A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:32:15 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Busted!  (Read 12048 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 08:43:48 pm »

Someone is slipping off into old behaviors...

Thought so myself.

What was that over/under again?....

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 10:24:43 pm »

So, do I have to apologize for John Lennon (for you Nixon lovers) or apologize for the Oklahoma penal system that allows government outsourcing to Corporate Prisons who need a steady stream of female clients?

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 11:10:23 pm »

So, do I have to apologize for John Lennon (for you Nixon lovers) or apologize for the Oklahoma penal system that allows government outsourcing to Corporate Prisons who need a steady stream of female clients?

Just accuse someone of hacking your account already...please.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 11:17:09 pm »

Just accuse someone of hacking your account already...please.

The corner cop?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySlZdASmGCM&feature=related[/youtube]
Or Foo Head?
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2011, 08:34:11 am »

Is it almost time again?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2011, 08:40:23 am »

Is it almost time again?

It appears it's getting there.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2011, 11:52:06 am »

He has to hold on for at least one more month so I can win a bet.

Fingers crossed!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2011, 09:27:57 am »

And they never let them out, either - can't lose a tenant, now, cuz you can't collect rent after they're paroled.
Profiting from incarceration is profiting from crime. To increase revenues, it makes business sense to push for more reasons to lock people up for longer periods of time. We are now No.1 in incarceration per capita. Next time you travel, remember that Sodexho, the big Private Prison Operator, also owns Marriot Hotels. Gives a bit of a different spin on the "Hospitality Industry", no? Paying prisons on an occupancy basis (like hotels) guarantees folks will be caged in both larger numbers and for longer periods of time... with anti rehabilitation being the big payoff since prisoners will most likely return that way.... as well as the expenses which go with it.

Surprise, Republicans Lied to Us: Private Prisons Don't Save Money
http://www.alternet.org/newsandviews/article/593506/surprise%2C_republicans_lied_to_us%3A_private_prisons_don%27t_save_money/#paragraph4
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2011, 02:20:07 pm »

And they never let them out, either - can't lose a tenant, now, cuz you can't collect rent after they're paroled.
Profiting from incarceration is profiting from crime. To increase revenues, it makes business sense to push for more reasons to lock people up for longer periods of time. We are now No.1 in incarceration per capita. Next time you travel, remember that Sodexho, the big Private Prison Operator, also owns Marriot Hotels. Gives a bit of a different spin on the "Hospitality Industry", no? Paying prisons on an occupancy basis (like hotels) guarantees folks will be caged in both larger numbers and for longer periods of time... with anti rehabilitation being the big payoff since prisoners will most likely return that way.... as well as the expenses which go with it.

Surprise, Republicans Lied to Us: Private Prisons Don't Save Money
http://www.alternet.org/newsandviews/article/593506/surprise%2C_republicans_lied_to_us%3A_private_prisons_don%27t_save_money/#paragraph4

It's rare operational out-sourcing or contracting ever saves money at least for prisons and hospitals.  Companies like Service Master and CCA will show all sorts of hopeful accounting speculation to make it look like you will wind up saving money and it's rare that ever happens.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 06:47:39 pm by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2011, 02:32:44 pm »

Next time you travel, remember that Sodexho, the big Private Prison Operator, also owns Marriot Hotels. Gives a bit of a different spin on the "Hospitality Industry", no?

No, not accurate, not true at all, sorry. I'm on your side here mostly, but this is just false. Sodexo is a massive world wide company whose products usually suck, but they are not a "big Private Prison Operator" and they don't own Marriott hotels. 
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2011, 03:36:29 pm »

No, not accurate, not true at all, sorry. I'm on your side here mostly, but this is just false. Sodexo is a massive world wide company whose products usually suck, but they are not a "big Private Prison Operator" and they don't own Marriott hotels. 

http://sdxwatch.org/2010/12/08/report-on-sodexo-and-private-prisons-poor-services-and-unsafe-conditions/

http://www.caterersearch.com/Articles/2010/11/01/335718/Sodexo-renames-prison-business-Sodexo-Justice-Services.htm

No, they do not own Marriott but they own hotels with their tag (franchisee) and are in bed with them.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2011, 07:59:44 am »

You said they owned Marriott, they do not. While I have no idea if they own a hotel here or there that's branded as a Marriott, I kind of doubt it because that's not the kind of business Sodoxo is in. Why don't you tell us which Marriott hotels Sodexo owns?

And calling Sodexo "The Large Private Prison Operator" is false, while they provide food services in many prisons around the world, they only run a few prisons directly and it's a tiny part of their business. They are a massive food service and facilities management company that has a small division that runs a few prisons.

And as for the new assertion, that Sodexo is "in bed with with them" (Marriott), what does that even mean? Is Marriott somehow an evil company? I understand that people think that Sodexo is somehow a bad company, but what did Marriott do wrong? And I personally don't think Sodexo is evil, I think some bored college students are just pissed that Sodexo's food is so bad and search far and wide for reasons to beat the company up.

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2011, 11:30:30 am »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmuFTF-z32U[/youtube]

Swake...why so touchy on Sodexo? They thrive as long as prisons do....
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2011, 01:21:05 pm »

Someone is slipping off into old behaviors...

Saw it right off.....

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2011, 03:59:02 pm »

Saw it right off.....

I was starting to think you were toast....dratz.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org