A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:14:09 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brady Tavern  (Read 14455 times)
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« on: February 16, 2011, 04:38:45 pm »

Location(s) Being Reviewed: Brady Tavern
Date/Time of Visit: 11:45 am, Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Quality of Food (1-5): 5
Menu/Food Options (1-5):  3
Quality of Service (1-5): 5
Atmosphere (1-5): 4
Overall Rating (1-5): 4
Price ($-$$$$$):  $$

What makes this restaurant unique:

The interior is very nice, I loved it, it’s the same layout as Lola’s, but changed décor.  It’s nice, another Elliott Nelson spot.

Tell us about your experience:

The menu looks wonderful; unfortunately there were only a few items other than soup and salads that I would want to try.  I had the Tavern Club, it was delish.  Very fresh tasting, the seasoned mayo was tasty and gave it a little extra punch.  The shoestring fries were yummy and it was a huge treat to find sliced garlic at the bottom of the pile, I love garlic.  My friend had the grilled cheese and tomato bisque soup.  The GC of the day had some cheese I don’t know and pears, again, I’m sure if you like that, it was good, but it was a little too upscale for our taste buds.  I tasted her soup, it was yummy, doesn’t beat Palace Café, but good none the less.

Drink selection looked good, I had a Blvd draft, had to go back to office  Wink

Service was very good, I would definitely go back, but this will most likely be a nice after dinner location for a drink, more than a dining out location for me.  I don’t like seafood or mushrooms . . . that knocked out  several options from their limited menu.  I might go for the mac n cheese, I’ve heard its great, offered as a side on the menu

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 04:41:30 pm »

I might go for the mac n cheese, I’ve heard its great,

It is.  My wife would mainline it if it was possible.
brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 11:32:32 am »

beer in wine glasses? ummm, no. i've been to a lot of beer joints/halls/pubs/fine restaurants and that is pretentious BS. so i can "enjoy the boquet" like a "fine wine"?
i've had lots of beer in my day- beer toured bavaria, brewed my own beer (hell, some of my friends are professional brewers and bar owners...

short pouring me a max of 10-11 ounces of beer in a 12 ounce glass (they could have been some odd-ball 10 oz. size i didnt have a measuring cup on me) and selling it to me for a pint price is load of bollucks. dont piss on me and tell me its raining...

my "bacon popcorn" was stale, greasy, not tasty/bacony and not worth 5$...

service was good...

"It costs a fortune to look this trashy..."
"Don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..."

http://www.stopabductions.com/
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 11:47:26 am »

beer in wine glasses? ummm, no. i've been to a lot of beer joints/halls/pubs/fine restaurants and that is pretentious BS. so i can "enjoy the boquet" like a "fine wine"?
i've had lots of beer in my day- beer toured bavaria, brewed my own beer (hell, some of my friends are professional brewers and bar owners...

short pouring me a max of 10-11 ounces of beer in a 12 ounce glass (they could have been some odd-ball 10 oz. size i didnt have a measuring cup on me) and selling it to me for a pint price is load of bollucks. dont piss on me and tell me its raining...

my "bacon popcorn" was stale, greasy, not tasty/bacony and not worth 5$...

service was good...

That is odd, Did you order a Barley Wine? That's usually served in a wine glass (and despite the name, is an Ale, not a wine)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 11:49:13 am by swake » Logged
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 12:29:26 pm »

Some of the Barley Wines come in smaller bottles.  I think Anchor's Old Foghorn is in 7 or 8 oz bottles.  Big Foot arrives in 12 oz bottles.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 01:59:33 pm »

Bruno's right.  They'll pour some of the lighter beers in a wine glass unless you specify.  Something Elliot picked up while traveling someplace apparently.

I always drink Guinness so I don't have the issue.  They'd never dare sully a Guinness.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 04:30:32 pm »

I had a cru served to me in a brandy snifter at the Pagosa Springs Brewing Co last year. I thought it a bit odd, but again, probably one of those beer snob things that I'm just not sophisticated enough to get.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 05:48:44 pm »

I had a cru served to me in a brandy snifter at the Pagosa Springs Brewing Co last year. I thought it a bit odd, but again, probably one of those beer snob things that I'm just not sophisticated enough to get.

The Belgians are fairly fanatic about the type of glass beer is served in.  Aroma is a big part of most everything better than MillerCoorsBud Light.  The Brandy snifter and goblet type glasses help get the beer aroma to your nose. 

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 06:19:58 pm »

The Belgians are fairly fanatic about the type of glass beer is served in.  Aroma is a big part of most everything better than MillerCoorsBud Light.  The Brandy snifter and goblet type glasses help get the beer aroma to your nose. 

In the Bay Area in Aug of 2001, I had my first Unibroue beer (Maudite).  It's a Belgian.  The bartender served it in a snifter.  Beer is beer.  Snifter or pitcher.

Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 06:31:08 pm »

In the Bay Area in Aug of 2001, I had my first Unibroue beer (Maudite).  It's a Belgian.  The bartender served it in a snifter.  Beer is beer.  Snifter or pitcher.
 Grin

I usually drink Belgian style beers in a Chimay goblet.  (Available in a pack with the 3 varieties of Chimay.)  Unibroue is actually from Chambly Quebec. My favorite is La Fin Du Monde.

brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 08:13:30 pm »

Poured in a wine glass, i begged to differ.
Was not a goblet nor snifter.
Neither barley wine nor chimay
Even marshalls atlas came that way.

Maybe it was the server bartender but all six draughts we ordered, were 10 oz wine glass pours.  They brought a wine glass for the bottled marshalls. Yeah I've seen plenty of high abv Belgian beers in wine glasses. We were told by both th bartender and server "that's how they all come." 

Either way, the food is still debatable. I'd love to get an outsiders, genuinely unbiased opinion.

It's McElderlies (when ur too old or "refined" to put up with mcnellies but still want that nelson experience). To each his own.

"It costs a fortune to look this trashy..."
"Don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..."

http://www.stopabductions.com/
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2011, 08:34:40 pm »

Poured in a wine glass, i begged to differ.
Was not a goblet nor snifter.
Neither barley wine nor chimay
Even marshalls atlas came that way.

You're a poet
You don't know it
But your feet show it
They're Longfellows

(No idea of the author, I heard if from my mom decades ago.)

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2011, 09:17:42 pm »

And that was a heavenly beer as I recall.  Too bad I'd had a couple of strong IPA's right before.  I checked their seasonals for my return trip coming up and I don't see a cru  Undecided

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2011, 07:40:30 am »

My wife and I went to the Brady Tavern a few weeks ago and thought it was great.
Neither of us had a beer.   I had the bacon infused old-fashioned, she some martini.
Food, service, atmosphere:  all top notch.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2011, 08:59:03 am »

My wife and I went to the Brady Tavern a few weeks ago and thought it was great.
Neither of us had a beer.   I had the bacon infused old-fashioned, she some martini.
Food, service, atmosphere:  all top notch.

BACON!!!!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org