A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:35:18 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2011.03.27 - Tulsa Oilers v Allen Americans  (Read 11741 times)
les_stockton
Civic Leader

« on: March 29, 2011, 08:26:36 pm »

Full photo set at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/les_stockton/sets/72157626383082762/

Full photo set at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/les_stockton/sets/72157626383082762/
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 05:13:05 am by les_stockton » Logged

-----
www.freewebs.com/stocktonunderground

www.twitter.com/les_stockton

http://www.flickr.com/people/les_stockton/

http://les-stockton.smugmug.com/

You do dat, you go to da box, you know, uh, two minutes by yourself, and you feel shame, you know, and then you get free. ~Denis Lemieux
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 11:01:19 pm »

This was a tough game to lose, but the outcome in the long run did not matter as we got the placement in the playoffs we wanted.  This is the first time I've been excited about Oiler hockey since before the turn of the century.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
bmuscotty
Civic Leader

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 09:45:50 am »

How far do you think they will make it in the playoffs? Seems like Colorado has had our (and everyone elses) number ever since they became a franchise.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 10:02:42 am »

How far do you think they will make it in the playoffs? Seems like Colorado has had our (and everyone elses) number ever since they became a franchise.

Colorado; not so much anymore.  Rapid City has them this season.  Hell, even our last game up there we beat them pretty handily (5-1).  This isn't last years or two season's back Oiler squad.  There are some fairly skilled players on the team for this level.

We've also had Mississippi's number this season (our record against them is 7-0-1, granted 4 of those were either in OT or a shootout) which I why I preferred having them as opposed to getting Odessa (whom we would have played had we slipped to 4th).

I predict we will get past MS in the first round.  Depends on who we play in the second round.  If it's Allen, it doesn't bode too well (we're 2-4-1 against them), but they're not unbeatable.  They have a great record sure, but playoffs is a whole different season.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

bmuscotty
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 09:37:03 am »

Ouch 7-3 loss. Thats not the way to start!!

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 10:08:13 am »

Ouch 7-3 loss. Thats not the way to start!!

Pretty ugly.  The guys underestimated this team I think due to the fact that we've owned them in the regular season.  This is the playoffs, boys.  All bets are off.

I still think we can right the ship.  But they need to send a message tonight with a solid win.  We can beat them in their house, but they need to quit thinking it will be handed to them.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 10:13:02 am »

Someone should have dropped the gloves......

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 02:47:23 pm »

Someone should have dropped the gloves......

The only guy we have that does, other than our elder (Fleck) is Brennan Barker, and he's injured.  Guys tend to not fight as much in the postseason also.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 07:35:51 pm »

The only guy we have that does, other than our elder (Fleck) is Brennan Barker, and he's injured.  Guys tend to not fight as much in the postseason also.

When your getting your donkey handed to you at home....You better do something to spark your team...Play-offs or not.....This one could be over quick.....

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 10:13:33 pm »

When your getting your donkey handed to you at home....You better do something to spark your team...Play-offs or not.....This one could be over quick.....

Well, the boys played a bit more physical tonight, but still lost.

I've pretty much decided that as long as Lund is associated with this team, I'll not be attending games next season.  Come on AHL....

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 10:17:39 pm »

Well, the boys played a bit more physical tonight, but still lost.

I've pretty much decided that as long as Lund is associated with this team, I'll not be attending games next season.  Come on AHL....

I did that about 4 years ago.....

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 10:37:44 pm »

I did that about 4 years ago.....

Yeah, but it was still hockey, and then they got the affiliation which I thought might help.  Helped the AHL team get a look at our boys and that was about it.  The CHL is in trouble.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 06:28:02 am »

Yeah, but it was still hockey, and then they got the affiliation which I thought might help.  Helped the AHL team get a look at our boys and that was about it.  The CHL is in trouble.

Sorry but hockey ended in Tulsa with the hiring of Butch Kaebel....The only reason he had any success was with the last of Garys recruits.....

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 09:38:53 am »

Sorry but hockey ended in Tulsa with the hiring of Butch Kaebel....The only reason he had any success was with the last of Garys recruits.....

Now that I agree with.  Real hockey anyway.  I think the CHL is in trouble to begin with; several teams are defecting either to the lower SPHL or the Juniors (NAHL).

les_stockton
Civic Leader

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2011, 10:59:36 am »

Well, if Tulsa ends up making a move, it wont be the AHL because of the proximity to OKC.  So if we do move from the CHL, I'd prefer the NAHL.  It's fun to watch and not expensive (but not cheap either).

-----
www.freewebs.com/stocktonunderground

www.twitter.com/les_stockton

http://www.flickr.com/people/les_stockton/

http://les-stockton.smugmug.com/

You do dat, you go to da box, you know, uh, two minutes by yourself, and you feel shame, you know, and then you get free. ~Denis Lemieux
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org