dollar bills  (Read 3451 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: June 21, 2011, 04:45:03 pm »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/romney-sharpens-attack-on-dodd-frank-financial-regulations/2011/06/20/AGPbUwdH_story.html

As he worked the tables at Brewery Bar, a Mexican joint in an Aurora strip mall, Romney was loose and appeared at ease, posing for pictures, signing baseball hats and dipping into a bowl of guacamole.

At one table, a boy offered Romney a $1 bill that he had folded origami-style for good luck. The candidate happily accepted it, but then rifled through his wallet looking for money to give the boy in return. Romney had a $100 bill, but evidently did not want to give that away. An aide handed him a $1 bill, but Romney said that wasn’t enough.

Then, deep inside his leather billfold, Romney found a $5 bill. “We’ll give you an Abraham Lincoln back,” he said, handing it to the boy.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 10:00:41 am »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/romney-sharpens-attack-on-dodd-frank-financial-regulations/2011/06/20/AGPbUwdH_story.html

As he worked the tables at Brewery Bar, a Mexican joint in an Aurora strip mall, Romney was loose and appeared at ease, posing for pictures, signing baseball hats and dipping into a bowl of guacamole.

At one table, a boy offered Romney a $1 bill that he had folded origami-style for good luck. The candidate happily accepted it, but then rifled through his wallet looking for money to give the boy in return. Romney had a $100 bill, but evidently did not want to give that away. An aide handed him a $1 bill, but Romney said that wasn’t enough.

Then, deep inside his leather billfold, Romney found a $5 bill. “We’ll give you an Abraham Lincoln back,” he said, handing it to the boy.

Last I checked our current president is rich too.  I bet he's got 100 bills in his wallet as well.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 10:02:16 am »

Maybe we should teach them about technology and how dirty money is.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 10:18:09 am »

Money is full of germs.  Give me your money and play it safe.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 10:22:34 am »

Money is full of germs.  Give me your money and play it safe.

There's got to be a newer one.

The prophesies on them, the cocaine, the sparkles and stripper oil...just like a televangelist.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 11:29:20 am »

Money is the route of all evil. Send $9.95 for more info.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 11:33:11 am »

Money is the route of all evil.  Learn how to become a Millionaire,  Send $9.95 for more info.

While your first statement is (may be) true, people will be more likely to send money using my statement.   Cheesy

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 11:57:40 am »

While your first statement is (may be) true, people will be more likely to send money using my statement.   Cheesy

But wait. . .There's more. . .

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 12:21:05 pm »

Last I checked our current president is rich too.  I bet he's got 100 bills in his wallet as well.

Yes...He's done very well in real estate....

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 01:30:57 pm »

Yes...He's done very well in real estate....

Yeah, but he's living in government housing right now  Wink

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 03:07:25 pm »

I hear he's on a fixed income.

Perhaps he knows how to fix income?

I tend to like people who are better at making money than they are at spending it.  Hmmm.  Undecided

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org