A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:15:08 am
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bartlesville - That town to the north.  (Read 194010 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2012, 01:40:01 pm »

Yes, don't make the mistake of me thinking Bad Brad's is the greatest. It is not. It's just not terrible. I would not drive out of my way to go. But I still make frequent trips to Ponca (family) and it's not a bad pit stop.

Had a good meal at Head Country when I was through PC last month.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2012, 02:51:02 pm »

Had a good meal at Head Country when I was through PC last month.

Was MC with you?  Undecided
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2012, 03:24:07 pm »

Was MC with you?  Undecided

No, unfortunately one of those trips to Winfield, Ks I didn't know I was going to have to do until about 1pm.  Cry x 2

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2012, 06:35:25 pm »

That's surprising. Maybe it will do better. Camille's just offered subpar food and had to deal with McAlister's in the same parking lot, which I think is far more popular.

Actually never been to Sim's. I always assumed it was on par with Rib Crib. Am I wrong?

They started out pretty good for almost the first year they were in business.  It has been a long downhill slide ever since.  First year, we were there at least once a month...sometimes more.  It has been a couple years now since the last time.  But then, we were badly spoiled by Black Jaxx, too....

Albert G's is still it.

Otherwise, just wait for the next McRib time.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2012, 06:40:34 pm »

Yes, don't make the mistake of me thinking Bad Brad's is the greatest. It is not. It's just not terrible. I would not drive out of my way to go. But I still make frequent trips to Ponca (family) and it's not a bad pit stop.

Guess I'll have to make another trip up to Murphy's then...on my way to or back from getting Fat Tire.  Sad I have to drive to Caney for it.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
TylerBGoode
Activist

« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2012, 06:57:29 pm »

Guess I'll have to make another trip up to Murphy's then...on my way to or back from getting Fat Tire.  Sad I have to drive to Caney for it.

There are better options in Bartlesville than Murphy's. But then again, I think there are better beer options in Oklahoma than Fat Tire.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2012, 07:00:12 pm »

Now that is worth a stop. If you have the extra cash, I highly recommend Frank & Lola's. Easily one of the best in town. Outside of that, the only other place I recommend in town is Casa Tamale's. They have some amazing beef and chipotle seasoned pork. Not fancy, walk up counter, styrofoam plates, but it is the best tex-mex. (Opinion alert) I even prefer it to anything I've had in Tulsa, although I haven't tried a boat load of mexican. What are some of the best you would recommend.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2012, 07:01:46 pm »

Went to the Buffalo Wild Wings in Moore, OK a couple weeks ago for lunch.  Interesting thing happened.  Everyone at the table got a regular menu.  Since I actually AM so special, I got their special menu that has the calories next to each order.  Or maybe the girl thought I was the fattest one at the table.  (I was.)

6 wings has 670 calories.
12 wings have 1340.
25 wing bucket is huge number of calories
50 wing bucket is suicidal

I mentioned to the waitress that I was glad to see that and thought it was a great idea.  She FREAKED!!  Apparently this was an 'experiment' they tried for a very short time and it was not a time they wanted to revisit.  She was in near panic to get that thing back from me before the manager saw it.  

Mildly amusing interlude in the day.

Oh, and the wings tasted just as good at 670 calories as they did when I had no idea what they had.  And while the top two levels of hot sauce have a good flavor, I just can't quite do that much heat without diluting it with the 3rd level.  (Can't remember any of the names...just hot, hot, hot, hot.)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2012, 07:09:13 pm »

Went to the Buffalo Wild Wings in Moore, OK a couple weeks ago for lunch.  Interesting thing happened.  Everyone at the table got a regular menu.  Since I actually AM so special, I got their special menu that has the calories next to each order.  Or maybe the girl thought I was the fattest one at the table.  (I was.)

6 wings has 670 calories.
12 wings have 1340.
25 wing bucket is huge number of calories
50 wing bucket is suicidal

I mentioned to the waitress that I was glad to see that and thought it was a great idea.  She FREAKED!!  Apparently this was an 'experiment' they tried for a very short time and it was not a time they wanted to revisit.  She was in near panic to get that thing back from me before the manager saw it.  

Mildly amusing interlude in the day.

Oh, and the wings tasted just as good at 670 calories as they did when I had no idea what they had.  And while the top two levels of hot sauce have a good flavor, I just can't quite do that much heat without diluting it with the 3rd level.  (Can't remember any of the names...just hot, hot, hot, hot.)

They did the same thing in Bartlesville (haven't been back to see if they took it back). Everybody at the table was shocked at the calories in the salads. Yikes!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2012, 07:12:16 pm »

They did the same thing in Bartlesville (haven't been back to see if they took it back). Everybody at the table was shocked at the calories in the salads. Yikes!

Oh, yeah...forgot about the salads.  They were 1400 to about 1700 calories, IIRC.  The average of what must be their best sellers were around 1500 calories +/-.
But I already "knew" that...and factored in when I eat there.  It is the only meal of the day.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 07:15:15 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2012, 07:32:07 pm »

There are better options in Bartlesville than Murphy's. But then again, I think there are better beer options in Oklahoma than Fat Tire.

I know for a fact there are better options (Marshall).  But I also like Fat Tire and will drive to Kansas for it. I drink a ton of Marshall's. Fat Tire is a treat.

I'm sure also there are just as good or better options than Murphy's. I happen to like them once or twice a year.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2012, 07:43:09 pm »

Oh, yeah...forgot about the salads.  They were 1400 to about 1700 calories, IIRC.  The average of what must be their best sellers were around 1500 calories +/-.
But I already "knew" that...and factored in when I eat there.  It is the only meal of the day.

Did they list the sodium content?  I'll bet that would scare anyone whether they are susceptible to sodium vs. blood pressure or not.  Except for a few things, like fresh sliced tomatoes, I don't add salt to much of anything.  Whenever I go out to eat (not often), everything tastes too salty and I am really thirsty for hours.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2012, 08:46:31 pm »

Did they list the sodium content?  I'll bet that would scare anyone whether they are susceptible to sodium vs. blood pressure or not.  Except for a few things, like fresh sliced tomatoes, I don't add salt to much of anything.  Whenever I go out to eat (not often), everything tastes too salty and I am really thirsty for hours.

No salt info.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2012, 10:06:53 pm »

No salt info.

One step at a time. We wouldn't want people's heads exploding when they realized how much salt they were ingesting in addition to the huge calorie counts.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2012, 07:56:08 am »

^^The above posts are why MC and I eat 90-95% of our meals at home.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org