A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:23:32 pm
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Psychosis  (Read 87999 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2011, 01:51:18 pm »

He held back publishing this because he thought the Teabagger/Birther/Republican obsession with it made them look like racist kooks (which they are). Its produced today because he realized the strategy wasn't working and there are more simpleminded racist kooks in America than any of us want to admit.

Probably a lot of troof in that...

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2011, 02:15:50 pm »

Wow.  You spend over a million dollars in legal fees to hide your birth certificate for two years and then release a rather innocuous document that your graphic designer forgot to flatten before PDFing.

Do you have any idea how long it would take a graphic designer to pay back that kinda scratch?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2011, 03:05:39 pm »

Should read "Kauikeolani Children's Hospital" or "Kapi‘olani Maternity Home."

Wink

Kapi‘olani Maternity Home didn't become Kapiolani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital until 1978 when it merged with the hospital.

He should have just kept it secret, or said it got lost. 

The original registrar's signature on the certificate should be spelled Ukulele (just like the instrument).   Roll Eyes

I don't know if I'm more embarrassed that this is what they produced or that the most powerful man in the world didn't fact-check (or spell-check) the damn thing!

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2011, 03:13:49 pm »

Wink

Kapi‘olani Maternity Home didn't become Kapiolani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital until 1978 when it merged with the hospital.

The original registrar's signature on the certificate should be spelled Ukulele (just like the instrument).   Roll Eyes

I don't know if I'm more embarrassed that this is what they produced or that the most powerful man in the world didn't fact-check (or spell-check) the damn thing!

You're just being racist now.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2011, 03:23:28 pm »

Not sure if serious... but just in case:

Other certificates produced around the same time reveal that "Kapiolani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital" was printed as well. Scan down to "Susan Nordyke". http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=292053

---Robert
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2011, 03:23:34 pm »

Wink

Where are you getting this crap? The merger in 1978 wasn't to become Kapiolani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital, it was a merger between the women's hospital (what I guess was called Kapiolani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital at the time) and a children's hospital (Kauikeolani Children's Hospital) to become Kapi‘olani Medical Center for Women & Children.

Here's the story from the hospital itself:
http://www.kapiolani.org/women-and-children/about-us/default.aspx
This is the story of two hospitals: Kauikeolani Children's Hospital and Kapi‘olani Maternity Home.
Concerned about the welfare of Hawaii's mothers, Queen Kapi‘olani held luau and bazaars to raise the $8,000 needed to open Kapi‘olani Maternity Home in 1890. She endowed her legacy with “Kulia i ka nu‘u” or “Strive for the highest.”
In 1908, Albert and Emma Kauikeolani Wilcox donated $50,000 to start a children's hospital. The community, concerned that two of every seven infants in Hawai‘i did not live to see their first birthday, rallied to match the Wilcox's gift. A year later, Kauikeolani Children's Hospital opened.
The two hospitals joined in 1978 to become Kapi‘olani Medical Center for Women & Children.

As for the layers they happen as part of the creation of the PDF
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/265767/pdf-layers-obamas-birth-certificate-nathan-goulding

TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2011, 03:32:17 pm »

As for the layers they happen as part of the creation of the PDF
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/265767/pdf-layers-obamas-birth-certificate-nathan-goulding

Additionally, Illustrator will attempt to interpret the PDF image and present it as possible layers. I'm familiar with this behavior from working at TU's newspaper.

---Robert
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2011, 04:09:04 pm »

Additionally, Illustrator will attempt to interpret the PDF image and present it as possible layers. I'm familiar with this behavior from working at TU's newspaper.

That's not true. Illustrator cannot create layers from a raster image unless a "trace bitmap" function is run (in AI CS2 and higher).  Tracing a bitmap image to layers is time consuming. If illustrator did this, then every raster file you open would take several minutes to trace out.

I have been using Photoshop and Illustrator since the Space Monkey days.  Only a few geeks on this forum will know what that means.  Wink

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2011, 04:18:53 pm »

Wink

Releasing this document produces nothing of merit.  The people who suspect Obama isn't a citizen aren't people who can be convinced by a single document or by ten or by 100.  There will always be a hair to split, a reason that the single piece of evidence under discussion might be incorrectly labelled, or incorrectly formatted, or on paper made from trees not native to the island, or whatever.  There will never be enough proof to prove Obama is a citizen, because the belief is not about fact.  It's about belief.

Gaspar, you're never going to trust any document he releases.  Regardless of how reliable it is.  You'll always hunt down the miniscule discrepancy that makes it, in your eyes, fatally untrustworthy.  It's not because you believe in the faultiness of the fact; it's that, at heart, you don't believe Obama's in any way shape or form an American like you, and the faultiness of the facts flow from that belief.

I think this is why 37 million Republicans don't believe Obama is a citizen; it's because they don't believe his (purported, mostly imagined) belief system is American. 
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2011, 04:27:27 pm »

And that is it. We V US gets it. The question is: "is he as much of an American as I am?" Smiley

"They" (the mass psychotics) cloak him in the dark tone of imperialism out of hatred for what the man represents to their psyche.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2011, 04:30:43 pm »

wevus,

Is the URL under your name supposed to work?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2011, 04:33:52 pm »

wevus,

Is the URL under your name supposed to work?

Oh no, sorry.  I put the url for my prior avatar there while I searched for a new one.  It's a trash link.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2011, 04:41:17 pm »

I kind of figured - tried it and got errors.

All,
The people who suspect he isn't a citizen are idiots.  Even without a birth certificate, he is a natural born citizen due to the connection to his mother, who there is no doubt was a citizen.  But reality doesn't impinge very strongly into the wonderful wacky insane clown posse world of the RWRE. 

This is a year old, but is the definitive answer showing how he couldn't possibly be a US citizen - he was born in Hawaii!!  And is most likely heir to the throne to be King of Hawaii!!  So we have royalty usurping the most powerful position in the world!!  Geez, we are getting to be as bad as England!

http://www.hlrecord.org/news/original-obama-birth-certificate-unearthed-in-harvard-law-school-library-1.1293452

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2011, 05:16:26 pm »

And the retardation continues.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2011, 05:19:23 pm »

But it likely makes Donald 'The Toop' Trump irrelevant now.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org