A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 10:13:36 am
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Walk at Tulsa Hills  (Read 134133 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2014, 10:38:21 am »

Looks like Aldi will be going in.  When will this growing area of SW Tulsa get its first full service grocery store?  Will the south side of Tulsa Hills eventually have one?

http://www.tmapc.org/Documents/Agendas/05-21-14/Z-7164-SP-1.pdf

Reasor's is just two miles away.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2014, 10:40:45 am »

And Whorehouse Market is only a few miles the other direction.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2014, 12:20:41 pm »

Reasor's is just two miles away.

True, and many people around there probably go to it (my parents do).  Eventually as new housing goes up along and west of Elwood north and south of 71st, and other housing divisions go up along and south of 81st between 75 and Elwood, there will be a need for a full service grocery in or around Tulsa Hills.  There is also a number of really nice homes/high incomes nearby along 71st west of 33rd W Ave toward Oaks Country Club (just outside Tulsa city limits in Creek County). 

The population is this part of town has already more than doubled in 5 years and will probably double again in another 5.  Tulsa Hills, easy access to 75 and the rest of the city on 71st and Jenks schools will keep the growth steady.  It won't be long before a Jenks Northwest Elem is built.

SouthTulsaCountyDude
Activist

« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2014, 01:32:24 pm »

Looks like Aldi will be going in.  When will this growing area of SW Tulsa get its first full service grocery store?  Will the south side of Tulsa Hills eventually have one?

http://www.tmapc.org/Documents/Agendas/05-21-14/Z-7164-SP-1.pdf

What a waste of space?   

Would be been a perfect location for Sprouts.   They have a south Tulsa location (Bixby)   Tulsa Central location (41st and Harvard)    They are about to have a East location (Broken Arrow)   What about the West side?   
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2014, 03:15:58 pm »

I love Aldi. I shop at one every week.

Power is nothing till you use it.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2014, 09:03:46 pm »

I don't like Aldi, but that may be partially because the employees were massive tools when I visited. They do weird things in those stores like buy your own bags. When I went they didn't explain this, acted irritated that I didn't divine it on my own, and just tossed my stuff on a table and started checking out the next person. Didn't even give me the chance to buy a bag. We ended up just having to hug our food to the car.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2014, 09:08:18 pm »

I don't like Aldi, but that may be partially because the employees were massive tools when I visited. They do weird things in those stores like buy your own bags. When I went they didn't explain this, acted irritated that I didn't divine it on my own, and just tossed my stuff on a table and started checking out the next person. Didn't even give me the chance to buy a bag. We ended up just having to hug our food to the car.

“Awww come on big food hug!!!"

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2014, 09:09:43 pm »

there will be a need for a full service grocery in or around Tulsa Hills.  There is also a number of really nice homes/high incomes nearby along 71st west of 33rd W Ave toward Oaks Country Club (just outside Tulsa city limits in Creek County). 

I wonder if the boneheads at Target still disagree.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2014, 09:52:58 pm »

Didn't even give me the chance to buy a bag.

They sell bags right below the conveyor at the register. I just take a box or two from the store while shopping and box them myself.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2014, 10:10:28 pm »

Did you figure out that you get your quarter back when you return the cart?

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2014, 07:33:27 am »

I wonder if the boneheads at Target still disagree.

Target has added fresh food to that store, it's not exactly a full grocery store, but it's pretty close. At one point Wal-Mart was going to open a Neighborhood Market on the west side of US-75 on 81st.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2014, 07:39:03 am »

Target has added fresh food to that store, it's not exactly a full grocery store, but it's pretty close. At one point Wal-Mart was going to open a Neighborhood Market on the west side of US-75 on 81st.

That would have made more sense than the new WMM at 31st & Harvard.

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2014, 07:42:28 am »

I went to Aldi and bought staples, then compared the prices to the generics and store brands at Target, Walmart, and Reasors.  It really was about the same.  Aldi won on somethings, the others won on others.  I prefer to just go to one of the other stores and at least have the option of name brands that might be on sale.  People who like Aldi really like it though so they're doing something right.  Just not for me I guess.
Stanley1
Activist

« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2014, 09:07:16 am »

At one point Wal-Mart was going to open a Neighborhood Market on the west side of US-75 on 81st.

I had heard that was where Aldi was going to build as well.  Guess not.  Maybe The Walk had trouble getting one of the health chain grocers to sign up.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2014, 11:45:52 am »

Grocery selection at the 17th & Yale Target seems to be on it's death bead
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org