A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:54:42 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Last Nights GOP Debate  (Read 2061 times)
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« on: May 06, 2011, 12:48:55 pm »

Shocking no posts here on last nights debate.

I will take Ron Paul for $5:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ws7Zp41fByE#at=56[/youtube]

My idea of first amendment rights are the same as Ron Paul. I should have the right to self medicate if I'm lucky enough to live to 90. Wink

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 12:59:21 pm »

Ron Paul (historically, I haven't watched this particular clip) takes it too far, though. While I agree that people should be able to put whatever they damn well please in their bodies, I also think that the government should have the power to prevent a person from selling something as a medicine when there's no proof of its safety or efficacy.

As a recreational drug or even just a tasty treat, go wild, but as soon as you start calling it medicine, you're making medical claims that should be backed up by scientific evidence.

Unfortunately, the FDA has been pretty lax lately on keeping people selling dietary supplements from advertising as if they were selling actual medicine.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 01:01:47 pm »

My idea of first amendment rights are the same as Ron Paul. I should have the right to self medicate if I'm lucky enough to live to 90. Wink

I'd rather put the allowable age somewhere around 21, similar to alcohol.   Waiting until 90 is way too long.

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 01:21:09 pm »

I'd rather put the allowable age somewhere around 21, similar to alcohol.   Waiting until 90 is way too long.

You are right. Hell, half the country is strung out on pharmaceuticals.  Shocked
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 01:45:33 pm »

Ron Paul (historically, I haven't watched this particular clip) takes it too far, though. While I agree that people should be able to put whatever they damn well please in their bodies, I also think that the government should have the power to prevent a person from selling something as a medicine when there's no proof of its safety or efficacy.

As a recreational drug or even just a tasty treat, go wild, but as soon as you start calling it medicine, you're making medical claims that should be backed up by scientific evidence.

Unfortunately, the FDA has been pretty lax lately on keeping people selling dietary supplements from advertising as if they were selling actual medicine.

I was amazed at the number of medical MJ places in Colorado.  Wonder how hard it is to get a doctor's note saying you have anxiety or insomnia?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
runfromtulsa
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 06:09:37 pm »

Only right wing nuts watch FOX.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 10:45:01 pm »

I was amazed at the number of medical MJ places in Colorado.  Wonder how hard it is to get a doctor's note saying you have anxiety or insomnia?
TBH, I've been surprised at how few places I've seen.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org