A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:46:49 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: “I’d rather die in midtown than live in south Tulsa”  (Read 44394 times)
tulsagrrl
« on: May 13, 2011, 09:33:50 pm »

No offense, but I saw this at Maple Park the other day (albeit part of the vandalism  Embarrassed ) But where can I buy the t-shirt in a ladies size medium???
dbacks fan
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 09:53:57 pm »

No offense, but I saw this at Maple Park the other day (albeit part of the vandalism  Embarrassed ) But where can I buy the t-shirt in a ladies size medium???

From some one who used to hang out at Cue City on 15th, and the first bar that I hung out in was KL Snoozers, I agree.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 10:22:17 pm »

I want the folks at Boomtown to make a "don't Jenks my midtown (or downtown)" t-shirt. 

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 08:20:41 am »

Wish there were a "like" button here.  +1 to every one of you.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 08:30:32 am »

ah, but where does midtown end and South Tulsa begin?
dbacks fan
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 09:55:15 am »

My $.02, 41st & Yale.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 12:30:26 pm »

And where does midtown begin?

I have been forced to go to downtown a few times in the past month on legal business. Every time I go, I am reminded on why I do not go there. Crappy roads, vacant/deteriorating buildings, beggars...

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 12:45:19 pm »

I seem to remember plenty of crappy roads when I lived out south (and vacant buildings, for that matter, although mostly reused now..and beggars on the highway offramps). I also remember much worse congestion. Maybe there have been some improvements in the last two years?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 03:05:44 pm »

So if death in mid town is preferable to being plunked down in South Tulsa, does that mean the people there are the living dead?  It would go far toward explaining the zombie-like attitudes of some who post here.  Not that I'm suggesting that Guido is a zombie...but then again....

(snicker)

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 03:08:13 pm »

So if death in mid town is preferable to being plunked down in South Tulsa, does that mean the people there are the living dead?  It would go far toward explaining the zombie-like attitudes of some who post here.  Not that I'm suggesting that Guido is a zombie...but then again....

(snicker)
Hey now, I live out south
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2011, 03:50:41 pm »

Not that I'm suggesting that Guido is a zombie...but then again....

(snicker)

lol

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2011, 06:35:52 pm »

(snicker)

If the mid-towners would prefer death, that would make the mid-towners the zombies.
 Grin

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2011, 08:10:57 pm »

If the mid-towners would prefer death, that would make the mid-towners the zombies.
 Grin

Only if the mid-towners deaths turned them into zombies.  Otherwise, they'd just be dead.

Shocked

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2011, 08:16:32 pm »

Actually, I'm more in fear of them suburban zombies.  I mean, think about it.  We have a distinct lack of hipsters out here in sprawlville.  (Superman came from Sprawlville, didn't he?)  If I were to ask one of our coiffed and proper suburban matrons about "Naked Lunch" I could probably expect a visit from the local constabulary again.  So, yes, we have our own sort of zombies too, but they're probably closer to Stepford wives.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2011, 08:19:19 pm »

Actually, I'm more in fear of them suburban zombies.  I mean, think about it.  We have a distinct lack of hipsters out here in sprawlville.  (Superman came from Sprawlville, didn't he?)  If I were to ask one of our coiffed and proper suburban matrons about "Naked Lunch" I could probably expect a visit from the local constabulary again.  So, yes, we have our own sort of zombies too, but they're probably closer to Stepford wives.

Sprawlville was densely populated compared to where Superman lived. (Before going to the big city.)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org